Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2014, 15:08   #1501
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 1,685 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Any good accommodation at Dhule or Jalgaon? It has to have clean toilets and hot water in the morning. Intended use is a night halt en route Mumbai - Shegaon.
Dhule-hardly anything,Hotel Krishnai and Residency Park are your options-just bare minimum.

Jalgaon:Plaza,Royal Plaza are just two of the bearable options.Dont expect too much

If you want better hotels,choose the route via Aurangabad-Jalna-Mehkar.You can either stay in Aurangabad or at Galaxy at Jalna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Can someone suggest a budget accommodation in Bangalore. I am looking for a place near Shanti Nagar Bus Depot. I (with wife and kid) will be arriving in Bangalore on 30th midnight and need to board bus from Shanti Nagar Bus Depot. So preferring some place near Shanti Nagar. Any suggestions.
You could check out Mayflower at Wilson Garden.Strictly budget.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 07:19   #1502
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, AU
Posts: 833
Thanked: 563 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You could check out Mayflower at Wilson Garden.Strictly budget.
Thanks for the suggestion. Have you stayed in this Hotel? Checked the website, looks like a decent hotel.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 07:45   #1503
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 1,685 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Have you stayed in this Hotel? Checked the website, looks like a decent hotel.
No I have not stayed in it.somebody I know stayed there and they said its just about ok,a pure budget place with no great service.room was good.this was 6mnths back. The other option and somewhat near to shanti nagar bus stand is Park slope Hotel near the lalbagh gate,near ashoka pillar,2nd block jayanagar.it is any day a better option than mayflower

www.theparkslope.com

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 15th January 2014 at 07:46.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 16:41   #1504
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli/Gurgao
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 1,120 Times
Default

Any decent hotel at Aurangabad? I may need it as a stop en route Shegaon. Should be clean and family friendly.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 18:12   #1505
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 1,685 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Any decent hotel at Aurangabad? I may need it as a stop en route Shegaon. Should be clean and family friendly.
If in the 1500 range,then this http://www.hoteljankiexecutive.com/tariff.html

If in the 2k+ range then this http://www.vitshotelaurangabad.com/l...mmodations.htm

Else there is the Taj,Lemon Tree
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:32   #1506
BHPian
 
Musaafir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 77
Thanked: 31 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

I have stayed in Lemon Tree, Aurangabad. Very good hotel, has swimming pool, game room, nice restaurant, some open area near the pool. They also have big lawns in the front but are generally used for wedding receptions, etc. It's a very good stay option for a family in Aurangabad.
Musaafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:43   #1507
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,067
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If in the 1500 range,then this http://www.hoteljankiexecutive.com/tariff.html
I have stayed in Janaki executive on couple of occasions and found it to be decent.They have a roof top restaurant and the food is good too.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 10:37   #1508
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Guys,

Need advice on the accomodation and the places to visit at Panchgani. Kindly help.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 11:15   #1509
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 493
Thanked: 302 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Guys,

Need advice on the accomodation and the places to visit at Panchgani. Kindly help.
I have been to Panchgani several times in the past, but unfortunately, i don't remember the names of the places i have stayed. There are quite a few options, ranging from budget to luxury over there.

As to what places to visit - May i suggest you take a local taxi and they cover all those points/places of interest between Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar. I have done this a couple times with my family and it worked best for me.

One thing that i would recommend is to visit Pratapgad. The fort is super and the local food like Bhakri/Pitla with Kanda Bajji and curds is outstanding.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 19:20   #1510
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 1,685 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Guys,

Need advice on the accomodation and the places to visit at Panchgani. Kindly help.
This is the best in Panchgani (again best is relative to the place).The summers can be quite unforgiving there and at Mahabaleshwar.

www.ravinehotel.com
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 08:53   #1511
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,787
Thanked: 505 Times
Default

Can anyone please recommend a decent accommodation preferably resort type in Munnar and Thekkady? Not anything very expensive and crowded.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 08:58   #1512
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,345 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can anyone please recommend a decent accommodation preferably resort type in Munnar and Thekkady? Not anything very expensive and crowded.
The best place in Thekkady is KTDC - if yu are on budget, KTDC Periyar HOuse, if feeling more liberal, KTDC Aranya Nivas. These are the only 2 resorts inside the sanctuary, next to the boat jetty. Your seats on the boat cruise are also assured, no need to wait in log Qs to bu tickets. Do not expect any great service, but the location makes up for it.

Very popular, book in advance, especially during this season, it is always full.

In MUnnar, I think Club Mahindra & Sterling are the best locations, 13 kms away from MUnnar town on the road coming from Madurai/ Thekkady. This apart, there are plenty of other resorts to suit every budget in & around MUnnar. IN Munnar town, I would recommend the Green Ridge Resort.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 11:15   #1513
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
This is the best in Panchgani (again best is relative to the place).The summers can be quite unforgiving there and at Mahabaleshwar.

www.ravinehotel.com

I am planning to visit in the second week of March. Any idea on how the weather'll be ? Also, can you suggest the places worth visiting in Panchgani.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 11:41   #1514
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 1,685 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I am planning to visit in the second week of March. Any idea on how the weather'll be ? Also, can you suggest the places worth visiting in Panchgani.
By March,the summers would have set in.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 12:37   #1515
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,787
Thanked: 505 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The best place in Thekkady is KTDC - if yu are on budget, KTDC Periyar HOuse, if feeling more liberal, KTDC Aranya Nivas. These are the only 2 resorts inside the sanctuary, next to the boat jetty. Your seats on the boat cruise are also assured, no need to wait in log Qs to bu tickets. Do not expect any great service, but the location makes up for it.

Very popular, book in advance, especially during this season, it is always full.

In MUnnar, I think Club Mahindra & Sterling are the best locations, 13 kms away from MUnnar town on the road coming from Madurai/ Thekkady. This apart, there are plenty of other resorts to suit every budget in & around MUnnar. IN Munnar town, I would recommend the Green Ridge Resort.
Thank you for suggesting KTDC. I checked Periyar House online and the rooms are available for March third week.

In fact, this is for a friend from Chennai, who is on his honeymoon trip. He is on a tight budget and was looking for something cheap, peaceful and best.
Sterling and Mahindra are bit expensive for him.

We are now checking Igloo and Aruvi resorts for Munnar. Any other options in similar budget? Also, how much would it cost for a house boat room during March?
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore-Wayanad: Route & Accommodation sarmarishi Route / Travel Queries 398 10th August 2017 12:57
Accommodation in Mumbai & Pune BenjiRoss Route / Travel Queries 41 4th January 2017 15:31
Accommodation in Delhi: Auto Expo (Pragati Maidan) & Elsewhere GTO Route / Travel Queries 28 27th April 2014 15:39
Itinerary and accommodation - Himachal - Lahul & Spitti, Sach Pass and Dalhousie sj_koova Route / Travel Queries 0 3rd August 2011 12:42
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks