Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 21st January 2009, 17:53   #1
Default Garpanchkot

I will be driving to garpanchkot in the first week of February for the first time. I will return via Mython. Can anyone give a detailed driving direction (with specific location milestones and approximate distance between them) from Garpanchkot to Mython.

Also, which cottage of the WBFDC resort provides best amenities and view?

Any word of caution during this whole trip? And probably a list of do's and don'ts.
amajumder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 18:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

The best person is Sudipto da. Pls PM Sudipto-S-team immediately.

Pls search his travelogue in this forum. He has posted his Garpanchkot travelogue here.

Note here is the travelogue:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...t-kolkata.html (Garpanchakot for a quiet weekend out of Kolkata)

Last edited by akroy : 21st January 2009 at 18:33.
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just replied to your PM. But now I see that your question was basically about driving direction from GPKot to Maithon. Essentially Maithon is on the other side of NH2. You can drive across the dam from GPKot and follow the road to Kumardubi. Cross the railway line (underpass road) and look for Chirkunda Morh. Maithon is on the other side of the highway.
I must warn you that this stretch through Kumardubi/Chirkunda is absolutely horrendous. There are craters on the road where elephants can easily hide. My rear bumper scrapped against the road on several occasions.
If I have to go now I would take the normal route back to Chowringhee (via Puwapara, Sharbari and Niyamatpur) and then turn left on GQ and then turn right again for Maithon. Probably a few extra km but will save me the heartache of driving through those lunar scapes.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 22nd January 2009 at 10:00.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote