Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 13:05   #136
BHPian
 
coriollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MH-14 MH 12
Posts: 201
Thanked: 226 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I put the data in Google maps and this is the route I arrived at, please check the and let me know if this is okay :
Yes, This is the route I am talking about. Panvel-Vadkhal has a very high traffic of containers from JNPT and various container terminals.
And as pjbiju rightly said, there are numerous diversions and potholes in this stretch.

On another note, If you continue on NH17 without turning right at Lonere, You will experience a super drive till Khed. Turn right at Khed and you have a World Bank aided road upto Dapoli.. Super smooth. You drive about 50 Kms extra. But the time required is the same.

I would say that try both the routes. Each has its own beauty.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
coriollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 13:37   #137
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 251
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Yes, This is the route I am talking about. Panvel-Vadkhal has a very high traffic of containers from JNPT and various container terminals.
And as pjbiju rightly said, there are numerous diversions and potholes in this stretch.

On another note, If you continue on NH17 without turning right at Lonere, You will experience a super drive till Khed. Turn right at Khed and you have a World Bank aided road upto Dapoli.. Super smooth. You drive about 50 Kms extra. But the time required is the same.

I would say that try both the routes. Each has its own beauty.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
A friend who travelled to Kashid last week took 1.5 hours to travel the 7 km distance between Pen bypass to Vadhkal naka. Because of road widening work and the large number of trucks on that road, you may lose precious time trying to get past Vadhkal naka if you take this route.
Thanks again for the help.
The other route turn out to be this :
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=st...ra=ls&t=m&z=11

Maybe we try one route each way. Thinking of doing the Khed route while going.

We are staying at a place called Kinara Resort on Karde beach, friends have already booked. Hope it is good.

We will be reaching on 25th (Plan to leave Mumbai by 6.30am) and checking out on 28th. What are the places of interest in the area? There are 3 kids below age 10 so some places where they would enjoy too. Which are good places to eat (hotel is booked without food). We are strictly vegetarians (and friends are strictly Jain).

Last edited by jesrani : 21st May 2013 at 13:38.
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 15:46   #138
BHPian
 
coriollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MH-14 MH 12
Posts: 201
Thanked: 226 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Mumbai by 6.30am) and checking out on 28th. What are the places of interest in the area? There are 3 kids below age 10 so some places where they would enjoy too. Which are good places to eat (hotel is booked without food). We are strictly vegetarians (and friends are strictly Jain).
When you reach Dapoli from Khed, there is a steep slope just before the Dapoli ST stand. Just after the slope, take a left towards 'Aryawarta Holiday Homes'. Follow the signboards. Just before Aryawarta, There is a small hotel named ' Soman Abhyavahar' to your right. Here you will get very good and hygenic Maharashtrian Chitpavani food. It is also very decently priced.
As far as I know, you get jain food there.

As for the sightseeing,
1. Keshavraj Temple: Located at 5 km from Dapoli towards karde, You have to walk through dense vegetation and climb a small hill. Here there is a temple of lord Vishnu. You will also see a 24x7 clear water stream just besides the temple. Its heaven. At the foothills, there is a small cluster of houses. They also serve made to order Chitpavani food. You can get a glass of home made Kokam Sarbat here too.

2. Palande Beach: Beach located on Harnai road. 4 km from Karde.

3. Sunset point: Go further on from Palande Beach, take a sharp right turn just before Harnai village. There is a steep ghat section which will take you to the top of the mountain. Drive along for 2-3 kms and you will reach the sunset point. Absolutely faboulous spot.

Also please note that these beaches are home to some rare species of sea turtles.Flora and fauna here is experencing a sudden load of tourists. Please strive hard to keep 'Konkan' the way it is, so that more people can enjoy its beauty.
Hope you have a great trip.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
coriollis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 16:37   #139
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 251
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
When you reach Dapoli from Khed, there is a steep slope just before the Dapoli ST stand. Just after the slope, take a left towards 'Aryawarta Holiday Homes'. Follow the signboards. Just before Aryawarta, There is a small hotel named ' Soman Abhyavahar' to your right. Here you will get very good and hygenic Maharashtrian Chitpavani food. It is also very decently priced.
As far as I know, you get jain food there.

As for the sightseeing,
1. Keshavraj Temple: Located at 5 km from Dapoli towards karde, You have to walk through dense vegetation and climb a small hill. Here there is a temple of lord Vishnu. You will also see a 24x7 clear water stream just besides the temple. Its heaven. At the foothills, there is a small cluster of houses. They also serve made to order Chitpavani food. You can get a glass of home made Kokam Sarbat here too.

2. Palande Beach: Beach located on Harnai road. 4 km from Karde.

3. Sunset point: Go further on from Palande Beach, take a sharp right turn just before Harnai village. There is a steep ghat section which will take you to the top of the mountain. Drive along for 2-3 kms and you will reach the sunset point. Absolutely faboulous spot.

Also please note that these beaches are home to some rare species of sea turtles.Flora and fauna here is experencing a sudden load of tourists. Please strive hard to keep 'Konkan' the way it is, so that more people can enjoy its beauty.
Hope you have a great trip.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
Can't thank you enough for all your suggestions and tips.
Any other good places to eat in Dapoli / Karde?
And any more places to see, I think there is some fort nearby, is that correct?
How will the weather be at this time?
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:13   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
And any more places to see, I think there is some fort nearby, is that correct?
How will the weather be at this time?
Kinara hotel at karde beach is best, I stayed there in the past.
A fort neat harnai port and ganapati temple near Anjarle are famous spots.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:35   #141
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 251
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Kinara hotel at karde beach is best, I stayed there in the past.
A fort neat harnai port and ganapati temple near Anjarle are famous spots.
Sounds great. Looking forward to the trip now.
jesrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 14:50   #142
BHPian
 
coriollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MH-14 MH 12
Posts: 201
Thanked: 226 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Did my regular Chota- Recharge trip to Dapoli. Started from Pune on 4th June 9AM .To much reluctance from my side and much pestering from my dad, took the Pune- Chandani Chowk- Tamhini- Vile MIDC- Mangaon- Tol Phata- Ambet- Mandangad- Dapoli route.

It turned to be a good decision. We reached Dapoli in 4.5 hours with multiple stops. The roads are in great conditions through out barring a few patches near Mulshi and about 10 km of the Tamhini ghats.

Returned via same route. We indulged in 'Jambhul and Karwanda' eating frenzy, so took 5 hours to reach home.

Cheers,
Abhijeet.
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 15:25   #143
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 8
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Hi all ,
Some info about Pune-Dapoli-Karde route
Route taken : Pune-Bhor-Varandha-Khed-Dapoli-Karde
Car : Indica Vista Vx
Date of trip : 9-11 July 2013
Road Condition update:
1.Pune - Bhor : Generally good , lots of potholes at road diversion points for flyover works on NH4.
2.Bhor - Varandha : Some sections after one starts decending Varandha ghat broken and with potholes , generally good and motorable . Extremely scenic and beautiful views all around
3.Varandha-Khed (Bharne Phata) - Good condition
4.Khed - Dapoli : Good , Road passing through Khed has huge potholes in some sections .
5.Dapoli-Karde: good road till one takes left turn towards Karde-Murud junction, after that you have very little tar road till karde , some sections have no tar at all , will definitely test your car`s ground clearance
rider_no46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 23:07   #144
BHPian
 
Ritzvxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 61
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Route query for a journey from Pune to Roha:

A colleague is planning to travel from Pune to Roha, tentatively on 8th August, 2013. We're seeking advice on the possible routes:

1. The SH-60 route (Paud-Tamhini Ghat)
2. Mumbai-Pune Express way - Khopoli-Pali Road/SH 92

- Which of the above route would be in good/drive-able condition
- Traffic situation
- Other do and don'ts on both the routes

Thank you!
Ritzvxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 12:52   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 157
Thanked: 94 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Route query for a journey from Pune to Roha:

A colleague is planning to travel from Pune to Roha, tentatively on 8th August, 2013. We're seeking advice on the possible routes:

1. The SH-60 route (Paud-Tamhini Ghat)
2. Mumbai-Pune Express way - Khopoli-Pali Road/SH 92

- Which of the above route would be in good/drive-able condition
- Traffic situation
- Other do and don'ts on both the routes

Thank you!
Avoid Tamhini. it is full of potholes and broken road for 40 kms. Stick to the expressway route
heman_369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 13:00   #146
BHPian
 
Ritzvxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 61
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Avoid Tamhini. it is full of potholes and broken road for 40 kms. Stick to the expressway route
Thank you! By any chance did you travel via Tamhini route recently? More inputs please.
Ritzvxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 13:39   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 157
Thanked: 94 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Thank you! By any chance did you travel via Tamhini route recently? More inputs please.
Yes i traveled via Tamhini 3 weeks back from Shrivardhan to Pune. Road from Vile MIDC end to Mulshi lake is full of craters and you will not be able to cross 20-30hm\hr.
heman_369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 16:50   #148
BHPian
 
Ritzvxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 61
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
Yes i traveled via Tamhini 3 weeks back from Shrivardhan to Pune. Road from Vile MIDC end to Mulshi lake is full of craters and you will not be able to cross 20-30hm\hr.
Awesome! Thank you heman_369! I guess based on your inputs, express way has to be the choice this time.

On the same note:

Now that going via Expressway, Can somebody detail me on route below:

Mumbai-Pune expressway Khopli Exit - Khopoli-Pali Road (SH 92) - Mumbai-Goa Road (Godasai-Sukeli-Nadawali-Khamb-Pugaon-Kolad-Roha).
Roha is the destination.

As per google maps a total distance from Khopoli to Roha, via the route suggested above is 70 Km.
Primarily need info. on road condition.

Thanks!
Ritzvxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:15   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 163
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Planning trip to Dapoli in last week of Dec'13. Any updates on Tamhini, Varandha routes OR still the expressway is the best option?
NH 17 from Pen is a pain with heavy containers and road work in progress. Would be happy to travel via Tamhini with relative peace.
Please update. thanks
bigwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 11:12   #150
BHPian
 
Figopian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 351
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Planning trip to Dapoli in last week of Dec'13. Any updates on Tamhini, Varandha routes OR still the expressway is the best option?
NH 17 from Pen is a pain with heavy containers and road work in progress. Would be happy to travel via Tamhini with relative peace.
Please update. thanks
I think Tamhini is the best and fastest option to reach Dapoli from Pune. The road would be bad in the ghat section, but still better than driving in narrow Bhor ghat. Expressway would be too long. Keep ample time in hand and just cruise through Tamhini, would be my recomondation. I am not sure if the Ambet road is still drivable or you should take the Khed -> Dapoli road.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For the Love of Sand, Water & Sun - Pune to Dapoli Engine_Roars Travelogues 10 29th October 2017 15:40
Pune - Sangli - Bijapur - Hampi - Dharwad - Dandeli - Kolhapur - Dapoli - Pune : Route Queries mohansinha Route / Travel Queries 26 5th September 2017 10:42
Drive from Pune-Bijapur-Hampi-Dandeli-Dapoli-Pune mohansinha Travelogues 1 29th March 2010 13:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks