Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 21st October 2008, 06:23   #1
BHPian

Arrow Shimoga to Guruvayoor : Distance, Roads, etc

Guys,

I am shortly going to make a trip from Shimoga (Karnataka) to Guruvayoor (Kerala). I am not too familiar with this (Shimoga) part of the state. I hope to get answers for these from you out there... so, please help!

a) What is the shortest (and the good) route that I could take and what is the driving distance?

b) I know that Mahe is on the way. Is it a good idea not to fill the full tank and wait till I hit Mahe? What is the price difference (petrol)? How much should I tank up to be enough to reach Mahe?

c) Is there a good break point along the way to overnight? I will be having elders on the tow and don't want to drive more than 7 hours in a stretch.

d) Is Fort Bekal easy to find? Is it easily accessible for senior citizens?

Thanks for your answers.

Kshastry
kshastry is offline   Reply With Quote