Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd September 2015, 09:55   #1771
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Can someone suggest a good place to stay at Tiruvannamalai for 3-4 days.
I've heard Sparsa is very good, not sure about tariffs and haven't stayed there myself.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 14:51   #1772
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Feedback on couple of hotels in Navi Mumbai...
Majestic court Sarovar Portico, Mahape - excellent, corporate rates are very low as compared to their regular tariffs. Restaurant is good and complimentary buffet breakfast spread was excellent.
Mango, Reliable Tech Park Airoli - if your workplace is in the same building you can consider but more than couple days will be difficult. Even cable TV doesn't work due to non payment! My colleagues stayed here and weren't happy. Food is decent though, tried the lunch buffet once.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 15:09   #1773
BHPian

Default A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Recently visited Narsobachi Wadi in Tal Shirol, Dist: Kolhapur Maharashtra.

Stayed over at Hotel Gurudatta. Best VFM. 1800 for a room of 4 beds with AC. They also have rooms that can accommodate 10 people available for mere 3 grands.

Restaurant in the hotel has awesome vegetarian food for a very reasonable price.

5 min walk to the main temple. If you have family worshiping Datta Guru, a must see place for its significance among Datta devotees.

PS: Rates could be higher during peak season.

Last edited by TMRT : 27th September 2015 at 15:14.
TMRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 13:59   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good houseboat at Alappuzha - family friendly? Required only for a day tour
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 17:40   #1775
Awaiting Email Confirmation

The details of our stay during our UP/UK trip.

J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2015, 19:47   #1776
BHPian

Travel gurus,

I have a trip to Mumbai with my family in January, our relatives stay near the Suleman Mithaiwala (masjid Bunder, on IM Merchant rd.) I am looking for a decently priced Hotel apartments near that are. We would preferably need 3 rooms.

Since we are in Mumbai, we would also be making a trip to Lonavala. But that would require a home stay or serviced apartments with 2 bedrooms.

If any of the Mumbai, lonavala experts can help us with the information and contacts, it would be great.
jas_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 02:29   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Try www.oyorooms.com We have switched to using them for all official trips and find that they offer the best balance between correct price and clean standardised service across the board.

For best deals it pays to call their call centre at night and preferably towards month end, end of fortnight etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
I have a trip to Mumbai with my family in January, ....
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 13:30   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
+1 for that.

A few days ago I booked an OYO room and found it very affordable and clean. Besides the ease of booking (I booked online) you also have the option of paying in advance or at the hotel.

Along with the confirmation email with all the details (including 'how to get there' and a google map link), on the day of arrival, I also got a SMS with essentially the same info. All I had to do was click the link and it popped up my google maps with the route set from my current location to the hotel. Very useful if you are driving.

Overall I found their service good and professional. Definitely worth trying out.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 22:43   #1779
BHPian

Team, I am presently working in Chennai, but in the next couple if months I will be posted to Bangalore office. Office is located on Primrose Road, off MG Road.
Heard that deposit rates are very high there ( 10 times rent). Since my family will be staying back in Chennai ( rented accommodation), I am looking for reasonable rents.
I would prefer accommodation within walking distance of office or at such a location where I can commute by metro ( last mile connectivity by walk preferred).
My colleagues have agreed to pool in and share a flat. Would this be a good idea or should I look for PG?
Can you share your thoughts as well as point out some localities which match my requirements?
rajivr1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 08:24   #1780
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, I am presently working in Chennai, but in the next couple if months I will be posted to Bangalore office. Office is located on Primrose Road, off MG Road.
I would prefer accommodation within walking distance of office or at such a location where I can commute by metro ( last mile connectivity by walk preferred).
Some residential areas close to Primrose would be Ulsoor or near St.Johns Road otherwise around Primrose Road its mostly the CBD commercial areas. In Ulsoor unless you go inside towards Cambridge layout, it may be difficult to find good apartments. St. Johns Road and surroundings, rents may be high.
I think another option is to look for something beyond Ulsoor, Indiranagar and whereabouts - good thing is to look for a place that is close to a metro station since the Byappanahalli to MG Road section is well connected by Metro Rail.
Reach out if you need any more information.

Last edited by NPV : 13th November 2015 at 08:25.
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:44   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Was looking at OYO as well. But any service apartments that you know about?
jas_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 10:35   #1782
BHPian

Need some suggestions for a 2 day stay in Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala).

I have to be at TVM this Friday and Saturday. I would be landing early morning on 27-Nov (FRI) and leaving by late evening 28-Nov (SAT).

I am looking for a place near the UST global campus, NH47 bye pass road. Ginger hotel was my target, but the place is fully booked. I am travelling alone.

Would I end up paying for 3 days in this case? Most of the places that I check out online have 12noon check in and 11am check out policy, not sure how strictly they adhere to that.

If you guys have some suggestions about a possible place nearby, do let me know.
Requirements
- Clean room
- WiFi would be nice, not a deal breaker
- Eazy access to an autostand / bus stop
- Some food outlets close by
- Budget < 1500 INR per night, may be 2000 for 2 days.

I would be out most of the day, so all I need is a good place to sleep in, where my luggage would be safe.

Ps- I can speak malayalam, so the language is not a barrier.
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 11:25   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Looking for clean, good hotel near Cyber Gateway, Hitec City, Hyderabad. Any suggestions. 2k-3k budget for single occupancy, single room. Free, Decent Wifi would be great but not mandatory.
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 11:25   #1784
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Need some suggestions for a 2 day stay in Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala).

I have to be at TVM this Friday and Saturday. I would be landing early morning on 27-Nov (FRI) and leaving by late evening 28-Nov (SAT).

I am looking for a place near the UST global campus, NH47 bye pass road. Ginger hotel was my target, but the place is fully booked. I am travelling alone.
Just asked a friend who is in TVM and he mentioned Hotel Al Saj is also nearby and may be an option. If not, I think you can try OYO Rooms they may have something nearby.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:45   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
...Hotel Al Saj is also nearby and may be an option. If not, I think you can try OYO Rooms ...
Thanks for the lead. Al Saj is not available on those dates.

OYO rooms are available, but they would charge me for 2 days + early check in + tax. That is working out to nearly 5K. :(
Spinnerr is offline   Reply With Quote