Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th January 2009, 12:37   #1
BHPian

Default Driving from Pune to Surat/Saputara: A good idea?

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of driving from Pune to Saputara or Surat alone. Do you folks think its a good idea? Could you please give me suggestions/tips or warnings that I must pay heed to? I would also be grateful if someone could tell me the best route that I could follow including details about which sections are tricky, easy, fast, rough etc. I'm a relatively new driver so I need to take care of these things.

Cheers,
-Ganesh
great_guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 17:28   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
Hi folks,

I'm thinking of driving from Pune to Saputara or Surat alone. Do you folks think its a good idea? Could you please give me suggestions/tips or warnings that I must pay heed to? I would also be grateful if someone could tell me the best route that I could follow including details about which sections are tricky, easy, fast, rough etc. I'm a relatively new driver so I need to take care of these things.

Cheers,
-Ganesh
Hi Ganesh, Driving alone?? From your above post I think you are planning to go to Surat. Simple Take the Mumbai-Pune E-way, At Vashi continue towards Thane and ask for the Ghodbundar Rd. This will then lead you to the NH8 Vapi -Surat- Ahmdavad Hway.
I am sorry I have no Idea where Saputara is. If you are looking for SATPURA wildlife scantuary then thats a different direction. Thats in MP Hoshangabad dist.
Rgds
Narayan
Drivealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 18:36   #3
BANNED

Please take a look at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1131509 (GQ Drive: 2vehicles, 4meets, 5bhpians, 6days, 13states, 6000KMs.)
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 21:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Saputara is well worth a visit, esp just during/post rains.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:35   #5
BHPian

Default Pune to Surat

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
Hi folks,

Cheers,
-Ganesh
Hi Ganesh, I brushed up my Geography (PLACES& ROADS) thanks to my meeting yesterday with " The WALKING TALKING ENCYCLOPEDIA OF INDIAN ROADS MR HV KUMAR" He mentioned that Saputara is a small hill station off the NH8. If you need more details pls write to him.
Rgds
Drivealot is offline   Reply With Quote