Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th May 2016, 17:02   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad - Aurangabad - Best route? Road conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Hi,

Planning to go to Aurangabad by car during Dasara vacation, anybody traveled recently to comment on the road condition?

Thanks.
Nitin
I think the Hyderabad - Nizamabad - Nanded - Jalna route should be good. Experts' advice needed, I need to go to Jalna this month.
unoczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2016, 11:07   #17
BHPian

Hello friends,

Recently did Hyderabad - Jalna for a wedding I had to attend. Followed advice of Ranjit bhai and took the NH44 till Nirmal and took left towards Nanded. (I actually missed the left towards Nizamabad - Basar)

Roads are suberb on the NH44. They are decent till Bhainsa also. Nanded onwards they are a combination of good and bad, but you can still maintain speeds of 80+.

While coming back I took the Basar - Nizamabad route and was stopped on the way by the cops just outside Nizamabad. I small argument later I was on my way home. Pretty straightforward journey but takes around 10-11 hours with stoppages because of the road conditions.

Also learned in Jalna that Aurangabad - Beed - Solapur 4 laning is in progress. So, anybody going to Aurangabad area after about 6 months or so can take the newly laid roads of Hyderabad - Solapur - Beed - Aurangabad. I'm certainly looking forward to that drive.

Regards
Khaled
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 11:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post

Also learned in Jalna that Aurangabad - Beed - Solapur 4 laning is in progress. So, anybody going to Aurangabad area after about 6 months or so can take the newly laid roads of Hyderabad - Solapur - Beed - Aurangabad. I'm certainly
How slow or fast is that 4 laning progressing.Any updates
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 18:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
How slow or fast is that 4 laning progressing.Any updates
It is certainly underway. According to a BHPian Hyderabad-Solapur section is going at a very fast pace and should be done in about 6 months from now. There already are stretches where you can hit a 100-120kmph but then there are diversions as many sections are incomplete.

According to local sources in Jalna, the Aurangabad-Solapur section has also started but no concrete information on its progress. The guy I spoke to said that this should be completed by early 2017.
unoczar is offline   Reply With Quote