Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 12:03   #556
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,644
Thanked: 1,078 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Hotel Vinayak is near the railway station, buddy! (which is very well inside the city)

If you are willing to enter the city, there a number of good options, in and around Gandhipuram. Decide on whether you will be entering the city or not.

I suggested KR residency because, it's in the outskirts and it's just a 5~10 min drive to the bypass.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:15   #557
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,348 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Why don;t you go on to Palakkad and stay at Hotel Srichakra there - right on NH47 (no need to enter town) and not unreasonable. Check their website.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:36   #558
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,227
Thanked: 807 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Why don;t you go on to Palakkad and stay at Hotel Srichakra there - right on NH47 (no need to enter town) and not unreasonable. Check their website.
Yes. I also recommend this option. I have once stayed in Srichakra and it is good .

Edit:- At what time you are planning to leave Bangalore? and whats your final destination?
At what time you are planning to break at night? I am asking this because, if you are leaving late from Bangalore, it is better you stay in Salem and take Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi route to avoid the under construction mess between Chengapalli-Avanashi-Coimbatore.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 9th May 2011 at 12:44.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 12:42   #559
BHPian
 
Rajith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 615
Thanked: 391 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

guys,
srichakra is a mess and a nonsense hotel ,compared to what they claim.
I was there on last 6th May night on my way to Cochin.
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:05   #560
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Can anyone recommend a good Hotel in Kollur (near Mookambika temple)? Need 3 double rooms. Please suggest hotels other than Lalithambika guest house.
Thanks.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:56   #561
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Can anyone recommend a good Hotel in Kollur (near Mookambika temple)? Need 3 double rooms. Please suggest hotels other than Lalithambika guest house.
Thanks.
Bina Residency (08254-258258) on the way to Lalithambika has better facilities than Lalithambika Guest house. AC Rooms too. Book in advance as I think this is the season time.

Would actually recommend hotels in Kundapur (40kms from Kollur) or Udupi with better facilities. Hotel Sharon at Kundapur is a nice hotel.
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:06   #562
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,639
Thanked: 1,997 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

We stayed recently at the Rama Heritage in Nashik. Cleanest hotel room/ bathroom I have seen in India by a far distance. Its a steal at 1500 a night; they dont charge anything for children below 8 and breakfast is included.
A few toiletries are provided too (toothbrush/ paste/ soap/ shampoo/ comb!). Parking is a bit tight (more due to some two wheelers) but the security guard is helpful.
I would highly recommend this place for visitors to Nashik.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:17   #563
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Bina Residency (08254-258258) on the way to Lalithambika has better facilities than Lalithambika Guest house. AC Rooms too. Book in advance as I think this is the season time.

Would actually recommend hotels in Kundapur (40kms from Kollur) or Udupi with better facilities. Hotel Sharon at Kundapur is a nice hotel.
Thanks very much for your suggestion. However guests accompanying me prefer to stay in the vicinity of Temple as they wanted to for early morning puja (Nirmalyam?) etc. I have stayed few occassions in Lalithambika guest house and their A/c Rooms are very good and large ones (Last time they charged Rs.600 per room).

Bina Residencey: is this one just to left (when we enter into Lalithambika)side of the lalithambika guest house or is it on the way to lalithambika?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 14:25   #564
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Thanks very much for your suggestion. However guests accompanying me prefer to stay in the vicinity of Temple as they wanted to for early morning puja (Nirmalyam?) etc. I have stayed few occassions in Lalithambika guest house and their A/c Rooms are very good and large ones (Last time they charged Rs.600 per room).

Bina Residencey: is this one just to left (when we enter into Lalithambika)side of the lalithambika guest house or is it on the way to lalithambika?
Hotel Beena Residency is on the way to Lalithambika Guest house. Its on the road where the parking place for the temple is. Just a 10min walk from the temple. Prices are slightly high compared to other hotels here. About 1K for AC Double
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 19:42   #565
BHPian
 
avkurian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Edit:- At what time you are planning to leave Bangalore? and whats your final destination?
At what time you are planning to break at night? I am asking this because, if you are leaving late from Bangalore, it is better you stay in Salem and take Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi route to avoid the under construction mess between Chengapalli-Avanashi-Coimbatore.
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions.. We plan to leave BLR by 8pm, so was hoping to reach CBE by around 1am. Final destination is Kottayam. Salem too is a decent option, so will check for hotels there. Don't want to push on to Palakkad as then the temptation to just continue is too great!
avkurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 20:01   #566
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 1,687 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions.. We plan to leave BLR by 8pm, so was hoping to reach CBE by around 1am. Final destination is Kottayam. Salem too is a decent option, so will check for hotels there. Don't want to push on to Palakkad as then the temptation to just continue is too great!
I dont think you would be able to make it to CBE by 1am with a 8pm departure from Blore(unless ofcourse if you are staying on Hosur Road),else it could take you around 7hours+ to reach the L&T bypass.Salem would be the easiest bet for you.You should leave Salem by 6am,you could stop by at the Saravana Bhavan(not the original one)on the L&T bypass for breakfast.The advantage is that you wouldnt encounter any traffic in and around Avinashi.We usually stay at GRT Grand and leave for Thrissur by 6am from Salem and we reach Thrissur by 1130 with the breakfast stop.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 20:13   #567
Senior - BHPian
 
rameshnanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,227
Thanked: 807 Times
Default Re: Hotel in Coimbatore - Near BLR-Palakkad bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions.. We plan to leave BLR by 8pm, so was hoping to reach CBE by around 1am. Final destination is Kottayam. Salem too is a decent option, so will check for hotels there. Don't want to push on to Palakkad as then the temptation to just continue is too great!
I too strongly doubt that you will be able to do it cbe by 1 AM. Salem would be the safest bet to break. And also you can consider doing Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Vadakkencheri.

Two weeks back I left Salem at 6 AM and encountered huge traffic between Avanashi and Cbe (on the way to Thrissur) and also the under construction road was a pain.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:32   #568
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,570
Thanked: 1,687 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Stayed at a place called Mango Suites in Bangalore.Reccomended for stopovers.Room service was terribly slow,but excellent rooms and amenities.Located in Koramangala 4th Block just off the Kamat Swaad restaurant.Tariff in the range of INR 2500-3000 for double occupancy. Mango Suites - Express Business Hotels
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:48   #569
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,348 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

This time, I discovered the pleasures of staying at Woody's, the old eating/boarding place in JP Nagar where you can still get a single-occupancy AC room for Rs 1,400
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 12:05   #570
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 3,356 Times
Default Re: A thread on Accomodation & Rates?

Can anyone recommend a good Hotel in Trivandrum for couple of days stay.

Any review on Varikatt Heritage Guest House.?
SILVERWOOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore-Wayanad: Route & Accommodation sarmarishi Route / Travel Queries 427 2nd October 2017 21:29
Accommodation in Mumbai & Pune BenjiRoss Route / Travel Queries 41 4th January 2017 15:31
Accommodation in Delhi: Auto Expo (Pragati Maidan) & Elsewhere GTO Route / Travel Queries 28 27th April 2014 15:39
Itinerary and accommodation - Himachal - Lahul & Spitti, Sach Pass and Dalhousie sj_koova Route / Travel Queries 0 3rd August 2011 12:42
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks