Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 25th May 2012, 20:08   #961
Team-BHP Support

Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbeemers View Post
We have been to Masinagudi couple of times hence this time to Bandipur for the wildlife experience hence looking for a resort closest to the national park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
So you can give Masinagudi a miss and try something in Bandipur (Dhole's Den is in Bandipur inside the forest). A quick check on the net yielded some more in Bandipur like The Serai and Windflower - you may want to try these too.
Yes, almost all the Jungle Lodges properties are good.

Check this one out. Heard very decent things about this. This place is off Masinagudi
Jungle Retreat Home
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 09:33   #962
Senior - BHPian

Default Hotel Mesabel Coimbatore

Stayed at Hotel Mesabel Coimbatore on May 24th. Good for a night's stay.
Rs 1575/- including tax for an A/C double room.

http://www.mesabelhotel.com/
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 10:09   #963
Senior - BHPian

Default Hotel Between Salem and Coimbatore

Had dinner at Sri Saravana Bhavan, 25 KMs after start of NH 47 while going towards Coimbatore from Salem.

Attached is the brochure that I collected from hotel reception.

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-saravana-bhavan.png

Rate

A/C single - Rs 770/-
A/C Double - Rs 990/-

Both inclusive of tax. Place looks decent with ample parking.
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 10:18   #964
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hotel Between Salem and Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Rate

A/C single - Rs 770/-
A/C Double - Rs 990/-

Both inclusive of tax. Place looks decent with ample parking.
Thanks for the information. Now one more option for those who wish to break during long drives. The rates too looks impressive.

By any chance, did you see their rooms? I had food there few times and I guess they recently started this accommodation.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 10:22   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
By any chance, did you see their rooms? I had food there few times and I guess they recently started this accommodation.
Could not see the rooms as they were full but going by the overall ambience of the place, the rooms should be decent.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 15:50   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Had dinner at Sri Saravana Bhavan, 25 KMs after start of NH 47 while going towards Coimbatore from Salem.

Attached is the brochure that I collected from hotel reception.

Attachment 933440
This is the hotel website

:: Travellers Inn - Highway Restaurants in Salem To Ernakulam, Highway Restaurants in Salem To Sankagiri,Highway Restaurants in Salem To Ernakulam Bye-pass::
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 15:56   #967
oss
BHPian

Has anyone stayed at Dalethorpe Homestay in Kodaikanal. Feedback, please.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 23:12   #968
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys

I plan to drive down to Ooty/ Coonoor from Hyderabad and reach there on 17th June.
I need 2 rooms or one large double room to accommodate 4 of us (all adults). Stay is for 2 days.

I searched this thread and homed in on Tranquil Tea as it suits my budget, but they are already booked, per an email response I got.

I've got a quote of Rs 5850 per day (incl of taxes) for a 2-bedroom suite in Adderley Cottage, Coonoor. Is that a good rate, considering it is off-season?

I also have a quote of Rs 6075 for 2 rooms per day at Runnymede Cottage, run by the same group (Glendale Waterfall Estates).

Are the above rates good, and is the location good? Which one do you guys recommend? Food is not included in either quotation.

Would appreciate an early response.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 23:22   #969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hi guys

I plan to drive down to Ooty/ Coonoor from Hyderabad and reach there on 17th June.
I need 2 rooms or one large double room to accommodate 4 of us (all adults). Stay is for 2 days.
Here is the running thread on Ooty/Conoor.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...noor-ooty.html

Few good places include the Little earth properties (King's Cliff and Sherlock)
Do check with them. (Post 108 of the above mentioned thread I had uploaded some snaps of the Sherlock property)

The Littlearth Group - Adventure resorts & Theme hotels in the Niligiris

Glendale is the same group which runs the waterfall estate in Valparai.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 15:13   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys

I searched this thread and homed in on Tranquil Tea as it suits my budget, but they are already booked, per an email response I got.

I've got a quote of Rs 5850 per day (incl of taxes) for a 2-bedroom suite in Adderley Cottage, Coonoor. Is that a good rate, considering it is off-season?

I also have a quote of Rs 6075 for 2 rooms per day at Runnymede Cottage, run by the same group (Glendale Waterfall Estates).

Are the above rates good, and is the location good? Which one do you guys recommend? Food is not included in either quotation.

Would appreciate an early response.
If you're looking for budget no frills accommodation, check out YWCA's guest house at Anandagiri. YWCA -of India Project :: Home Page. Not a very scenic location like Sherlock or Kings Cliff , but it's close to the bus stand and fairly decent.

Ratan Tata Officers holiday home ( http://rtohhooty.com/ ) is another decent place that won't cost you an arm and a leg, and used to be pretty well maintained.

Haven't stayed at either place for quite a while now, so not sure of the current tariffs.

Edit : YWCA's tariff is on their website itself - hasn't gone up much even now.

Last edited by kala : 10th June 2012 at 15:14. Reason: Added info about tariff
kala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 17:12   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
If you're looking for budget no frills accommodation, check out YWCA's guest house at Anandagiri. YWCA -of India Project :: Home Page. Not a very scenic location like Sherlock or Kings Cliff , but it's close to the bus stand and fairly decent.

Ratan Tata Officers holiday home ( http://rtohhooty.com/ ) is another decent place that won't cost you an arm and a leg, and used to be pretty well maintained.

Haven't stayed at either place for quite a while now, so not sure of the current tariffs.

Edit : YWCA's tariff is on their website itself - hasn't gone up much even now.
Many many thanks. Does YWCA have car parking? And is it close to the hub of Ooty?
Old 10th June 2012, 17:39   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many many thanks. Does YWCA have car parking? And is it close to the hub of Ooty?
Yes, plenty of space for car parking. It isn't covered parking though.

And yes, it is in the city itself just behind the race course. The lake, botanical gardens etc are within 1 or 2 kms. Bus stand and Railway station are within walking distance.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 22:33   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Yes, plenty of space for car parking. It isn't covered parking though.

And yes, it is in the city itself just behind the race course. The lake, botanical gardens etc are within 1 or 2 kms. Bus stand and Railway station are within walking distance.
I got a response from YWCA that a 4-bedded room is available. And it costs only 1800 for 2 days, compared to 10 to 12 K in other places like Sherlock, Glendale, Lake View etc.

They also confirmed that I could park my car right next to my room. Looks very tempting, as it saves me 8 K !

Has anyone stayed there? Anything to watch out for?

As I also intend driving to Kochi and Valparai/ Munnar, the money saved here can be spent there.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Kala

Edit: I just saw Ganeshan's review and it seems ok. I hope the 4-bedded room is as decent as the one he stayed in.

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th June 2012 at 22:41.
Old 12th June 2012, 09:17   #974
BHPian

came across this site yesterday. airbnb.com covering good number of locations worldwide. Am not sure how it works in terms of payments and getting the keys to property etc - but could work out convenient for people travelling with families...

it's a vacation rental kind of portal similar to vrbo.com

Note: there is no commercial interest here.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 23:19   #975
Senior - BHPian

Any one stayed in Hotel Lakeview, Ooty recently? (Hotel Lakeview - HILL RESORTS - OOTY HOTELS - NILGIRIS | Hill resorts south india - hotels in ooty | tamilnadu hotels south india |Lakeview hotels - nilgiris - hill resorts in tamilnadu - hotel Lakeview ooty,). If so, can you please let me know the feedback. They are charging around 2K for Executive Suite Cottages.

Any other good options in the same price range?
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote