Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th May 2015, 12:48   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
This was a good road last year - May 2014, a typical 2 lane state highway.
Take the the exit at khalapur and head out towards imagica and then ahead.

Very scenic road, relatively less traffic. It has a lot of winding sections, and you need to be attentive 100% but not much of ghat though.

I too am planning to travel the same road enroute to dapoli in a couple of days. So if anyone knows the road conditions on this section as well as the subsequent one from mandangad to dapoli. It will help a lot.

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply.

We are going on Sunday so you will go before me, do take a few pics & upload them if possible.

Thanks
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 16:19   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Need update on Khopoli - Pali road.
Quote:
This was a good road last year - May 2014, a typical 2 lane state highway.
It is still a very good road. Just took it last weekend. Good road, less traffic.

The problem comes once you join NH17. That patch is bad. Road widening is on at many places and still it is a 2 lane highway with very heavy traffic.

There is patch of about 15 kms in Mandangad Dapoli route that is in bad shape. This road I had taken last November. Don't have any latest update on this patch.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 10:15   #183
BHPian

Just an update

The Khopoli Pali road is in pristine condition, the few bad patches before imagica have been fixed. It is one of the best two lane state highways to drive on.

For Dapoli, while going took Tol phata after veer - towards - ambet - mandangad - SH100/SH272. The road between tol phata and ambet is in ok condition, there are quite a few patches so average speed will drop a bit but it is one of the most scenic routes by the side of the river and mountain to drive on, SH272 is much better - good roads with a few patches all the way to mandangad. Turned left just before mandangad to head towards kumbale - visapur sondeghar - again a brilliant scenic mountain road. Turned right at sondeghar to head towards kerdi - dapoli. Good roads. Took overall around 2 hours from mangaon to dapoli,

Had to cut short the visit to dapoli and head back early, in order to save time i was advised to return via khed - NH17. Roads are good but it takes more time and the average speed does not increase too much because of traffic and the khashedi ghat which one has to cross, the khashedi ghat is pretty long. It took a good 3 hours to reach from dapoli to mangaon and from thereon another 6 hours to mumbai - courtesy a massive traffic pile up caused by people trying to squeeze past each other on the narrow kolad/kundalika bridge - lost around an hour and half to the jam.

PS: the roads from dapoli to kolthare MS4 - is extremely patchy after burondi and if you are heading towards kolthare beach dont take the small road towards the right from SH4 unless you really want to have the time of your life - really steep, extremely patchy with unpaved sections with bushes on both sides which touch your vehicle. Those four - five km were really really scary.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 24th May 2015 at 10:19.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2015, 14:07   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Just an update

PS: the roads from dapoli to kolthare MS4 - is extremely patchy after burondi and if you are heading towards kolthare beach dont take the small road towards the right from SH4 unless you really want to have the time of your life - really steep, extremely patchy with unpaved sections with bushes on both sides which touch your vehicle. Those four - five km were really really scary.

Hope this helps.
I am from Kolthare, and maybe I am accustomed to that road..But... It is a 'must do' for the enthusiasts..
A bit scary after sunset though..

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 15:27   #185
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any update on Pune Dapoli road via Mulshi-Tol-Ambet-Mandangad-Dapoli? I am planning a visit to Dapoli on 25th. I dont expect great roads till mangaon, but more concerned about the Ambet patch. Any updates, tips would be great!
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 13:59   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Hi Guys,

Any update on Pune Dapoli road via Mulshi-Tol-Ambet-Mandangad-Dapoli? I am planning a visit to Dapoli on 25th. I dont expect great roads till mangaon, but more concerned about the Ambet patch. Any updates, tips would be great!
Roads are excellent all the way. But stick to this route itself. Lonere -Ambet is not in good shape I presume.
Enjoy.

Cheers!
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 14:15   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Hi Guys,

I was there in Dapoli in July. We took Tol-Ambet-Mandangad-Sondeghar-Dapoli route. Road is bad till Mangaon. Mangaon to Tol is good. Tol-Ambet-Mandangad-Sondeghar is patchy at best. Then onwards till Dapoli, road gets better. So, in all, expect an average speed of ~45-50 km/hr from Tol to Dapoli.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 10:19   #188
BHPian

Did Pune-Tamhini-Mangaon-Tol phata-Mandangad-Dapoli last weekend. I must admit roads were never in such a good shape over the past 6 years that I am traveling on this road. Yes it gets patchy after Tol phata for some distance, some rough patches around Tamhini village, but definitely manageable.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 14:42   #189
BHPian

Hi All,

Need your inputs to reach Dapoli.

I need to be in Dapoli for 5-6 days in December 2015. My journey starts from Bangalore and considering time and efforts needed, I thought the best way to reach Dapoli (this is my second trip, first before one year) is taking flight from Bangalore to Pune and hire a car from selfdrive.in and take Pune- Bhor- Poladpur route to Dapoli. I will be taking this option for December trip. The same can be done like BLR- Mumbai and selfdrive from Mumbai to Dapoli, but I know Pune city better than Mumbai, hence I thought to travel via Pune. Do you suggest some other options?

However, due to curiosity and because of the fact that I may have to make quarterly trips to Dapoli hence forth, was looking for cheaper options. I understand that we have train/ Volvo overnight buses from Bangalore to Kolhapur/ Kakad (buses going to Pune/ Mumbai), but not much inputs were derived on how to reach Dapoli from Kakad by public transport systems. I searched in MSRTC site but bus frequency is poor.

Any inputs for this option?

Thanks
Aravind
Aravindpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2015, 17:07   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Hi All,

Need your inputs to reach Dapoli.

I need to be in Dapoli for 5-6 days in December 2015. My journey starts from Bangalore and considering time and efforts needed, I thought the best way to reach Dapoli (this is my second trip, first before one year) is taking flight from Bangalore to Pune and hire a car from selfdrive.in and take Pune- Bhor- Poladpur route to Dapoli.
I would suggest taking the Pune -Tamhini Ghat - Mahad - Dapoli route. The roads are better in tamhini ghat as compared to the Bhor (Varandha Ghat ) route.

Quote:
However, due to curiosity and because of the fact that I may have to make quarterly trips to Dapoli hence forth, was looking for cheaper options. I understand that we have train/ Volvo overnight buses from Bangalore to Kolhapur/ Kakad (buses going to Pune/ Mumbai), but not much inputs were derived on how to reach Dapoli from Kakad by public transport systems. I searched in MSRTC site but bus frequency is poor.

Any inputs for this option?

Thanks
Aravind
There are a few buses that go from Pune to Dapoli.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 18:51   #191

Hi All,

Can anyone comment what is the best route to go to Dapoli from Pune recently?

Is this route good (good meaning 'driveable in a hatchback e.g. Figo/Swift/Indica Vista'):
Pune-Tamhini-Mangaon-Tol phata-Mandangad-Dapoli

Thanks in advance!
suhas_pm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 20:58   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_pm View Post
Hi All,

Is this route good (good meaning 'driveable in a hatchback e.g. Figo/Swift/Indica Vista'):

Thanks in advance!
Yes. The route is perfect for reaching Dapoli from Pune. Road is in excellent condition.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 23:22   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
The route is in good condition. Just the small patch after Tol phata is not in good condition, but nothing that a Swift or Vista cannot take.

If you going to Harnai Beach, and want accommodation options, do check out Sea Princess Resort.

Drive Safe.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016, 11:20   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest you go all the way to Khed from Mangaon on NH17 instead of getting into the internal roads through Mandangad. Even with my Endy, I prefer NH17. While the internal roads have gotten much better nowadays, especially before the rains hit, the odd patch of bad road here and there can give you serious headaches, and god forbid, a tire burst.

Pune to Mangaon is pretty fine, except a couple of small rough patches.

At Dapoli, my cousin owns the Ferms Samali resort, so let me know if you need any help there
siddheshb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 00:56   #195

Ketan T, KaandBaaz, siddheshb - Thank you for those kind replies. I appreciate the prompt, clear and useful answers!!!

@siddheshb - actually, the plan was to travel over the weekend (19/20 MAR) but realized today that I have a production load this weekend . So much of time will be spent on laptop...
So the plan is postponed to mostly MAY-2016. I will surely get in touch with you about the staying arrangement. Thank you for the help!!!
suhas_pm is online now   Reply With Quote