Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th July 2017, 20:44   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
Hi Parag/Aurangabad Travellers

Could not find a dedicated thread for Pune-Auranagabad; hence posting my query over here.

I would be travelling from Pune to Aurangabad on a 2 day trip at the start of August. Request your inputs for my travel needs.
For Pune Aurangabad check my traveloug from Dec 16
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182998 (Marathwada Drive: Aurangabad, Ellora, Ajanta & Lonar)

Just don't take the Nagar bypass period.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 16:01   #92
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Aurangabad : Route Queries

Planned suddenly and made a quick trip to Aurangabad this weekend with family. Got a good deal with lemon tree hotel, and booked right away.

From Pune to Aurangabad, roads are good through out. I have stopped taking the by pass for some time and prefers to go through Ahmednagar instead.
Aurangabad to Ajanta road has gone through transformation, nicely laid and demarcated road. Now it takes little less than 2 hours to reach Ajanta caves.

There was no rain, but weather was cloudy and too much humid. Otherwise nice and enjoyable trip. Covered Vadra maruti tample, Ghrishneswar temple, Panchakki pir baba, Ajanta and Ellora and also some marketing. Left out is lonar, may be another trip .
6 year old humble Micra keeps up through the journey, got little over 17 KM per liter of petrol.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 12:12   #93
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks - I am traveling with family from Mumbai to Aurangabad next Friday. Any tips / pointers on which route to take/avoid?
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2017, 12:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Hi Folks - I am traveling with family from Mumbai to Aurangabad next Friday. Any tips / pointers on which route to take/avoid?
It's been said enough times but I will say it again.
Avoid Nagar bypass. Go thru the city. Ignore all signboards before nagar which ask you to as you turn left for the bypass. Continue straight.
Apart from that the road is pretty straight forward.
Mumbai-expway exit-pune city-wagholi-shirur-nagar city-aurangabad

There is no bypass for pune which can connect you from NH4 to nagar rd. You will have to drive thru pune city.

For pointers in pune city
Take Baner exit on nh4-university-yerawada-wagoli
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:56   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai - Aurangabad : What is the best route today?

Hopefully, this update should help anyone planning either Mumbai - Aurangabad or Shirdi - Aurangabad roadtrips in near future since I did Aurangabad - Shirdi - Aurangabad during last week and have couple of updates on the route conditions because I took both the routes; The good and the bad.

This update will specifically refer to only Shirdi - Aurangabad since Mumbai - Shirdi route updates have been quite up-to-date on this thread anyway.

There are 2 choices:
Kopargaon - Vaijapur - Gangapur- Dhoregaon - Aurangabad

Distance : 111 Kms

Route conditions -
Kopargaon - Vaijapur - Bad to very Bad
Vaijapur - Gangapur - Very Bad
Gangapur - Dhoregaon - Good
Dhoregaon - Waluj - Aurangabad - Good (4 lane).
Kopargaon - Shirdi - Babhaleshwar - Shrirampur - Newasa - Waluj - Aurangabad

Distance : 141 Kms

Route conditions -

Kopergaon - Shirdi - Babhaleshwar - Good 4 lane
Babhaleshwar - Shrirampur - Nehwasa - Good (2 lane)
Nehwasa Bypass end to Aurangabad - Good (4 lane)
Note : You can as well do Kopargaon - Shrirampur directly without touching Shirdi and deviating off at Babhaleshwar as that is also a good 2 lane.

From my recent history from Googlemaps:

Mumbai - Aurangabad : Route Queries-aurangabad-shirdi.jpg

Verdict : In all possibilities, avoid the Vaijapur road to reach Aurangabad.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote