| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|16th February 2009, 17:19||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
Long Ride , Royal Enfield 350 CC Electra 4 S - Bangalore to Harihara
Hey Guys ,
I am from Bangalore , I am planning to Ride to Harihara ( Davengere Dist) , on my bike ..
Total KMS 278 ,
Route : Bangalore -> Tumkur -> ChirthaDurga -> Davanagere -> Harihara
Total time required : 7 hrs
This is would be my first ride above 250 KM , any tips and advices ,
|16th February 2009, 17:27||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2007
Thanked: 163 Times
Thimapa its very doable, get your bike serviced. ensureall the cables are in good shape, carry a spare tube.
After the service try to run atleast 100kms in city just to ensure that everything is working fine.
Start your ride early in the morning, if something goes wrong you have some time to get it fixed and move on. avoid riding at night.
|16th February 2009, 17:43||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 18 Times
Wow! Road trip on an Electra and am sure that would be fun and interesting. Do follow this thread
for road conditions of the NH4 and recently around a month back, I traveled on NH4 and the road is in good condition for the stretch you mentioned as its been laid up and bad patches covered up.
Have fun and drive safe brother and needless to say follow the lane discipline and NH4 is neatly laid up with even the Truckers strictly maintaining lane discipline to a great extent on this highway.
You will not be lost on NH4 as it has well planned signposts and directions all across.
1.Check the tire pressure before leaving and you can tank up and pressure checked @ numerous bunks all across the highway.
2. Make sure you carry tool kit along with a torch light (though I presume you would do day driving, it would not harm you anyway).
3. Since you are riding a bike, travel light as much as you can.
4. Check for unwarranted speed breakers on NH4 while crossing some villages and also tractors coming in the wrong direction (in particular near chirtadurga,davengere).
5. Carry bike documents, DL with proper insurance papers and updated Pollution check certificates.
6. Above all, Enjoy the nice drive on NH4 and don't get into arguments with some moronic drivers who happen to ply indian roads @ will.
Once again, have a nice trip and ride safe.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Royal Enfield 350 Electra: Restoration & Upgrades||ilangop||Motorbikes||41||7th March 2016 09:14|
|Help needed : Hero Impulse or Enfield Electra 350||Tapish||What Car?||8||4th May 2012 11:24|
|Std 350? Hmmm Electra 5s? Or Mach 350?||vinit.merchant||Motorbikes||38||10th August 2009 13:57|
|Bullet 350/Electra 4S/ Electra 5S||neoisme||Motorbikes||23||16th June 2009 17:24|