Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 18th January 2009, 23:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post

The route thro Surat-Saputara-Nashik-Shirdi is also another alternative to consider, I think shorter and faster than Dhule, not sure, will have to check my logs.

====
It will be shorter and faster to go via Dhule to Surat instead of via Saputara, which means you have to come down first to Nashik, battle through the city traffic and then take some bad roads in the MH-GJ border. Instead, the Dhule route means you can take a fast road from Shirdi via Manmad and Malegaon, avoid the Dhule city clutter since NH6 to Surat is before you enter town, and the road to Surat itself is good and fast.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 10:10   #32
BHPian

Default Travelling thro MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Narayan, Thanks for the nice words

When you compare GQ to MP, the best is GQ.

As you say, Hyderabad - Jhansi, the route you described, I haven't done, it must be real bad if you took 11 hrs + for 200 kms.

I think the MP roads have improved grately in the last 12-24 months, specially the toll roads are smooth with good signages!!!

I was luckier, I found the stretch from Harda till Panchmarhi, Panchmarhi - Jabalpur, Jabalpur - Bandhavgarh, Bandhavgarh-Khajuraho relatively good, most of them toll roads. Its the Indore-Khanod-Hards stretch, Chhatrapur-Bhopal, Bhopal-Devas stretches which were very bad.

The route thro Surat-Saputara-Nashik-Shirdi is also another alternative to consider, I think shorter and faster than Dhule, not sure, will have to check my logs.

====
HI Ramky, Good roads in MP. You must be joking. I guess you have been lucky as you have seen some good roads there. I have driven more than 5 times on different NH roads in MP and Boy they have been terrible.

While on another subject I have a favor to ask you.
Could you please help me by providing me the name of the biggest Tyre dealer of Michelin in Chennai.
I believe you live in Chennai hence asking you this info. If its inconvienient please dont worry. I will try and locate them when i get to Chennai end of this month.
Warm Rgds
Narayan Mahadevan
Drivealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 11:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivealot View Post
HI Ramky, Good roads in MP. You must be joking. I guess you have been lucky as you have seen some good roads there. I have driven more than 5 times on different NH roads in MP and Boy they have been terrible.

While on another subject I have a favor to ask you.
Could you please help me by providing me the name of the biggest Tyre dealer of Michelin in Chennai.
I believe you live in Chennai hence asking you this info. If its inconvienient please dont worry. I will try and locate them when i get to Chennai end of this month.
Warm Rgds
Narayan Mahadevan
I live in Ahmedbad, so no luck there.

I was surprised to find good toll roads in MP, contrary to popular belief that ALL roads in MP are bad. Yes, there are many terrible sections also, I had to treverse some meanies too. Everyone say the improvement in recent, in the last 12 to 24 months and improving the day.

====
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 11:26   #34
BHPian

Thanks everybody for the updates on roads.

If I start from Shirdi by 5AM, can I make it to vadodara by evening? What is the distance? Also I am afraid of the heavy traffic jam between surat and vadodara.
sudheermenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 11:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
Thanks everybody for the updates on roads.

If I start from Shirdi by 5AM, can I make it to vadodara by evening? What is the distance? Also I am afraid of the heavy traffic jam between surat and vadodara.
520 kms from Shirdi to Baroda, via Malegaon, Dhulia and Surat. You can make it by evening in the normal course, traffic between Surat and Baroda is unpredictible.
Old 19th January 2009, 12:03   #36
BHPian

I got the distance

Shirdi-Dhule-Surat is approx 370Kms

I found another route from Nashik which joins at Pardi (SH67+SH186). The distance is approx 300 kms. It saves me almost 70kms. But anyone has any idea about this route?
Old 19th January 2009, 12:25   #37
BHPian

HVK, any idea about the route from Nashik to Pardi where it joins GQ? It is SH67+SH186? It is shorter than the Dhule route.
Old 19th January 2009, 12:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
520 kms from Shirdi to Baroda, via Malegaon, Dhulia and Surat. You can make it by evening in the normal course, traffic between Surat and Baroda is unpredictible.
Kumar saar, I found another qoute from Nashik to Pardi which is sh67+sh186. It seems to be shorter than the Dhule-surat route. Do you have any idea about this one?
Old 19th January 2009, 12:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

NO, please take NH6 route only, that is a very good road
Old 21st January 2009, 14:02   #40
BHPian

Having sunfilm on the glasses of my car will be a problem while travelling through the different states( thanks to the govt for implementing diff rules and regulations in various states)?

Also any other such things/docs to be taken care of?

Thanks
Old 21st January 2009, 14:57   #41
BHPian

Default Travelling thro MP

Quote:
Having sunfilm on the glasses of my car will be a problem while travelling through the different states( thanks to the govt for implementing diff rules and regulations in various states)?

Thanks
Menon Sare, Please keep all you Petrol Bills and your toll tax reciepts since Cops like to harras out station Car owners. Once you show then the above they normally let go.
Please also be carefull if you carry liquor, the excise dept at the state borders will fine you.
Since you are doing long distance keep a spare tube. Sometimes this becomes invaluable if you are stuck with a major cut in the tyre. Please feel free to call if in trouble or need info.
Rgds
Narayan
02135-308747.
Drivealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:03   #42
BHPian

Thanks Narayanji.

Somehow I don't use or carry liquor. Spare tube is already in my list. Thanks for reminding it.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Restrictions on use of dark sun film in Delhi and Chandigarh.
Occasional harassment for yellow sticker in headlamps inside large Gujarat cities (like Ahmedabad) and Punjab highways.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:40   #44
BHPian

Default Pune to Guna

Hi All,

We have to attend a friends marriage at Guna in June. Yes there is lot of time for this but i am looking for a feasible way to reach there. We are 7 people and can hire a innova. I would like to know about the route is feasible or not?

The route in consideration is:
Pune->(NH50)Sangamner->Shirdi->Malegaon->(NH03)Dhule->Sendhwa->Mhow->Indore->Dewas->Biaora->Guna.

My friend told me that road till sendhwa (MH-MP Border) are good but further in MP there are not so good.

Please guide me with the current route is fine or alternative route is available. Also how much distance it would be and time taken to cover it.

We are also thinking to go via mumbai->Surat->Ahmadabad->Kota->Guna.
Let me know your inputs.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 14:56   #45
BHPian

It will be a great pity if you don't stop over at Indore and taste the cuisine there. It is a foodie's paradise.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote