Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th June 2016, 10:46   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Bangalore - Badami : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Day-1: Start from Bangalore @4.30 AM and reach Clarks inn, Badami by by 1 PM. Have lunch and tour Badami till evening.
Day-2: Checkout @7.30 AM. Cover Pattadakal- Aihole and reach Hospet (via Hungund, Kushtagi) by noon. Checkin @ Royal Orchid and walk around Hampi in evening if possible.
This may be possible, but seems extremely hectic. You may want to give Badami another day if possible? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Chitradurga-Hospet despite the road widening work and speed breakers is still manageable from my experience as well as recent reports here, but don't know the conditions beyond Hospet to Badami.
I was thinking the same. So I checked the difference. Its hardly 50km over all. And in return its 100km of 2-Lane Vs 250 of 2-Lane. If you take the Chitradurga route, after Hospet you anyway have to deviate from the NH13 4-laned section. So looks like that whats tilts it towards Hubli. Too many trucks, crossing Hospet etc add to the chaos I guess.

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2016 at 10:54.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 10:49   #47
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This may be possible, but seems extremely hectic. You may want to give Badami another day if possible? Just a thought.
Also, why go all the way till Hubli and then to Badami ?
How about Chitradurga-Hospet-Badami ?
Chitradurga-Hospet despite the road widening work and speed breakers is still manageable from my experience as well as recent reports here, but don't know the conditions beyond Hospet to Badami.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 11:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Hows the weather at this time? I also have a similar itenrary and the same dates
Weather should be pleasant with mild showers now and then. Temperatures may be in the range of 33-24 Deg C.

Quote:
Extra day at Badami may be difficult but I can plan to arrive at Hospet by sunset. Does this help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, why go all the way till Hubli and then to Badami ?
How about Chitradurga-Hospet-Badami ?
Quote:
....So looks like that whats tilts it towards Hubli. Too many trucks, crossing Hospet etc add to the chaos I guess.
I have decided to go via Hubli due to the same reasons mentioned above. Moreover on day one we need to preserve energy, so going few extra kilometers for good road is worth.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 11:44   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Extra day at Badami may be difficult but I can plan to arrive at Hospet by sunset. Does this help?
No idea! Because it all depends on your endurance. I would prefer an extra. But of course that depends on your constraints.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:57   #50
BHPian

For Badami, two half days are required. One for the Bhutnath temples / museum / fort segment, and second half for covering caves. It is doable in one half day also, but very hectic.

Pattadakal is very beautiful, needs a few hours to see it fully.

Aihole is very rural, you will be swarmed by village children for a few bucks to act as a guide, overall not much in front of Pattadakal.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 13:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
No idea! Because it all depends on your endurance. I would prefer an extra. But of course that depends on your constraints.
Planning a visit to Badami next week in my Hyundai i10 which is the best route from Bangalore ? I do not mind extra distance. Also I need information about a decent place to stay in Badami

for two people

Last edited by KALSANKRPAI : 17th October 2016 at 13:42.
KALSANKRPAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 14:38   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
Planning a visit to Badami next week in my Hyundai i10 which is the best route from Bangalore ? I do not mind extra distance. Also I need information about a decent place to stay in Badami
There is a KSTDC in Badami I think. You should check on that. The easiest route will be via Hubli. Chitradurga is all messed up now.