Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th September 2012, 17:23   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Chennai to Ahobilam(near Cuddapah in AP)

Thanks Venki.bala. Can you please pass on the contact info of the guide you hired? Your travelogue is interesting and useful.
maddyoni10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 09:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Till Kadapa, the best route is Madras-Tada-Nayudupeta-Kalahasti-Rajampeta-Kadapa. Road conditions are pretty decent, not runway-like. .
Any specific reason for going via Nayudupeta, you can go directly to Kalahasti from Tada, the roads were in great shape when I made the trip to Tirupati in June.

Also you missed out mentioning Renigunta or am I missing something. Is there a direct route to Rajampet from Kalahasti.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 10:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Oh. Thanks for correcting me. I assumed that the entire highway is getting widened.
Nope, there is no sort of widening going on the section towards Tirupati from Kadapa via Rajampeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Any specific reason for going via Nayudupeta, you can go directly to Kalahasti from Tada, the roads were in great shape when I made the trip to Tirupati in June.
Nayudupeta road bypasses Srikalahasti and its a much wider road where you can maintain 100 at daytime save for the number of speed breakers all the way.

I agree Tada-Kalahasti itself is in good shape, but the time it took to cross Kalahasti wasn't worth it. It'll take a good 25-30 min to get to the other side of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Also you missed out mentioning Renigunta or am I missing something. Is there a direct route to Rajampet from Kalahasti.
Somehow I did'nt go through Renigunta at all The SH61 from Nayudupeta/Kalahasti meets the Rajampeta/Kadapa road and the road from Tiruttani at one junction. I guess this is the road 5km towards Tirupati that bypasses Renigunta (this is mentioned in the Hyderabad-Tirupati thread multiple times. Forget the name of the place though).
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 10:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyoni10 View Post
Thanks Venki.bala. Can you please pass on the contact info of the guide you hired? Your travelogue is interesting and useful.
Srinivas alias seenu : 0-9490727452

Please book APTDC Haritha for your staying. it is the best place to stay, neat clean and affordable rates.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote