Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th April 2010, 15:05   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I actually rather like the sambar offered at Bangalore restaurants more!
Maybe it is because they add more chilli powder and then add some sugar to neutralize it !!! (guessed so because of the orange colour)
It goes very well with idlis but for rice or dosa the TN sambar is better.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 18:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Maybe it is because they add more chilli powder and then add some sugar to neutralize it !!! (guessed so because of the orange colour)
It goes very well with idlis but for rice or dosa the TN sambar is better.
The orange color could be due to the Baadige chilli that they use - it has great color but is very low on the Scoville scale.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 18:55   #63
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It is Byadgi chillies, grown in Byadgi, Haveri district.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 15:21   #64
BHPian

Each time I did Chennai-Blore - we've left early (5:30 am to 6:00am) from Chennai but late (post b'fast) from B'lore (so we'll have someone to guide us to NH7 - the road was so confusing (much better now) - I once drove all the way to Whitefield before realizing I was on the wrong track and then had to endure NH4 all the way!).

One good thing that came out of this practice: breakfast at HSB Vellore while doing Chennai-B'lore and lunch at HSB while doing the reverse.

True - the quantity has gone down considerably in the near past and the cost has (dis)proportionately gone up as well - but I never found a problem with quality! Better safe than sorry!
ddis_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 16:04   #65
BHPian

I found a comparatively good hotel cum restaurant in Krishnagiri. Good for family too.
After you reach krishnagiri from vellore,u need to take a right under the fly over for Bangalore road. Just drive for a 1-2 Km. You can find in the left side. Its name start with "A..."
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Need a little help to reach M.G.Road in Bangalore;
Myself & Mother are travelling to Bangalore June 1st to attend a wedding on 2nd June. I'm planning to start by 4:00/5:00 PM from Chennai & reach M.G.Road by 10:00/11:00PM on June 1st. I'm confident on the route from Chennai upto Koramangala (???) bridge which comes after the electronics city bridge (the right side under the bridge goes towards Marathahalli).

From google maps, what I found is, I need to take this bridge & simply keep going straight until I hit Bishop cotton girls high school (via Langford Town - Richmond Town - Museum road) & then take a right to hit M.G.Road.

My question - Is this right? Or, are there better options for me? Is my timing good to go & any idea how will be the traffic when I hit the city? Will it be better than the peak hours?

Thanks for any pointers
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 20:00   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Need a little help to reach M.G.Road in Bangalore;
Myself & Mother are travelling to Bangalore June 1st to attend a wedding on 2nd June. I'm planning to start by 4:00/5:00 PM from Chennai & reach M.G.Road by 10:00/11:00PM on June 1st. I'm confident on the route from Chennai upto Koramangala (???) bridge which comes after the electronics city bridge (the right side under the bridge goes towards Marathahalli).
Thats the silk board junction.

Quote:
From google maps, what I found is, I need to take this bridge & simply keep going straight until I hit Bishop cotton girls high school (via Langford Town - Richmond Town - Museum road) & then take a right to hit M.G.Road.

My question - Is this right? Or, are there better options for me? Is my timing good to go & any idea how will be the traffic when I hit the city? Will it be better than the peak hours?

Thanks for any pointers
After silk board keep going straight across multiple signals that you would encouter. The cross roads you would see : Richmod Road and Residency Road.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 20:50   #68
BHPian

Coming back to the restaurants on this route -
A fortnight back, we were on our way to Chennai. Since we left after having breakfast at home, we had to stop by for lunch. We found " Arusuvai" restaurant just after Kanchipuram. Didnt map the exact distance. You cant' miss if when coming from Chennai - it comes to your left before a few KM's from Kanchipuram.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 07:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats the silk board junction.
Oh!!! no no, I'm talking about the bridge that comes right after Dakshin Honda. IIRC, the silk board bridge is next to this bridge, say probably 1 or 2 bridges before Nimhans. Am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
After silk board keep going straight across multiple signals that you would encouter. The cross roads you would see : Richmod Road and Residency Road.
Can you tell me approx Kms & time that would take for me to reach from this point to M.G.Road?

Thanks Ampere, I was expecting a reply from you as usual.

Edit - Oh!!! one more important thing - the traffic? should I be prepared for worst traffic or the peak hours will be over? I'm expecting to be there between 9:00 - 10:00 PM

Last edited by aargee : 31st May 2010 at 07:56.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:47   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh!!! no no, I'm talking about the bridge that comes right after Dakshin Honda. IIRC, the silk board bridge is next to this bridge, say probably 1 or 2 bridges before Nimhans. Am I right?

Can you tell me approx Kms & time that would take for me to reach from this point to M.G.Road?

Edit - Oh!!! one more important thing - the traffic? should I be prepared for worst traffic or the peak hours will be over? I'm expecting to be there between 9:00 - 10:00 PM
- The first flyover you expect from Electronic City is the Silk Board flyover.
- You need not go via Nimhans/Lal Bagh. Keep going straight on the NH7.
- After you get down from Sil Board flyover, there is an underpass work which has started. That may hamper the traffic. I have not gone there of late, hence no idea of the GOLD-diggings! Late in the evening, you should not see any major traffic hassle. But it should be heavy though.
- From silk board MG road should be about 5-6 Km.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Coming back to the restaurants on this route -
A fortnight back, we were on our way to Chennai. Since we left after having breakfast at home, we had to stop by for lunch. We found " Arusuvai" restaurant just after Kanchipuram. Didnt map the exact distance. You cant' miss if when coming from Chennai - it comes to your left before a few KM's from Kanchipuram.
This place is a couple of kms from Sunguvar Chatram. It comes on your left while coming from Chennai. There is a new one which has been opened between Kanchipuram & Sunguvar Chatram on the left hand side as you come from Kanchipuram, not remembering the name, I liked the food (did not go in as I was taking a nap) while wife did not like the food, so not sure if I should recommend.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 15:07   #72
BHPian

Quote:

AS Ampere mentioned, Underpass work has started in madiwala junction,so you will forced to take the right immediately after silk board flyover (Before the TOTAL MALL ) .

Drive through the madiwala market road and in the first signal take left which will join you in sarjapur road .

MG Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka to Hosur Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka - Google Maps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hosurmgroad.pdf (198.5 KB, 217 views)
Seagull76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 15:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

@Ampere & @Seagull - Thanks Guys; I'll make my way; as they say in Thamizh, the child that speaks well will make his life well; I'll ask for directions if I get struck.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:06   #74
BHPian

There is one named "Sakthi ganapathi" veg restaurant near kanchipuram when headed towards Bangy.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Apologies if this is posted in this thread, but I feel to share. There's a new CCD that's opened in Sriperumbudur. This is located on the left side when travelling from Chennai towards Sriperumbudur, say about 2-3 Kms before the Rajiv Gandhi memorial.

Also I noticed quite a few stretches of black tarmac without the white paint (lane not being marked) after Pallikonda towards Krishnagiri. The speciality of this being that the tire noise is very less. Anyone observed this?