Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 14:13   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Somehow we reached Madikeri town at 2:00PM and went straight to KSRTC bus stand where Zayed was there waiting for me. As my plan was changed he helped me in getting another home stay which turned out to be very good and comfortable. Thanks Zayed for that. Though I thought to vist Zayed home stay but in the end was not able to do so due to my changes.


Snaps in next post
Hey Anand bhai its ok. I asked my guests to vacate my place which they did by lunch time but then got your call that you were cutting short your trip. Sorry i could't attend your call the next day when you called. My phone was not with me.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:36   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,636
Thanked: 414 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Hi, 2250 litres of DSP? or 2.25 litres?
He He He, I thought nobody noticed it ! One dot is missing as you pointed out. 2.250 ltrs. I am not posting pictures to avoid 7 point infractions cheers:
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:20   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

I am planning to go to Somvarpet this weekend. Can anybody let me know the best route to get there from Bangalore? I have decided on 2 routes.

1. Bangalore-Magadi-Kunigal-Channarayapatna-Hole Narsipur-Arkalgud-Shanivarsante-Somwarpet
2. Bangalore-Srirangapatna-Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Somwarpet

If there is any alternative route, please specify that also.

Which of these is the better route? If I take route 2, i'll have beautiful roads till Kushalnagar. Please update on the distance between Kushalnagar-Somwarpet and the road conditions also.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 11:53   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,333
Thanked: 436 Times
Default

After going thru this and other related threads confused on few issues.
depart bangy early mysore road, mysore ORR, Hunsur, After Hunsur should I follow Kushalnagar, siddapura, madikeri OR
Gonikoppal, ammathi town, siddapura, madikeri OR
gonikoppal, virajpet, murnad, madikeri?
This is due to the fact that Kushalnagar to Madikeri is BAD. thus the diversions/alternate route querries.
TIA
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 11:56   #35
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

I would suggest go via Kushalnagar and return via Gonikoppal.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 18:08   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

This is my opinion only, but if you really want to experience Coorg, forget Orange County. I'm not saying that it is bad (except for the frightfully expensive prices), but it is quite a distance from Madikeri, where you have all the sight-seeing spots.
I suggest also to visit Bylakuppa Namgyul monastery on the way. Beautiful Buddhist temple. If you want to try Tibetan food, there are good places also (great momos and thupkas).
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 20:40   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
After going thru this and other related threads confused on few issues.
depart bangy early mysore road, mysore ORR, Hunsur, After Hunsur should I follow Kushalnagar, siddapura, madikeri OR
Gonikoppal, ammathi town, siddapura, madikeri OR
gonikoppal, virajpet, murnad, madikeri?
This is due to the fact that Kushalnagar to Madikeri is BAD. thus the diversions/alternate route querries.
TIA
You could try kushalnagar - chethalli - madikeri. The road is narrow but is in good shape and is a very scenic drive. It is just about 6-7kms longer than the kushalnagar- madikeri route.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 12:52   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 553
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
You could try kushalnagar - chethalli - madikeri. The road is narrow but is in good shape and is a very scenic drive. It is just about 6-7kms longer than the kushalnagar- madikeri route.
Hi. Any landmarks/signs for taking this route? I am leaving for Coorg this thursday and your input will be great
prabhuferrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 14:58   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 553
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Google maps gave me these routes. Any suggestions on how they are? My priorities are 1. Good roads 2. Scenic.

from:malleswaram to:SH 90 to:12.188361,75.9375 to:SH 88B to:madikeri coorg - Google Maps

Option 2.

As suggested by princezahed on the Chettali route

from:malleswaram to:12.3561,76.061096 to:SH 91 to:madikeri coorg - Google Maps
prabhuferrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 21:40   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Hi. Any landmarks/signs for taking this route? I am leaving for Coorg this thursday and your input will be great
Once you reach kushalnagar, proceed towards Dubare elephant camp. From there instead of returning back to kushalnagar, take the road that goes further and go straight. Ask anyone the route to chethalli and from there madikeri is just one straight road. The road is good but narrow and actually is about 12kms shorter.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 11:59   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 56
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Hi members,

Any updates on the route to be followed and the latest road conditions? I'll be driving to Coorg from B'lore airport this Friday.
deoelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 17:42   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 354 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Hi members,

Any updates on the route to be followed and the latest road conditions? I'll be driving to Coorg from B'lore airport this Friday.
Depends on which part of Coorg you are travelling to. Are you going to Madikeri or some place else?
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:12   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 56
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Depends on which part of Coorg you are travelling to. Are you going to Madikeri or some place else?
Yes I'm looking for directions to Madikeri. The Mahindra resort to be specific.
deoelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:21   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,475
Thanked: 8,366 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Yes I'm looking for directions to Madikeri. The Mahindra resort to be specific.
If you are starting from north Bangalore, then: Nelamangala-Kunigal-CR Patna-Holenarasipur-Arkalgud-Somwarpet-Madikeri.

If you start from south Bangalore the conventional Mysore/Hunsur road. Just plan the timing to beat the traffic if on a (long) weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Thanks Ampere! I'm starting from B'lore airport. Have booked a zoomcar for the drive to Coorg. Which route should be considered out of the two? Sorry but I'm new to B'lore and not sure whether the airport is to the north or south

Thats north Bangalore. In fact in that case you do: Devanahalli-Doddaballpur-Nelamangala-Kunigal-CR Patna-Holenarasipur-Arkalgud-Somwarpet-Madikeri
You dont even need to get into Bangalore city! Here is the link:

Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 2nd September 2014 at 09:42.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:35   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 56
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are starting from north Bangalore, then: Nelamangala-Kunigal-CR Patna-Holenarasipur-Arkalgud-Somwarpet-Madikeri.

If you start from south Bangalore the conventional Mysore/Hunsur road. Just plan the timing to beat the traffic if on a (long) weekend.
Thanks Ampere! I'm starting from B'lore airport. Have booked a zoomcar for the drive to Coorg. Which route should be considered out of the two? Sorry but I'm new to B'lore and not sure whether the airport is to the north or south
deoelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2794 16th October 2017 18:25
Mumbai to Coorg : Route Queries drustogi Route / Travel Queries 100 12th October 2017 19:54
Cochin to Coorg (Kodagu) : Route Queries sudheermenon Route / Travel Queries 12 30th April 2017 10:45
Pune to Coorg (My Eden); Coorg to Pune in a Gypsy - Travelogue Twinn Travelogues 18 28th June 2016 21:01
Mumbai - Hassan - Coorg : Route Queries magiceye Route / Travel Queries 30 18th April 2016 14:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks