Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th November 2008, 09:28   #1
Default Plan for my Road Trip 2008 - Hyderabad to Madurai

Hello Everyone

I have been an active reader and member in this forum for the past 1 year. I have learnt a lot about automobiles during this time and I am very happy about it.

I own a Black Cedia Select which was bought an year ago and this is the first time I am taking it for such a long drive.

I have driven several long ones (16 hours at a stretch at the wheel being the longest one) in Tamilnadu, Europe and US.

For this year I am planning the trip during Christmas vacation (20th Dec to 3rd Jan)
High level itinerary is:
Day 1 - Hyderabad to Bangalore
Day 2 - Visit friends at Bangalore
Day 3 - Shopping at Bangalore ( for all conditions from my wife)

Day 4 - Bangalore to Mysore, visit Mysore palace and Brindhavan Gardens
Day 5 - Mysore to Madurai via Ooty & Coimbatore
Day 6 to Day 11 - Stay at Madurai, visit relatives, functions and the whole nine yards of visiting hometown
Day 12 - Madurai to Chennai
Day 13 & 14th - Friends & Family
Day 14 - Chennai to Hyderabad

Travel gurus, Request your help in planning the whole trip, but lets start with the first leg.
1. Hyderabad to Bangalore
a. Road Conditions
b. Best places to stop en-route for food and sight seeing (if any)
c. Decent place to stay in Bangalore (budget Rs 2000 per night)

Thanks in Advance for all your time and effort.
Car&me is offline   Reply With Quote