Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd December 2009, 23:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Stay at Goa during Christmas/New Year has to be booked almost 2-3 months in advance otherwise, all the hotels/resorts will be taken.

You might get lucky like alter_ego but don't take chances.
Maybe some of the Goan BHPians might help you in finding home-stays.
pulsar56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:27   #17

Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
700Rs/day is damn cheap during this time of the year.Do you remember the name of the hotel by any chance
It was not a hotel but a house and the landlord used to rent the rooms during this time to make some quick bucks.I guess many locals do the same during this time.Kind of a win-win situation for everyone.
I would suggest to get hold of some local cab/auto driver give him some 200 bucks and he would be too happy to oblige
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 15:51   #18

Check Yatra/Makemytrip. Last year I got a booking from Yatra. It cost less than 6K for 3 nights in AC room including breakfast near calagute beach. I got the booking just 1 week before new year! It was a decent hotel.
Goa has it's own flavour in new year, which is worth experiencing at least once!

One more thing guys, what's the latest status of the NICE road stretch between Hosur road and Banerghatta road? Last year this time this stretch was incomplete, and there was a diversion which passed through a village to join the Banerghatta road. Any idea if it's complete now?

Last edited by asethi : 7th December 2009 at 15:53.
asethi is offline   Reply With Quote