Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 7th December 2008, 11:27   #1
BHPian

Default Pune-NH4-Davanagere Route updated:7/12/08

This is the third time i am doing Pune-Davanagere
1st time: Hyundai i10:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-updated.html (Pune to Kemmannugundi via Davanagere - UPDATED)
2nd time: Maruti zen:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-pune-run.html (8 years, 1.55lakh km, and a 1650km Delhi-Pune run)

I did the same route yesterday on a different hatch.
12:45pm: Started from Home, near NIBM. Picked up cash / snacks
1:15pm: Hit the highway at highway - proceeded to the new bypass
Covered 77 in first hour, 87 in second and 90 in third. Was keeping 105-110 on the speedo all the time.

It was a very smooth sailing all the time was to Haveri : around 520km from NIBM,Pune. As you take the bypass, the first bad stretch hits you. But it was been repaired a bit. Similarly, after a few km, the second spot comes, but this too had been done a bit. The first railway crossing is a breeze as compared to the earlier nightmare. The second crossing though is bad. I averaged 60km/h from Haveri to Davanagere - around 75km. This included diversions / railway crossings / one small city to pass. This wasnt possible earlier.

CONCLUSION: As compared to my earlier stints, the stretch between Haveri and Davanagere has improved. Infact, road work is going on , on the outskirts of Davanagere on the highway.
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:04   #2
BHPian

UPDATED:
Started back for Pune from Davanagere yesterday night at 12am (8/9th december night).
I always love night driving as the road is devoid of cars and bikes. It took me an hour to hit Haveri, 70odd km away. Traffic was sparse and from there on, i kept around 110km/h on the clock, reaching Home (NIBM, Pune) at 6:50am.
585km in 6hours 50min - two stops for nature calls! The car returned 19kmpl when i tanked it up in Davanagere. Road work is going on around Davanagere and hopefully within a few months, doing Pune-Bangalore (830km) will be possible in less than 10 driving hours.

PS: Mcdonalds has opened up an outlet in Kolhapur - good for a bite on the drive
Old 8th December 2008, 12:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

What car did you use this time?
I did the same stretch last week, my travelogue is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tures-fun.html (Blr-Pune-Mahabaleshwar-Ganapatipule-Blr (6days, 5 nights, loads of pictures and fun))

Cheers,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 12:25   #4
BHPian

This time i was in a Fabia
Old 8th December 2008, 14:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bunny for a update on this road. I will be driving to Blore on 21 Dec from Goa and I always dread the Haveri Chitradurga patch. good to see work being done as for a long time there was absolutely NO progress. Cheers.
GD
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote