Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th October 2011, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Goa - Mysore without touching Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
hello. this is the correct road to mysore. roads are in excellent condition. do not worry. i did it last monday.
How is the road condition between Honnavar and Jog? Read that it is very bad.

Any idea about Mensi route?
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 22:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
hello. this is the correct road to mysore. roads are in excellent condition. do not worry. i did it last monday.
Glad to hear that the following route is in good condition:

Goa - Honavar (NH17) - Sagar (NH206) - Shimogha (NH206) - Bhadravati (NH206) - Arsikere (NH206) - Channarayapatna (Nr. Hasan, SH7) - Srirangapatna - Mysore

We (wife, daughter and myself) are planning to drive from Goa-Mysore on Oct 24 or 25 and we plan to take this above mentioned route.

Nutmello, would you suggest some decent place along this route where we can stop for meals and for the rest room? Much obliged.

OR, do you suggest the Goa-Honnawar-Hubli-Tumkur-NICE road-Mysore as a better option? The expressway may be longer but it could also be a much better road. What say?

We may also consider a Mysore-Mangalore route sometime on Oct 29 or 30 as our friends will be driving from Goa-Bhatkal-Mangalore around that time and we plan to meet up there.

So, which would be the best Mysore-Mangalore route at this point in time? Also, places to stop for meals/restroom along this route would also be welcome.

@gypsyfreak

Sorry for not checking your last PM. Will be in touch with you shortly.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 04:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
How is the road condition between Honnavar and Jog? Read that it is very bad.

Any idea about Mensi route?
Not very bad when i did it in Feb this year. Not sure now. At one place though they were quite bad.
Link to my travelogue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ll-2-days.html (Of Beaches, Waterfalls, Rivers, Forests - All in 2 days)

Not sure about Mensi road.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 07:56   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Best route to Mysore from Goa

Guys, how is present condition of NH206 route? Planning a drive from Mysore to Goa. Any other alternatives also welcome.
akshay380 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 08:03   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys, how is present condition of NH206 route? Planning a drive from Mysore to Goa. Any other alternatives also welcome.
If you are heading to south Goa then yes you can take the 206. Its good with some bad roads around ghats at Honnavar. If you are heading for north Goa, then:

Mysore-Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Neligere-Huliyar-Hiriyur-Hubli-Belgaum-Chorla-North Goa.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 20:39   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are heading to south Goa then yes you can take the 206. Its good with some bad roads around ghats at Honnavar. If you are heading for north Goa, then:

Mysore-Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Neligere-Huliyar-Hiriyur-Hubli-Belgaum-Chorla-North Goa.
Hello Amp, Would you know the existing road condition on the Srirangapatna- Channarayapattna stretch? I occasionally have to travel from Sakaleshpur to Mysore mostly during last evenings. I currently take the Sakaleshpur- Holenarsipur- KR Nagar-Mysore route and the problem with this route especially in the evenings is the heavy oncoming bus traffic with high-beams on which makes for a stressful-tiring drive.

Was exploring BING-Maps and saw the alternative Channarayapatna- Srirangapattina route. Distance wise almost seems the same so would like your valuable opinion if this is doable. Thanking you in advance.

Cheers.
Caadmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 00:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caadmara View Post
Hello Amp, Would you know the existing road condition on the Srirangapatna- Channarayapattna stretch? I occasionally have to travel from Sakaleshpur to Mysore mostly during last evenings. I currently take the Sakaleshpur- Holenarsipur- KR Nagar-Mysore route and the problem with this route especially in the evenings is the heavy oncoming bus traffic with high-beams on which makes for a stressful-tiring drive.

Was exploring BING-Maps and saw the alternative Channarayapatna- Srirangapattina route. Distance wise almost seems the same so would like your valuable opinion if this is doable. Thanking you in advance.
Its a fantastic road CR Patna - KR Pete-Pandavpura-Srirangapatna-Mysore). The only negative is the Pandavpura-Srirangapatna stretch. Its full of sugarcane traffic. Apart from that its a brilliant road. Absolutely no traffic.

Last edited by ampere : 15th February 2015 at 00:18.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote