Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd December 2008, 02:40   #1
Default Trip to Gokarn

Hi all, This is naveen from bangalore, this week we are going to karvar side and we are going in our qualis. We would be covering mulliangiri-sringeri-udupi-gokarn-karvar-sirsi-and bangalore.

I would like your comments on the route wise to save my time and cost on fuel. Would appreciate your advice on the best route that i should take.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.
We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2008 at 09:38. Reason: moved to the appropriate section
naveen1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please check the forum regarding the route info. There are many threads existing on the same topic.
Anyways for your info, the route to follow as per your places of visit would be
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

I second what sushruta says. Gokarna - Ankola - Karwar route is better now with some repair work completed.

Karwar - Ankola - Mirjan - Devimane ghat - Sirsi is good one too.

From Sirsi take - Haveri - Chitradurga - tumkur - bangalore which is better one than via Shimoga.

To stay around I feel on day 1 you need to choose Sringeri. Day 2 in murdeshwara or kumta or Gokarna. day 3 around Sirsi. Day 4 back to Bangalore. you can complete this trip with more driving style even in 3 days instead of 4. In that case day1 stay at udupi, day2 at sirsi and day3 drive back to bangalore.

5 days planning would give best extra time so you can visit other places like murdeshawara etc..

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd December 2008 at 14:13.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:40   #4

This is our trip report, but from Bangalore:
Road Trip to Gokarna - the Coastal Temple Town

rex_varghese is offline   Reply With Quote