Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 13:12   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Directions for Vajreshwari/Ganeshpuri

Looking for directions from Chembur, Bombay to Ganeshpuri/Vajreshwari.
Also how are the roads, what's the distance & how much time would it take?

TIA
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 09:28   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Looking for directions from Chembur, Bombay to Ganeshpuri/Vajreshwari.
Also how are the roads, what's the distance & how much time would it take?
TIA
Anyone wants to take a shot at this?
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 09:30   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Ok - went on my own.
Went on the Eastern express highway towards Thane.
Paid 30Rs Toll at the Mulund Check Naka.
Kept going straight taking all flyovers on Nasik Road.
Around 8 kms from the CheckNaka is the Bhiwandi Bypass Toll Gate (Rs 34 for 2-way return toll).
Keep going straight for around 10 kms more - there is a junction (directions labelled) Right goes to Kalyan, left to Bhiwandi & straight
to Nasik.

Take a left to Bhiwandi - keep going into Bhiwandi till you reach a junction. There is a a flyover going over the junction perpendicular
to the road you came on. Take a right here.

Keep going straight for around 20 kms & then take a left for Vajreshwari. 5 kms more & you will reach Vajreshwari.
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 11:01   #4
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Hi carboy you can even bypass Bhiwandi city if you take the next junction on the Nashik road.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 09:40   #5
BHPian
 
faridsahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Malad, Mumbai - Vajreshwari

I just visited Vajreshwari when was in Mumbai. Had to take my MOM to the hot water springs (some one had advised her that the water from the KUND can heal her knee joint pain)

Started from Malad, Mumbai took Western Express Highway, NH8 and then took a diversion (to right) immediately after Virar junction(Phata). Till Virar the drive is pretty straight - stick to highway & no diversions. After taking the right turn continued driving for 19kms till destinations. Some importatnt milestones crossed after taking the turn are Parol Village, Great escape water park & Usgaon Water dam. There are enough sign boards for directions till the destination. Time taken 1 hr 20mins.

Roads are fantastic till Virar (NH8) and there on after diversion its good with some small patches of potholes.

Malad west 00 km
Dahisar Check naka 14 km
Godbandar naka 06 km
Virar Junction (phata) 24 km
Vajreshwari (akloli) 19 km

Total one way distance 63 km
faridsahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 11:03   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Directions for Vajreshwari/Ganeshpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Ok - went on my own.
Went on the Eastern express highway towards Thane.
Paid 30Rs Toll at the Mulund Check Naka.
Kept going straight taking all flyovers on Nasik Road.
Around 8 kms from the CheckNaka is the Bhiwandi Bypass Toll Gate (Rs 34 for 2-way return toll).
Keep going straight for around 10 kms more - there is a junction (directions labelled) Right goes to Kalyan, left to Bhiwandi & straight
to Nasik.

Take a left to Bhiwandi - keep going into Bhiwandi till you reach a junction. There is a a flyover going over the junction perpendicular
to the road you came on. Take a right here.

Keep going straight for around 20 kms & then take a left for Vajreshwari. 5 kms more & you will reach Vajreshwari.
Planning to go again after a couple of years. I assume this route is still valid - nothing is closed on the way etc.

Also does anyone know the approximate time it would take from Mulund/Thane - I don't remember how much time it took last time.
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 20:05   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Directions for Vajreshwari/Ganeshpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi carboy you can even bypass Bhiwandi city if you take the next junction on the Nashik road.
I asked quite a few people around that place (auto, taxi drivers) - they all said there isn't any other way if don't take that left on the Nashik Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Also does anyone know the approximate time it would take from Mulund/Thane - I don't remember how much time it took last time.
Replying to myself - it took around 1.5 hours from Mulund to the Vajreshwari temple on a Saturday Morning starting at 8:30 am. Returning in the late afternoon also took roughly around the same time.

Last edited by carboy : 5th January 2013 at 20:22.
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 02:16   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Directions for Vajreshwari/Ganeshpuri

Does anyone know any good, clean hotels near the Ganeshpuri/Vajreshwari area?
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Precise directions to Matheran rajdoll Route / Travel Queries 21 10th September 2016 00:59
Driving directions for India - Maps & Driving Directions informmaha Route / Travel Queries 1 15th October 2007 17:02
Driving Directions Websites bike_bug Route / Travel Queries 14 13th March 2007 02:11
Urgent Help regarding Sanaswadi directions normally_crazy Shifting gears 1 23rd August 2006 11:53
BLR - Wayanad Directions Raps Route / Travel Queries 3 30th May 2006 20:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks