Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd May 2016, 20:38   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Apart from the above, I have found few more. Have to decide among these.
http://www.hotelcenneys.com/, https://www.parkplaza.com/, http://www.hotelashwapark.com/ and http://www.grandestancia.com/
I have stayed in shrieshanth, its a decent option. http://www.hotelshrieshanth.com/
Around 2Kms from the highway, Opp to Salem bus stand.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 22:32   #1847
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Hi

Can anyone suggest reasonably priced good accommodation options in Kodaikanal for this weekend (i.e 28th and 29th). Also how will Kodaikanal be on a weekend now. will it be too crowded. thanks
Yes definitely Kodaikanal will be crowded in the weekend as the holiday season is on. For accomodation it depends on your budget & during the season time everybody looks for the opportunity to make big bugs. You could try Kodai International, Hotel Woody's, Holiday Home.

Last edited by vdm295 : 23rd May 2016 at 22:34.
vdm295 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:10   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Hi

Can anyone suggest reasonably priced good accommodation options in Kodaikanal for this weekend (i.e 28th and 29th). Also how will Kodaikanal be on a weekend now. will it be too crowded. thanks
We stayed have stayed at Villa Retreat(http://www.villaretreat.com/) 5 months back. It was good. Only -ve is, this hotel is located inside town(just 500M from bus stand and next to Coakers walk) and hence its crowded. Also, some rooms doesn't give you any good view points.

I have put some pics here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3883872
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 08:49   #1849
BANNED

Default Re: Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries

Folks,
Planning a Chennai to Kanhangad trip.
Pls advice on options.
Any hotel to stay outside of kanhangad for a day and then attend function?

cheers
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 10:18   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Planning a Chennai to Kanhangad trip.
Pls advice on options.
Any hotel to stay outside of kanhangad for a day and then attend function?

cheers
Not many good options at K'hangad.Among the available options,Raj Residency is a better one.

http://www.therajresidency.in/
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 07:06   #1851
BHPian

You can try Nalanda Resort @ Nileswar. But if this is only for a night stay, it will be costly.. Or else stay at Payyanur (if you are taking Gonikkoppal-Iritty-Irikkur-Thalipparamba-Payyanur-Kanhangad route). There you have option of KK Residency, Hotel Juju, Greenpark etc. Kanhangad is less than 30km from here.
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 15:11   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hi Guys, I would be driving down from Delhi to Mumbai and then to Pune and back. I have booked hotel in Pune. However i am confused for hotel in Mumbai.

Can anyone suggest a good hotel in mumbai for 2 days? Things i prefer are:
1. Free Parking
2. Not too inside the city as would need to drive down to pune as well, so something near highway.
3. Price range from 3000 to 3500.

Thanks for the help.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 21:13   #1853
Senior - BHPian

Where in Bombay do you want to stay? Budget? Dates as in weekdays or weekend. This information would help shortlist the options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi Guys, I would be driving down from Delhi to Mumbai and then to Pune and back. I have booked hotel in Pune. However i am confused for hotel in Mumbai.

1. Free Parking
2. Not too inside the city as would need to drive down to pune as well, so something near highway.

Thanks for the help.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2016, 23:34   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

1. Free Parking

Thanks for the help.
Hotel Maharana Inn at Chembur will meet all your expectations. It is not too inside the city, you can quickly get out of Mumbai from Chembur. They have free parking with protected safe place inside the hotel.

I had put up there twice and it will fit in your budget. Negotiate patiently without showing that you are in need. I have stayed there for Rs. 2500 to Rs. 2800 per night including taxes and breakfast. It is run by Kamath.

Do not settle for small size rooms behind the reception. I have stayed in good rooms. Negotiate keeping your cool. You can bargain and book over email too.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 12:59   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Where in Bombay do you want to stay? Budget? Dates as in weekdays or weekend. This information would help shortlist the options.
Price range between 3 to 3.5K and should be near to pune highway. Dates are Sept 3rd and 4th (weekend).
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 16:02   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Folks, any suggestions for a good beach resort in Pondy for the independence day weekend? This is for 3-4 families. Not too fancy, but decent and safe ones which are closer to the beach and or to the main attractions.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2016, 16:24   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Folks, any suggestions for a good beach resort in Pondy for the independence day weekend? This is for 3-4 families. Not too fancy, but decent and safe ones which are closer to the beach and or to the main attractions.
My sister's family visited Pondy two weeks back and stayed at Samarpan Guesthouse in Auroville, which has a beach resort. She said it was a nice place. Just watch out for the climate, supposed to be quite hot now.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 20th July 2016 at 16:25. Reason: Correction
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2016, 07:18   #1858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Please note most of the beach resort properties may be a bit away from town, either on the north or on the south side. Depending on budget you have options.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 18:58   #1859
BHPian

Hello all,

I'm planning Hyd to Goa via Hampi, with wifey. Would like to know if Kishkinda Resort is a decent option to stay in Hampi or if there are any other places which would be better and near to the various sightseeing spots in Hampi. I'm planning just a one night stay but want to cover whatever I can in Hampi on the day we check-in. I heard that Kishkinda Resort is at a distance from the magnificient temples of Hampi so I'm looking for suggestions that can help me plan in a better way.

Thanks,
Saleem.
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 06:54   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Hello all,

I'm planning Hyd to Goa via Hampi, with wifey. Would like to know if Kishkinda Resort is a decent option to stay in Hampi or if there are any other places which would be better and near to the various sightseeing spots in Hampi. I'm planning just a one night stay but want to cover whatever I can in Hampi on the day we check-in. I heard that Kishkinda Resort is at a distance from the magnificient temples of Hampi so I'm looking for suggestions that can help me plan in a better way.

Thanks,
Saleem.
You could try these:

http://www.clarksinn.in/hotel/clarks-inn-hampi/

www.malligihotels.com

http://www.royalorchidhotels.com/roy...i/overview.asp

If its luxury,then check out Orange COunty which has just opened.http://www.orangecounty.in/hampi-resorts-intro/
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote