Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 14:29   #241
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 1,687 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi.N View Post
Driving down to Karwar in last week of April Looking for good places to stay @

A night in hubli

Serviced apartment in bangalore for 3 nights

@ Hubli Hotel Hans is a good option,its on NH4 itself.(www.thehanshotel.com)

Not sure whats your budget for Blore,we have been using the services of Casa De Bengaluru @ Koramangala during our drives and would highly reccomend it.(www.casadebengaluru.com)

Compare the rates via travel portals and you are sure to get a very good deal.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 22:47   #242
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: thane
Posts: 281
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
@ Hubli Hotel Hans is a good option,its on NH4 itself.(www.thehanshotel.com)

Not sure whats your budget for Blore,we have been using the services of Casa De Bengaluru @ Koramangala during our drives and would highly reccomend it.(www.casadebengaluru.com)

Compare the rates via travel portals and you are sure to get a very good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi.N View Post
Driving down to Karwar in last week of April Looking for good places to stay @

A night in hubli

Serviced apartment in bangalore for 3 nights
@ravi

try the travel inn in hubli.

a lot of hotels like travel inn in hubli advertise that they are on nh4 but it is the old road they are located on.the bypass completely goes out of hubli and dharwad and doesnt enter the town.
so travel inn requires you to enter hubli.

will post you a link from my travelogues

pg

@RAVI
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ur-mumbai.html (Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai)

Last edited by pravdr : 9th April 2010 at 22:50.
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 16:21   #243
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,668
Thanked: 2,005 Times
Default

Just a caution from the bad experience that I'd in Coorg at Chillipilli Homestay; Pls avoid staying here for the bad food. Here's the list of issues we found with the food
1. Worm found in the sambar for night dinner with a rotting smell
2. Chappathi's were smelling bad the next day. I know many ppl tend to disagree, but from our experience at home, we have Chappathi's tasting good even the next day.
3. Worst of all - the water was provided in plastic bottles & the next day the water was smelling very bad & this happened on both the days
4. On the first day we'd Pa puttu for which Channa masala was side dish prepared for four of us; we could count the number of channa in the casserole. Next day got idlies for breakfast & they were so hard that we'd to just depend on the bread & jam. Oh!!! the jam was some local make & were tasting not so good & eventually we used our own Kissan jam. Finally none of us took the idlies & decided to starve & have a heavy brunch instead. Only myself & cousin finished the loaf of bread.

All the more, they had nerve charging Rs 150 X 4 for the dinner (rotten Chappathi's & wormed Sambar) and charged Rs 2000 per day including the breakfast (for the channa less masala & rock idlies). Finally Wifey suggested to move on the second day where we intended to stay for 3 days.

The only positive aspect that I found was, they're very helpful people. IMO, the accomodation is not worth for the price that that one pays. I've attached the pics of the doors & broken shelves mended with bent nails. They charge too high for what they're providing. They didn't provide A/C which I knew earlier, but for a 2 double bed, they provided only a single fan.

PS - Zahed, you were right about that place.
Attached Thumbnails
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-c3.jpg  


Last edited by aargee : 18th April 2010 at 16:22.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 20:49   #244
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Finally Wifey suggested to move on the second day where we intended to stay for 3 days.
So, where did you move to? And how was that place?
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 23:10   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just a caution from the bad experience that I'd in Coorg at Chillipilli Homestay; Pls avoid staying here for the bad food. Here's the list of issues we found with the food
1. Worm found in the sambar for night dinner with a rotting smell
2. Chappathi's were smelling bad the next day. I know many ppl tend to disagree, but from our experience at home, we have Chappathi's tasting good even the next day.
3. Worst of all - the water was provided in plastic bottles & the next day the water was smelling very bad & this happened on both the days
4. On the first day we'd Pa puttu for which Channa masala was side dish prepared for four of us; we could count the number of channa in the casserole. Next day got idlies for breakfast & they were so hard that we'd to just depend on the bread & jam. Oh!!! the jam was some local make & were tasting not so good & eventually we used our own Kissan jam. Finally none of us took the idlies & decided to starve & have a heavy brunch instead. Only myself & cousin finished the loaf of bread.

All the more, they had nerve charging Rs 150 X 4 for the dinner (rotten Chappathi's & wormed Sambar) and charged Rs 2000 per day including the breakfast (for the channa less masala & rock idlies). Finally Wifey suggested to move on the second day where we intended to stay for 3 days.

The only positive aspect that I found was, they're very helpful people. IMO, the accomodation is not worth for the price that that one pays. I've attached the pics of the doors & broken shelves mended with bent nails. They charge too high for what they're providing. They didn't provide A/C which I knew earlier, but for a 2 double bed, they provided only a single fan.

PS - Zahed, you were right about that place.
Well Ganesh, I did tell you to stay away from them. I guess those 2days would have been spent much better with some other place
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 00:22   #246
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Varkala - Sanctum spring

Anybody has stayed at Sanctum Spring Beach Resort in Varkala ?

Url - The Sanctum Spring Beach Resorts - Papanasham, Varkala

I am planning to book it soon for a July trip.

Also pointers on good hotels/resorts in Varkala are welcome.

Regards,
Rajat
rajatmakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 05:42   #247
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,668
Thanked: 2,005 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
So, where did you move to? And how was that place?
We stayed there for 2N1D only. During the day we went out for site seeing & hence no issues. Actually the place doesn't woo, its only the bad food. We could'nt opt out of food because the nearest place Siddapur was atleast 10Km on bad roads. So we didn't have choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Well Ganesh, I did tell you to stay away from them. I guess those 2days would have been spent much better with some other place
Right Zahed, but I didn't have a choice either. Our earlier plan was to leave on Sunday morning, had I known earlier that I would be leaving by Saturday morning, then I would've stayed on a place that you suggested. Anyway, we compensated by having a good lunch at Orange County
aargee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 07:26   #248
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,474
Thanked: 8,366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
We stayed there for 2N1D only. During the day we went out for site seeing & hence no issues. Actually the place doesn't woo, its only the bad food. We could'nt opt out of food because the nearest place Siddapur was atleast 10Km on bad roads. So we didn't have choice.


Right Zahed, but I didn't have a choice either. Our earlier plan was to leave on Sunday morning, had I known earlier that I would be leaving by Saturday morning, then I would've stayed on a place that you suggested. Anyway, we compensated by having a good lunch at Orange County
Orange county used to be (I really mean used to be ) VFM 5 years back. Now its no more affordable. And also it does not give you the essence of Coorg!

But food was very good. Though not sure if was Coorgi by any chance; a regular 4-5 Star Fare.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 07:53   #249
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,668
Thanked: 2,005 Times
Default

@Ampere, I'll be glad to share to post some pics from there, but not sure if this is the right place. Anyway, I'm 100% sure it is not VFM, but the treatment you get there is pure luxury. I saved about 2K on the 3rd day of stay & we planned to hit Hosur to stay that night with our inlaw's house that was locked & hence saved about a 1K staying at Mysore. So we decided to burst it at Orange county. The buffet costed about 700 per head which is after 15% discount for providing my contact details (now I can start expecting calls from them every now & then); both veg & non veg costs the same & its the first time I'm hearing such a concept; its like you opt for a lunch & eat anything you like from both the veg & non veg counters. We took about 2 hours to have our lunch in a naturally cooled environment. The service & food was as expected in a 5 star & the restaurant is a bar & dine in place.
EDIT - Oh!! yes, I remember one out of all the dishes to be a coorgi food; something that was made out of drumstick.
aargee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 08:44   #250
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,668
Thanked: 2,005 Times
Default

At Mysore, we stayed at this place - Ayodha Lodge; We paid about 1K+ for a 1D1N stay & the room was very good. Surprisingly the room also had a bath tub & we liked this place. Here're some pics
A thread on Accommodation & Rates-a1.jpg
aargee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 09:49   #251
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Salem journey break- accomodation options

I plan to break my journey towards Kodai at Salem. I will be travelling with my wife and kids. Any decent options on NH7? or do I need to go inside Salem city?

-tortoise
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 15:46   #252
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,474
Thanked: 8,366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
I plan to break my journey towards Kodai at Salem. I will be travelling with my wife and kids. Any decent options on NH7? or do I need to go inside Salem city?

-tortoise
What is your budget. There is Cenney's gateway, but its about 3-3.5K. Its very close to the 5 Roads junction.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 15:58   #253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What is your budget. There is Cenney's gateway, but its about 3-3.5K. Its very close to the 5 Roads junction.
I will be there only to spend the night and push off early morning. Max 1.5 K
tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 23:29   #254
BHPian
 
s3va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 646
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Chandigarh stay info required

folks..any pointers on a good place to stay in Chandigarh for a family ?
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 05:05   #255
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,474
Thanked: 8,366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
I will be there only to spend the night and push off early morning. Max 1.5 K
Thats the only one I am aware about. I tried it once and found it to be extremely comfortable. Another point is that the basic rooms are always taken and when asked the hotel guys said that these rooms were permanently booked by the Salem Steel Plant !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore-Wayanad: Route & Accommodation sarmarishi Route / Travel Queries 427 2nd October 2017 21:29
Accommodation in Mumbai & Pune BenjiRoss Route / Travel Queries 41 4th January 2017 15:31
Accommodation in Delhi: Auto Expo (Pragati Maidan) & Elsewhere GTO Route / Travel Queries 28 27th April 2014 15:39
Itinerary and accommodation - Himachal - Lahul & Spitti, Sach Pass and Dalhousie sj_koova Route / Travel Queries 0 3rd August 2011 12:42
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks