Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th December 2008, 11:51   #1
BHPian

Default Bhopal to Rajasthan

Hi! everybody.

I am embarking on a road trip to Rajasthan from Bhopal. Finalised the following program. Need your help in fine tuning it ... My car is a Honda City (idsi engine). I'll self drive and the passangers will be wife and kid.

Day1 24th Dec. Bhopal to Kota (Distance 350kms)Night stay at relatives house

Day2 25th Dec Kota to Udaipur (disatnce 310 Kms via Bundi
Chittorgarh) Reach Udaipur in afternoon after visiting chittor fort.
The route advised : Kota (Jaipur Road)- Bundi (From Bundi take left road for Chittor)- Bijolia- Ladpura- Kathundamore- Chittor- Udaipur.

Query : Is the east west corridor from Kota to Bijolia operational. If yes then i wont have to go via Bundi. Any updates on this ??

Day3 26th Dec. Udaipur
Day4 27th Dec. Udaipur-Kumbhalgarh-Ranakpur-Udaipur
Day5 28th Dec. Udaipur

Day6 29th Dec. Udaipur to Mt.Abu (Distance 161 Kms )
Query : Any update on road condition..??
Query : Whats opening time for Dilwara temples? I heared that its 12 noon..??
Query: Hotel recommendation around 1000 Rs in Abu (car park reqd)

Day7 30th Dec. Mount Abu
Proceed to Jodhpur by 2 in afternoon. Distance 265 kms via Sirohi-Pali. Reach there by 8 in evening.

Day8 31st Dec. Jodhpur to Jaisalmer distance 280 kms via Balesar-Dechoo-Pokaran. Check into RTDC camps at SAM.
Query : Should i go for a sunset safari at SAM or should i go to Khuri or some other place and come back to SAM by 8 in the evening..??

Day9 1st Jan Shift to RTDC Moomal Jaisalmer
Day10 2nd Jan Jaisalmer

Day11 3rd Jan Jaisalmer to Bundi via Jodhpur
Distance 600 kms Route advised : Jaisalmer- Jodhpur- Bar- Bewar- Nashirabad- Devli- Bundi.
(Don't want to stay in relatives house on return so decided for Bundi as pitstop)
Query : Update on road condition from Jodhpur to Bundi ?
Query : Planning to book RTDC Vrindavati at Bundi..??

Day12 4th Jan. Bundi to Bhopal distance 400 kms via Kota

Any must sees, must not see, dos and donts,...restaurants, shopping recommendations, road conditions etc..greatly appreciated..
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 16:50   #2
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Hi! everybody.

I am embarking on a road trip to Rajasthan from Bhopal. Finalised the following program. Need your help in fine tuning it ... My car is a Honda City (idsi engine). I'll self drive and the passangers will be wife and kid.

----

Any must sees, must not see, dos and donts,...restaurants, shopping recommendations, road conditions etc..greatly appreciated..
Udaipur - Mt Abu the road is pretty good. I went around in a taxi! and it was pretty nice.
As per hotel accomodation, there are a few things strange about Mt Abu and that is the checkout time is 8AM!!! Also guess you need to up your budget to 1500 - 2000 (Had been there last December around the same time.

Also guess you should consider Mt. Abu - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur. You will save quite a bit of road distance that way
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 18:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:

Query : Is the east west corridor from Kota to Bijolia operational. If yes then i wont have to go via Bundi. Any updates on this ??

Kota-Bijolia is possible via Rawatbhata but road condition is really bad.

Good.

Samrat International / Maharaja / Seth Raghunath (Near Petrol Pump)

Excellent

Better lodge in Menaal Residency Kota

Welcome to Rajasthan!

Cheers,
Deepak
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 20:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Jodhpur - Should go to ' ON THE ROCKS ' one day for Dinner. A very happening restaurant and good ambience.

Udaipur - Do go to ' Baghore Ki Haveli ' - It's a daily one hour evening show near Laal Ghat. You should not miss this. Entry - 50Rs per person. Tickets can be purchased from anywhere.

ALso while in Udaipur do go o the Vintage Car Collection place - Buy the ticket for 150 Rs. and that will include Lunch as well. One of the best Thali's I have ever had.

If you have time go to the Monsoon Palace located on top of a hill, around 5 kms from Udaipur. Simply breathtaking views of Udaipur from here.

Here is my travelogue - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ravelogue.html (Holi Day & A Road Trip - Jodhpur & Udaipur - A pictorial travelogue.)
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 09:00   #5
BHPian

Vkochar

Thanks for your tips...
I have already gone through your travelogue...

deepgautam...

I have been to Rawatbhata a year before and the road was really bad.
So that means i'll have to take the Bundi route and hit the east-west corridor at Bijolia.
So the Jodhpur to Bundi route i have chosen is good...

@ri

Check out at 8 am.....thats a first. I hope they understand the meaning of the word "Holiday". If i have to increase the budget then how is RTDC Shikahr. Its 1500 with Breakfast and Dinner. I guess not bad..??
How far is RTDC Shikahr from the lake...??...walkable....??
Old 10th December 2008, 09:55   #6
BHPian

@Columbus: I am sure you are talking about this route -

Jodhpur - Jaitaran - Beawar - Kekri - Deoli - Bundi

This is the shortest possible (good roads) route.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:30   #7
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Vkochar

Check out at 8 am.....thats a first. I hope they understand the meaning of the word "Holiday". If i have to increase the budget then how is RTDC Shikahr. Its 1500 with Breakfast and Dinner. I guess not bad..??
How far is RTDC Shikahr from the lake...??...walkable....??
Exactly I was shocked as ever. Have never seen anywhere in India where it is 8 AM. So better plan in that way . RTDC Shikhar the checkout time might be different no idea on that. As for the distance guess it might not be walkable. What I remember is that the lake front is pretty big and there will be a some amount of a distance where you might have to walk up and down the terran which makes it non - walkable for some.
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 11:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Columbus,

The following links are my travalogues here on trips to Rajastan:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-ranakpur.html (Weekend Trip To Udaipur & Ranakpur)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...trip-logs.html (Ahmedabad-jaisalmer-ahmedabad- Trip Logs)

Attaching herewith the excel with more details, you may find them useful.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
======
Attached Files
File Type: xls TRIP LOG JAISALMER.xls (31.5 KB, 336 views)
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 11:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi! everybody.

Day2 25th Dec Kota to Udaipur (disatnce 310 Kms via Bundi
Chittorgarh) Reach Udaipur in afternoon after visiting chittor fort.
The route advised : Kota (Jaipur Road)- Bundi (From Bundi take left road for Chittor)- Bijolia- Ladpura- Kathundamore- Chittor- Udaipur.

Day3 26th Dec. Udaipur
Day5 28th Dec. Udaipur

Query : Any update on road condition..?? GOOD ROAD'S
Query: Hotel recommendation around 1000 Rs in Abu (car park reqd) - LOT OF THEM JUST SEE ON THE BOTH SIDE OF THE ROAD

Day7 30th Dec. Mount Abu
Proceed to Jodhpur by 2 in afternoon. Distance 265 kms via Sirohi-Pali. Reach there by 8 in evening.

Day8 31st Dec. Jodhpur to Jaisalmer distance 280 kms via Balesar-Dechoo-Pokaran. Check into RTDC camps at SAM.
Query : Should i go for a sunset safari at SAM or should i go to Khuri or some other place and come back to SAM by 8 in the evening..??

Day10 2nd Jan Jaisalmer

Distance 600 kms Route advised : Jaisalmer- Jodhpur- Bar- Bewar- Nashirabad- Devli- Bundi.
(Don't want to stay in relatives house on return so decided for Bundi as pitstop)

I have replied to your two Query in bold, Please check.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 11:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Some answers in BOLD.

Quote:
Hi! everybody.

I am embarking on a road trip to Rajasthan from Bhopal. ...................

Day2 25th Dec Kota to Udaipur (disatnce 310 Kms via Bundi Chittorgarh) Reach Udaipur in afternoon after visiting chittor fort.

I recced this route recently for a possible Rajastan ride from Bhopal. The Bundi route is the only decent route as reported to by a colleague based at Bhilwawa.

Day3 26th Dec. Udaipur

This is a tough call, if you see my recent Udaipur travalogue, Ranakpur deserves a whole day if you want to see it in full, if you add the Kumb.fort, you'd have to compromise somewhere.

Day5 28th Dec. Udaipur

Very good roads, now being 4 tracked, in some sections switch backs, no to worry on this sectioh.

Book in advance, you'd get lots of options. Will have to dig and let you know later, if you don't get options, then PM me here, will give contact details.

Day7 30th Dec. Mount Abu

Strongly suggest, skip SAM go to Khuri, much less spoilt. Go thro. some private operator, if possible, should cost between 1000- to 1500 per person, inclusive of all per day.

Day10 2nd Jan Jaisalmer

Route is fine. Bundi is reported to be great, wanted to go, did some recce. on this route.

Old 10th December 2008, 14:31   #11
BHPian

deepgautam..

yes i am taking this route only. thanks...

rjvora..

thanks for your inputs...

ramkya..

Thanks for your detailed suggestions and links to your rajasthan trips.
How is this route to Chittorgarh
Bhopal - Ujjain - Ratlam - mandsaur - Chittor ??
I know that Mandsaur-Chittor area is not safe at night. But what about daytime and any info on road condition..???
Old 10th December 2008, 15:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Answers in Bold, please let me know if there's anything you want to know

Quote:
deepgautam..

ramkya..

Thanks for your detailed suggestions and links to your rajasthan trips.
How is this route to Chittorgarh
Bhopal - Ujjain - Ratlam - mandsaur - Chittor ??

I drove on this route from Bhopal to Ujjain in October, mostly toll roads, very heavy truck traffif and lots of traffic up to Ratlam. Talked to a cab driver on the car park @ Hotel Gopal Midway near the turn off to the Temple where we took lunch, he said oK till Ratlam. Day time up to Chittor should be OK, no adverse reports as I know of it. Please dont drive at night from Chittor up to Bhopal on this route.

I know that Mandsaur-Chittor area is not safe at night. But what about daytime and any info on road condition..???

Last edited by ramkya1 : 10th December 2008 at 15:25.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
deepgautam..

yes i am taking this route only. thanks...
unless you want to taste Nasirabad's KACHORA (male KACHORI ), take Beawar-Kekri-Deoli.

Cheers!!!
Old 10th December 2008, 17:17   #14
BHPian

OH just checked my route map. You are very correct Nasirabad is offtrack. Will take Beawar-Kekri-Deoli. Not a big fan of KACHORI / KACHORAS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
unless you want to taste Nasirabad's KACHORA (male KACHORI ), take Beawar-Kekri-Deoli.

Cheers!!!
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:25   #15

Thumbs up Route Bhopal - Udaipur - Kumbhalgarh

Hi Friends

Recently traveled from Bhopal to Udaipur and further to Kumbhalgarh. Route taken- Bhopal - Indore- Pithampur- ratlam - Mandsaur - Neemuch -Nimbahera and left turn to Udaipur as the road Nimbahera - Chittorgarh is under construction. Further took the route Udaiput - Nathdwara - Kumbhalgarh (Not advisable). Return route was Kumbhalgarh- Sayra - Gugunda - Udaipur (Excellent route with only 45 Km one way travel). Also from Udaipur, took the route Udaipur-Neemuch-Mandsaur-Left turn to Ujjain on Jawra ujjain toll road - Dewas - Bhopal. Return route was much better and short by 50 KM.

just to share the route for experiences.
ravikrai is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote