Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 08:37   #1471
BHPian
 
Tempelhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 449
Thanked: 121 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I don't think you will get clean hotels anywhere in Thiruthuraipoondi and Mannargudi. At Velankanni, don't step into any hotels near church, including Sea Gate.
Thanks for the information.

Could you (or someone) let me know a good place for vegetarian breakfast at Velankanni? How's the Clinton Park Inn?

Folks suggested, that instead of looking for a place in Mannargudi, I could go to Hotel Selvies in Thiruvarur. Any comments?
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 13:58   #1472
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 402
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Hi Folks,

I will be travelling with my family (including 2 year old kid) to Kollam during the 1st week of December from Chennai. Normally we do the 740 kms trip via Trichy-Madurai Bypass-Rajapalayam-Punalur-Kottarakara-Kollam route within 12 hrs. But, this time my family wants to halt overnight at either Trichy (or) Madurai and then continue the journey next day. Could you please suggest the best option to stay? I need a decent/good accomodation for 4 adults and a kid. The hotel should definitely have a safe car parking and a restaurant.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:28   #1473
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof

Thanks for the information.

Could you (or someone) let me know a good place for vegetarian breakfast at Velankanni? How's the Clinton Park Inn?
Clinton Park Inn is a good hotel for rooms but no idea about their restaurant. Generally all restaurants near church area gets too much crowded on weekends.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:42   #1474
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 4,466 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I will be travelling with my family (including 2 year old kid) to Kollam during the 1st week of December from Chennai. Normally we do the 740 kms trip via Trichy-Madurai Bypass-Rajapalayam-Punalur-Kottarakara-Kollam route within 12 hrs. But, this time my family wants to halt overnight at either Trichy (or) Madurai and then continue the journey next day. Could you please suggest the best option to stay? I need a decent/good accomodation for 4 adults and a kid. The hotel should definitely have a safe car parking and a restaurant.
I think the Madurai bypass you will be taking on the way from Trichy to Rajapalayam will pass through the Airport Ring Road/NH49 junction (close to Melur) so you can stay at Hotel Metropole which is near District Court and Raja Muthaiah Manram (this is about a 1-2 Km deviation from the Ring Road) .
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:53   #1475
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 402
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
so you can stay at Hotel Metropole which is near District Court and Raja Muthaiah Manram (this is about a 1-2 Km deviation from the Ring Road) .
Thanks NPV and Ampere. Called up Metropole. Looks like they are booked for the next 3 weeks. So, I have chosen Saratha Rajans.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 16:26   #1476
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,091
Thanked: 687 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Am posting this on behalf of my friend - he is looking for a medium range resort for a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids) at Kumarakom - resort should be on have a lake view. Also a house boat for a day. Any suggestions guys? He has almost fixed on Cocobay, but finds it a tad too expensive
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 19:40   #1477
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 4,466 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Am posting this on behalf of my friend - he is looking for a medium range resort for a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids) at Kumarakom - resort should be on have a lake view. Also a house boat for a day. Any suggestions guys? He has almost fixed on Cocobay, but finds it a tad too expensive
No personal experience but remembered some earlier recommendations on this thread , links below (not sure about the pricing aspect though!):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3249772

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2489291

Last edited by NPV : 27th November 2013 at 19:42.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 19:47   #1478
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,091
Thanked: 687 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
No personal experience but remembered some earlier recommendations on this thread
Thanks NPV. Had checked these options - except Lemon Tree, the rates for the other two are around the same as Cocobay (Vasundara being much more expensive)
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 19:40   #1479
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Posts: 38
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Can anyone suggest a good hotel in Kanyakumari? Looking for some thing closer to the railway station / beach. Looking for a < 2K per night family room. Thanks in advance..
psvinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 21:45   #1480
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 408
Thanked: 109 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Can someone let me know a GOOD hotel for a quick coffee and break in the following places ? Thanks.
  1. Nagapattinam
  2. Velannkanni
  3. Vedaranyam
  4. Thiruthuraipoondi
  5. Mannargudi
  6. Rameswaram

Cleanliness takes precedence over everything else

I grew up in some of these places, so I know how dirty things could be...but it has been a LONG time (decades) since I visited these places. Planning to go in December. Advance thanks for your help and suggestions.
Here is my recommendation for Rameshwaram

1. Hotel MCM Towers (Very Good if one wants to stay near temple, book well in advance)
2. Hotel Queen Palace (Good one)

Last edited by manjubp : 30th November 2013 at 21:56.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 13:22   #1481
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 4,466 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post
Can anyone suggest a good hotel in Kanyakumari? Looking for some thing closer to the railway station / beach. Looking for a < 2K per night family room. Thanks in advance..
Try Vivekananda Kendra, they also have a private beach accessible from the property.
Sea View also is good (rooms at the back have sea view) and is very close to the ferry point, Devi temple and sunset point. However, tariff may be more.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:30   #1482
BHPian
 
Tempelhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 449
Thanked: 121 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Can somebody suggest a good hotel in Mayiladuthurai ?

I have stayed in Hotel PAMS a couple of times. It is good.

I'd like to know if there's something better than PAMS.

Thanks in advance.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 07:05   #1483
BHPian
 
I-Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Hi folks, need help with recommendations for a hotel on the Noida -Ghaziabad highway stretch.
I am travelling from Mumbai by road and normally always stop at the Airport Motel in Gurgaon, but would like to crossover Delhi city in the evening itself as the morning drive across the city robs me of precious driving time and is too much stress.

I will be leaving from Mumbai on the 12th Dec and halt for the night at Udaipur and start 13th morning towards Delhi. 14th morning will be Delhi to Bareilly stretch.

I am looking at a Hotel for myself, my better half and my 3 kids. Preferably a big room where I can get 2 extra beds added. (Have tried Radisson Blu but they don't allow 3 kids. Next option I have found on the net is Mahagun Sarovar Portico at Sector 3, Ghaziabad.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
I-Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 07:56   #1484
BHPian
 
amitw79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Chief View Post
Hi folks, need help with recommendations for a hotel on the Noida -Ghaziabad highway stretch.
I am travelling from Mumbai by road and normally always stop at the Airport Motel in Gurgaon, but would like to crossover Delhi city in the evening itself as the morning drive across the city robs me of precious driving time and is too much stress.

I will be leaving from Mumbai on the 12th Dec and halt for the night at Udaipur and start 13th morning towards Delhi. 14th morning will be Delhi to Bareilly stretch.

I am looking at a Hotel for myself, my better half and my 3 kids. Preferably a big room where I can get 2 extra beds added. (Have tried Radisson Blu but they don't allow 3 kids. Next option I have found on the net is Mahagun Sarovar Portico at Sector 3, Ghaziabad.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Try Country Inn in Sahibabad.. Its right on road which leads to Vaishali metro station.
amitw79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 05:55   #1485
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 688
Thanked: 340 Times
Default Re: Bangalore - Goa.... which route?

For anyone wanting to halt at Belgaum, Hotel Eefa is the top end choice.

Hotel Sankam Residency is the choice for saving money. Sankam room is priced @ 2,400++ which is around 2,800 total.

I decided to save some more money as I needed to only spend one night while enroute to Goa and am presently staying at Hotel Ramdev International. The room is priced @ 1,600+ which is around 1,850 total.

What is missing in Ramdev is tea maker, deluxe fittings, free breakfast, free toiletries, central air-conditioning (window A/C is there) and such other luxury services.

What is there is a huge sized very neat and very clean room with very clean linen, clean toilet with functional plumbing, window A/C, towel and soap, dining table for 2 pax, working desk, luggage rack, almirah and decent lighting. Ample secured parking is also there apart from a pure veg restaurant (non veg restaurant is also there separately).

Lot of food choices just outside including all types of street carts.

To sum up, I am happy to have saved nearly 1,000 per room by staying at Ramdev in Belgaum.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore-Wayanad: Route & Accommodation sarmarishi Route / Travel Queries 427 2nd October 2017 21:29
Accommodation in Mumbai & Pune BenjiRoss Route / Travel Queries 41 4th January 2017 15:31
Accommodation in Delhi: Auto Expo (Pragati Maidan) & Elsewhere GTO Route / Travel Queries 28 27th April 2014 15:39
Itinerary and accommodation - Himachal - Lahul & Spitti, Sach Pass and Dalhousie sj_koova Route / Travel Queries 0 3rd August 2011 12:42
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks