Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th February 2009, 16:22   #1
BHPian

Default Cheap hotels in Cochin and Mysore with Car park?

Hi all,

Can you give me a list of cheaply priced hotels for a night stay each in Cochin and in Mysore?

It would be preferable if in Cochin it is close to the SPORTS office...if possible.

Thanks!
lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 16:42   #2
BANNED

In Cochin, I would suggest Bijus tourist home, Saas tower. Both have designated parking and their rates are below 1000 Rs for Ac rooms.
There're some good affordable hotels near Sports office area. But I can't remember any names as of now.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 16:54   #3
BHPian

Thanks! I called them for tariff. BOTH comes to Rs. 690 for Non-AC double room and Rs. 150 for an extra person. So I guess five of us could manage at Rs. 1530 for the night and have a place to park the car during the lakshadweep trip. How are the accommodation as such? Which of the two is better? Also, is it close to the town cause we want to do some essential and 'cultural' shopping before leaving for the islands.

Now, once we get the Mysore settled, everything should be fine. If there are other places in Cochin around the same price or less, do let me know as well.

P.S.
: Any better (safer) places to pay-park the car in Cochin while we go for Lakshadweep?

Last edited by lynx : 17th February 2009 at 17:00.
Old 17th February 2009, 16:58   #4
SBR
BHPian

In Mysore, you can try the Dasprakash. This is in heart of town and a very old hotel.

Rooms are pretty clean though old fashioned and food is excellent. Charge about Rs. 800/- last when I stayed there in August 2008 for a Double Bed Non AC room. Loads of space for Car Park.

In Cochin, though I am not so sure about the city much and where you want to go. You can try the UDUPi Ananda Bhawan on MG Road in Cochin. Very close to Woodlands Hotel. Udupi Anada Bhavan charges around Rs. 550/- (incl taxes) for a Non-AC double Room and very neatly maintained. Had stayed there in November last. Good Veg food in their Restaurant too.

Car Park too is suffcient.

Hope this helps.
SBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:02   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Thanks! I called them for tariff. Comes to Rs. 690 for Non-AC double room and Rs. 150 for an extra person. So I guess five of us could manage at Rs. 1530 for the night and have a place to park the car during the lakshadweep trip. How is the place as such? Also, is it close to the town cause we want to do some essential and 'cultural' shopping before leaving for the islands.

Now, once we get the Mysore settled, everything should be fine. If there are other places in Cochin around the same price or less, do let me know as well.

P.S.
: Any better (safer) places to pay-park the car in Cochin while we go for Lakshadweep?
In Mysore you can call up Hotel Dasprakash for lodging with good and secured parking space at a very good price and you also get good food.

Last edited by gowda79 : 17th February 2009 at 17:05.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:02   #6
BANNED

Man! Those places are very much in the centre of the town with major shopping centres in walking distance.

I would suggest you use a covered pay and park facility for long period parking. There's one located in MG road near Padma theatre. I dunno if they accept vehicles for a week or more.
How long do you want to leave your vehicle?
Old 17th February 2009, 17:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
In Mysore you can call up Hotel Dasprakash for lodging with good and secured parking space at a very good price and you also get good food.
Thanks, will do right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Man! Those places are very much in the centre of the town with major shopping centres in walking distance.

I would suggest you use a covered pay and park facility for long period parking. There's one located in MG road near Padma theatre. I dunno if they accept vehicles for a week or more.
How long do you want to leave your vehicle?
Nice to know. Oh, just for two days (weekend package). Which would be your choice between Biju and Saas in terms of a safer parking place? Thanks! (Also, how do I find out more details about the paid parking place?)
Old 17th February 2009, 17:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yes they accept - i presume ur referring to one opposite CITIBANK

alternately there is a HUGE pay and park next to Gokulam park inn near opp north bustand
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:21   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the hotel you were referring to?

MYSORE DASAPRAKASH
Gandhi Square, Mysore - 570 001.
Tel : 0821 - 2442444 / 4455/ 2821

The price for a double room non-ac is Rs. 508 including tax and Rs. 100 for an extra person so Rs. 1116 for five people for the night stay. Seems like a great price. Thanks!

Last edited by lynx : 17th February 2009 at 17:22.
Old 17th February 2009, 17:30   #10
BANNED

Quote:

MYSORE DASAPRAKASH

The price for a double room non-ac is Rs. 508 including tax and Rs. 100 for an extra person so Rs. 1116 for five people for the night stay. Seems like a great price. Thanks!
Yep, that's the same place and the hotel has 24hrs security, so need to worry on security and a lot of parking space inside the hotel.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:37   #11
BANNED

Default 2 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Yes they accept - i presume ur referring to one opposite CITIBANK
Yes. I'm referring to same one. It's near the Pixetra showroom over there.
It's more secluded than the one near Gokulam which is also far from his hotel.
There's another pay 'n park at convent junction behind Krishnan nair studio. Next to the coffee shop. Walkable distance to Biju's and Saas.
The old colonial house very next to Biju's and Saas (known as Saayip's workshop) also offers pay and park facility. He has some covered parking too. A great chap but may act wierd and funny sometimes though.

Between Biju's and Saas, Biju's has covered parking. Saas has partially covered parking behind the hotel. Both hotels are located next to each other. You can even decide after you reach there.
Both will agree for 2 day's parking if you have atleast a day's booking after your return from Lakshwadeep.
Old 17th February 2009, 18:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

i've stayed there, there's enough space to park and its a decent place.

Quote:

MYSORE DASAPRAKASH

ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 21:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, that's the same place and the hotel has 24hrs security, so need to worry on security and a lot of parking space inside the hotel.
Thanks!

Quote:
There's another pay 'n park at convent junction behind Krishnan nair studio. Next to the coffee shop. Walkable distance to Biju's and Saas.
The old colonial house very next to Biju's and Saas (known as Saayip's workshop) also offers pay and park facility. He has some covered parking too. A great chap but may act wierd and funny sometimes though.
Wow, thanks!
Quote:
Between Biju's and Saas, Biju's has covered parking. Saas has partially covered parking behind the hotel. Both hotels are located next to each other. You can even decide after you reach there.
Both will agree for 2 day's parking if you have atleast a day's booking after your return from Lakshwadeep.
This itself should do I think. If not, I will explore the three parking options you have mentioned above at that time. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
i've stayed there, there's enough space to park and its a decent place.
Nice, thanks!
Old 21st February 2009, 21:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:

Hai Zak and others,

I would be in Cochin in May for a couple of days and have a few quiries:

1. I have a life membership at the Regional Sports Centre at Kadavantra, its called the Indira Gandhi Indoor stadium (?) the membership is a dormant one, haven't used it in 15 years!!!!

2. Heard they have good rooms there and the tariff is around 1500/- for members. Anyone has information on tariff and contact details there?

Thanks in advance for the help.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 22:04   #15
BANNED

It's called Rajiv Gandhi indoor stadium. Regional sports centre is located in there.
The rooms are quiet okay. Nothing great to write about. I had stayed in their AC and Non AC rooms about 10 years ago. Recently, they had done some maintenance I heard. And I dunno if it has improved any better.

The best thing is it is very very cheap for members there. I think it should be less than 1500. I stayed for around 600Rs or so then. Now it could've increased but I think it should be lesser. They have some sort of okay room service too. The facilities like swimming pool, badminton courts, tennis court etc.. can be used by members for free of cost.
I'm not a member there. I stayed as a guest of a member.

I don't have any contact details in hand. There're some bhpians who have membership there and would have contact details.

I would recommend giving it a Dekho before going ahead for a stay.