Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd July 2013, 12:34   #1306
Team-BHP Support

Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Checked with Sarovar. The starting price itself is close to 3k with taxes. As I will be staying only for 6-7 hours, I prefer a cheaper hotel.
Looks like prices have changed. Sorry my mistake. It used to be around 2K I think.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:52   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Cheap and simple accommodation in coimbatore near DB Road in RS Puram? Don't wanna pay much - but an air conditioned room would be nice?
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 14:28   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any particular recommendation you have near the E-city?
You can check out Sowbhagya Suites (097396-34449 / 08028523741).This is a place which my friend regularly stays during his Mumbai-Kochi drives and its excellent and vfm.Its around 1500-1800 inclusive of taxes and breakfast and right next to Crowne Plaza Hotel-easy to find and get in and get out onto the NH7.

http://www.soubhagyasuites.com/soubh...hagy&Itemid=53
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:42   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any particular recommendation you have near the E-city?
Another budget accomodation near Narayana Hridayalaya is Online Suites. Some relatives of mine had stayed there when their dad was in NH for a cardiac surgery, and according to them the place was quite neat and affordable.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 02:23   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a nights stay around Hosur (preferably on the highway itself) with a budget under 2k. Any recommendations?
If you are strictly looking at Hosur, you can consider Sivaranjani. Its pretty OK, costed 1600 for a double room A/C. Its just about 100-200 m off NH7.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 11:46   #1311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Honey Valley Estate is a good place, and should comfortably fit within the aforementioned budget. Its quite popular, and even though I myself have not stayed there, my friends recently did and said it was pretty good.
Thanks for this suggestion. We spent 2 nights at this lovely place. We had to prepone a night as it was raining cats and dogs and there is absolutely nothing to do at this place

A perfect place if you want to do nothing and enjoy treks, nature and beautiful thick forest surrounding this place which is on top of a hill

Door to Door it was 925kms from Hyderabad and was completely exhausted after doing it in 14 hours. Got lost and after lot of confusion reached this place as it was raining all through.

Paid Rs.1300 per night. Rs. 150 per meal/head and additional NV was Rs.120

We trekked to a waterfall which is 3kms away which is one of the most beautiful waterfall i ever saw. Lots of water and heavy gushing sound.

You need to park your car at the foot of the hills and go in a jeep for about 5kms upwards. Route will be a delight for a 4X4 enthusiasts as we went over boulders, potholes, deep trenches with all of us hanging on to dear life in the jeep. Great fun

Here are some pictures of HoneyValley

Name:  IMG20130623WA017.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  75.0 KB

Name:  IMG20130623WA019.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  89.5 KB

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img20130623wa037.jpg

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img20130623wa044.jpg

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img20130623wa070.jpg

Chingara- The Waterfalls

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img20130623wa069.jpg

Coorgi Pepper Chicken

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-img20130624wa001.jpg
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 11:54   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Cheap and simple accommodation in coimbatore near DB Road in RS Puram? Don't wanna pay much - but an air conditioned room would be nice?
Hotel Grand Plaza should suit your budget and its in RS Puram.0422 230 2677

www.grandplaza.in
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 12:45   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for this suggestion. We spent 2 nights at this lovely place. We had to prepone a night as it was raining cats and dogs and there is absolutely nothing to do at this place
Glad you enjoyed it. I also heard from friends that the jeep journey is pretty hair raising. Coorg itself is the ideal place for laid back vacations, and estates like these ensure that one does little else than fattening oneself with the Coorgi delicacies. Plan to do this trip soon myself, just that I am loath to keep my car so far away from sight in an unknown place.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 16:29   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Munnar - Which Route?

This might be the wrong place to ask about, but what places to visit in Munnar? and Things to do. How is Chinnar Tree house stay?
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 17:10   #1315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
This might be the wrong place to ask about, but what places to visit in Munnar? and Things to do. How is Chinnar Tree house stay?
The best thing to do in Munnar is laze around in an estate bungalow, sipping tea! (And I am serious! )
Jokes apart there are some view points, which are worth visiting, but the best part is spending time lazing around, taking morning/evening walks! (If the rain gods allow!)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 17:24   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
One place worth visiting is the Top Station only if as Ampere rightly said rain gods allow And the other place would be Eravikulam National Park.
floyd.bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 17:30   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The best thing to do in Munnar is laze around in an estate bungalow, sipping tea! (And I am serious! )
Jokes apart there are some view points, which are worth visiting, but the best part is spending time lazing around, taking morning/evening walks! (If the rain gods allow!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The entire Western Ghats(Kerala-Valparai-Kukke-Agumbe) is now getting very heavy rainfall. In fact, Kukke got 45 cm of downpour in just 24 hours!!

So as Ampere said, sipping steaming black tea and watching dark clouds and rainfall over the mountain ranges is all what one can do now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
One place worth visiting is the Top Station only if as Ampere rightly said rain gods allow And the other place would be Eravikulam National Park.
My trip would be around mid August. What is the predictable weather at that time.
Old 4th July 2013, 20:01   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Lazing around, sipping tea/kattan kaapi is the best activity to do in Kerala's western ghats You can do the up and down climb at a leisure pace to enjoy. I took a solid 5 hrs to climb up (make sure you start the climb early to do that). As I said below, Munnar gets out of the blue evening rains that have no relation to monsoons.

Munnar-Top Station drive is great, I'd suggest to start it as early as 6-630am, so that you can have Mattupetty Dam all for yourself. If you are doing it on weekends, the route could get crowded with tourist buses and vans.

Quote:
My trip would be around mid August. What is the predictable weather at that time.
There is no real season for Munnar getting rains. Our first trip was 1st week of May and 2nd in end of November. It does rain sometimes in the evenings. August is end of SW monsoon, so it shouldnt be too bad.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 21:14   #1319
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some places to visit:
1.Mattupetty Dam & Echo Point (try to be there early, gets too crowded and lots of shops surround the place and you need to walk right through them!).
2.Kundale Dam
3.Top Station
4.Tea Museum
5.Eravikulam National Park (Nilgiri Tahr)

1-3 are on same route and on the way back you can visit #4 (Tea Museum) so all this can be covered in 1 day! On another day start early and go to #5 to see the Niligiri Tahr if you're lucky!

Rest of the time, just relax with a cup of Tea as others have mentioned
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2013, 18:24   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Please recommend good hotels in the budget of 1.5K (double bedroom) in Kolhapur, Mysore(or srirangapatna), Ooty, Munnar and Valparai.