Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 15th October 2008, 05:01   #1
Default Darjeeling, Siliguri, Kalimpong - Must see and must eat?

We guys are planning to cover Gopalpur at Sea , Puri, Bhubaneshwar, Konark, Kolkatta, Darjeeling, Silguri, Kalimpog, Kurseong during the christmas -Newyear week.

Thought of going by cars from Hyd, decided against it, considering the road conditions.

Need help on must see places in Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Siliguri. and any recommended budget hotels or mid range hotels
romyeo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 05:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I had gone there in 2007 December and 2008 March - Here are the links to the short travelogues that I had written.. these are not much informative but might be of some help to you -

and here is another link to the Kolkata-Hyderabad-Kolkata trip that we made in 2007 August which may help you to decide whether you want to do the journey by car or not -

Last edited by BlackPearl : 15th October 2008 at 05:10.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 22:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

hot dogs at keventer's. pastries and tea at glenary's and momos at kuenga (next to planter's club). all these are in darjeeling. kuenga momos are the best you can buy outside of tibet.
i have a small thread here on a funny experience on pankhabari road and a short video of a drive through very dense fog in the same thread.
if possible try to spend a night or two in a real tea garden. i can give you contact numbers. it will be a different experience.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote