Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th October 2016, 22:55   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries

Hi,

I drove Gachibowli - Nanded and back over the weekend (Oct 8-9th)

I used the route via Nizamabad - Bodhan while going to Nanded and the NH161 route on my way back.

Pros and Cons of route via Nizamabad-Bodhan:

Excellent highway till Nizamabad from Gachibowli (ORR - Medchal)
Nizamabad -Bodhan road is good and passes through some scenic reserve forest area
Many food joints / hotels with parking on way till Nizamabad (did not stop at any)

Post Bodhan till Narsi roads are in really bad shape due to the recent rains
Post Narsi roads are better as you are on NH161 from Narsi - Naigaon

Enroute you will see many water bodies full to the brim after the recent incessant rains

Took me around 6 hours to reach Nanded.

Pros and Cons of route via NH161 (via Degloor - Sangareddy )

Roads are good from Nanded till Nizampet-Shankarampet stretch of NH161. Post this towns roads are patchy with potholes.

The bad stretches are however better than the Bodhan - Narsi stretch which have some horrible potholes.

This is a narrow 2 lane road leaves you exposed to fast incoming traffic and makes overtaking difficult. Watch out for speed breakers near villages.

The distance is shorter by around 55 kms via NH161 and there are no toll charges on this stretch (Hyderabad-Nizamabad section is a tolled highway).

No major places to take a break on this route till you reach Sanga Reddy town. Took almost 6 hours to get to Hyderabad from Nanded via the NH161 route.

Stayed at Hotel City Pride which was good. Roads in Nanded town are in bad shape after incessant rains. Had Darshan at Hazur Sahib on both days
(0ct 8-9) before heading back to Hyderabad.

I personally liked the NH161 route with little traffic from Nanded till Shankarampet.
Drivethru is offline   Reply With Quote