Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th November 2015, 17:18   #91
BANNED

Default re: Bangalore - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I personally have not stayed at Astoria. But have heard good things about this place. And it also reflects in hotels ratings on Tripadvisor. I hope you have a pleasant stay and drive.
Thanks again Ampere, I had gone through the reviews and rating on Tripadvisor before closing on the place. Now the only nagging part is the parking which I hope wont be much of a trouble.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 17:21   #92
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Bangalore - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks again Ampere, I had gone through the reviews and rating on Tripadvisor before closing on the place. Now the only nagging part is the parking which I hope wont be much of a trouble.
Typically with respect to Madurai, my perception has been that the good hotels are a bit away from the center of the city and hence may have more space. But its not that big a city where one cant take cab/auto to reach a place very fast.

Add to it as Ravi says, the new re-vamped New College House restaurant!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 14:59   #93
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Madurai - Kanyakumari - Rameshwaram : Route Queries

Hello Folks,

Just planning for a drive from Bangalore to Rameshwaram in coming days. I was wondering about the road conditions after the horrendous rains on the east cost in TN.
Any ideas and updates on the same. Is the road from Rameshwaram to Dhanushkoti ready now ?
adi_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 15:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Hello Folks,

Just planning for a drive from Bangalore to Rameshwaram in coming days. I was wondering about the road conditions after the horrendous rains on the east cost in TN.
Any ideas and updates on the same. Is the road from Rameshwaram to Dhanushkoti ready now ?
Mate, Even I will be travelling to Kanyakumari and Rameswaram in the last week of December. In your case, stick to NH7 and then take the Madurai-Rameswaram road.
We do not have a complete road from Rameswaram to Dhanushkodi. Only upto certain point you can take your vehicle after which you have to rely on 4X4 jeeps only.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 15:27   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
In your case, stick to NH7 and then take the Madurai-Rameswaram road.
What is the condition of Madurai-Rameshwaram road. Last heard that it was being four laned ? Any updates
adi_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 17:23   #96
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
What is the condition of Madurai-Rameshwaram road. Last heard that it was being four laned ? Any updates
Hadn't heard of the 4 laning work but last I heard it was quite good, no bad sections really.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote