Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th May 2011, 10:28   #16
BHPian

Default re: Delhi - Bikaner : Route Queries

I;ve done Delhi - Bikaner multiple times and my preferred route is the one via Najafgarh. Once you get past Najafgarh, the roads are almost empty and you can make very good time. Plus, the road surface is fantastic.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 10:51   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

whats the exact route? where can ggn guys connect up?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 20:07   #18
BHPian

Post re: Delhi - Bikaner : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
@Saurabh:

The kotputli route is what I intend to try on my next trip. Regarding the Loharu route, it is not so complex if you have done it once...... all hell broke loose in terms of traffic all the way uptil Chandwaji.
OK, Well if i get some inputs on the road conditions before my trip then i can decide not to take this route, else i am planning to anyways take the Kotputli Sikar route this time. Hopefully i am travelling before your next trip, so will update you on the route beforehand.

Time on a national holiday to travel from Delhi to Rajaldesar(Village just after Ratangarh- about 400 kms) was about 7 hrs, started early morning 5 am & reached by 12 O clock, but thats too when i didnt stop anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I;ve done Delhi - Bikaner multiple times and my preferred route is the one via Najafgarh. Once you get past Najafgarh, the roads are almost empty and you can make very good time. Plus, the road surface is fantastic.
I guess what you intend to speak about is the Delhi-->Loharu-->Jhunjhunu--> Fatehpur route to Bikaner. When was the last time you did this route & can you elaborate a more on why you think this is a fantastic road, as last time I travelled, roads were not in a good shape.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 20:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I think he means the route which is Delhi - Najafgarh - Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri. After Charkhi Dadri, you can either continue to Loharu and further as described earlier or you can go to Bhiwani and then continue as described below.

There is also another route which is taken by buses which go to Pilani from Delhi. This route is essentially Delhi - Rohtak - Bhiwani - Loharu - Pilani. On that route, you can do Delhi - Rohtak - Bhiwani - Loharu - Pilani - Rajgarh - Churu - Ratangarh - Bikaner.

Basically Bikaner is west from Delhi. Going via NH-8 takes you south and then you go back northwards. Going via Rohtak - Bhiwani takes you North west but you're basically taking a slower road.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 20:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

As of April 8, Jhunjhunu Mandawa Fatehpur was a mess. I am reasonable sure it still is.

The rest of the route is good. From Rewari to Mahendragarh I was doing 100 kph on an undivided road at 4 PM. You can guess the condition. A little bit of bad roads about 4 km before Loharu and a stretch of really bad road just after Loharu towards Surajgarh for about 2 km. Then again a 100 kph worthy stretch from Surajgarh almost to Jhunjhunu via Charawa and Bagar. The good thing about this route is that you avoid the heavy traffic which you normally encounter between Rewari and Narnaul.

You can actually continue to Sikar from Jhunjhunu and then go to Fatehpur. But then you are doing 110 km from Jhunjhunu to Fatehpur via Sikar instead of 47 km via Mandawa. Jhunjhunu - Sikar road should be in good condition. Sikar - Fatehpur traffic is not as bad as Jaipur - Sikar.

I think I would do the Loharu route anytime except I would go to Sikar from Jhunjhunu instead of Mandawa. Except for the occasional village speedbreaker it is a great route and more challenging and scenic than the NH8.

Last edited by architect : 29th May 2011 at 20:49.
Old 29th May 2011, 21:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I think he means the route which is Delhi - Najafgarh - Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri. After Charkhi Dadri, you can either continue to Loharu and further as described earlier or you can go to Bhiwani and then continue as described below.
Yes, that is the one I usually take. Getting out of Delhi is a bit slow on this route, but after that it is quite fast.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 18:00   #22

I need to travel from Delhi to Bikaner and cant figure out which is the best route and the shortest (time wise) on good road condition as I am taking my Laura on this trip.
Will be travelling from Gurgaon so appreciate if you guys can give directions from there
vivek_sharma20 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_sharma20 View Post
I need to travel from Delhi to Bikaner and cant figure out which is the best route and the shortest (time wise) on good road condition as I am taking my Laura on this trip.
Will be travelling from Gurgaon so appreciate if you guys can give directions from there
There are only 2 major routes with minor diversions.

1. Delhi - Jaipur By-pass - Sikar - - Fatehpur - Bikaner
2. Delhi - Rewari - Dahina - Kanina - Loharu - Jhunjhunu - Fatehpur - Bikaner

An alternative to (2) is to do Delhi - Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri - Fatehpur. Mandawa Fatehpur is the unbearably bad stretch of road. Alternative (1) is 100 km longer and there us heavy traffic between Jaipur by-pass and Sikar!
Old 15th December 2011, 11:58   #24

Quote:
There are only 2 major routes with minor diversions.

1. Delhi - Jaipur By-pass - Sikar - - Fatehpur - Bikaner
2. Delhi - Rewari - Dahina - Kanina - Loharu - Jhunjhunu - Fatehpur - Bikaner

An alternative to (2) is to do Delhi - Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri - Fatehpur. Mandawa Fatehpur is the unbearably bad stretch of road. Alternative (1) is 100 km longer and there us heavy traffic between Jaipur by-pass and Sikar!
What about the below route:
Delhi -> Dharuhera -> Kotputli, turn right on to Highway 37B towards Sikar -> Neem ka Thana -> Udaipur Waati District Jhunjhunu -> Sikar -> Fatehpur -> Bikaner
vivek_sharma20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 23:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_sharma20 View Post
Delhi -> Dharuhera -> Kotputli, turn right on to Highway 37B towards Sikar -> Neem ka Thana -> Udaipur Waati District Jhunjhunu -> Sikar -> Fatehpur -> Bikaner
That route does exist but I have never tried it. Reason is most of the traffic mess one has to face on NH8 is there before Kotputli in any case. I agree that the Jaipur BP - Sikar stretch is avoided, though. Secondly going from Jhunjhunu to Sikar is almost lie retracing your steps.
Old 17th December 2011, 17:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_sharma20

I have been through this route and is decently quicker route to reach Bikaner. The road from Kotputli till Sikar is single undivided road and mostly goes thru villages where the quality of roads is not good. Moreover the roads are not named at quite some places. Would suggest to take this route only if you are ok with some rough patches between Kotputli to Sikar. Rest of the track is good. I am also going to take the same when leaving on Tuesday for Ratangarh.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:52   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
I have been through this route and is decently quicker route to reach Bikaner. The road from Kotputli till Sikar is single undivided road and mostly goes thru villages where the quality of roads is not good. Moreover the roads are not named at quite some places. Would suggest to take this route only if you are ok with some rough patches between Kotputli to Sikar. Rest of the track is good. I am also going to take the same when leaving on Tuesday for Ratangarh.
After you have driven through, can you post the places where the road is bad and also the relative time taken as I will be travelling this Saturday.
vivek_sharma20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:46   #28
BHPian

I left dwarka Delhi on Wednesday at 8:00 am and considering that it's foggy these days the plan to leave at that time was wise. However did have to face the Delhi GURGAON office traffic but we were able to cross the Manesar toll by 9:15am. After we headed straight on NH8 till Kotputli which we made it in another 1:15 hrs. The stretch starting from Kotputli till another 25-30 Kms was a bad one and at times due to road repair work even single lane road was there. But once through with the bad stretch it's a decent road and drive till Udaipurwati is OK with some patches in between being in bad shape. I could easily maintain 90 kmph with special attention for those local speed bumps created here and there. Once through with Udaipurwati the stretch is again not so great but just 23-25 Kms before Sikar the state highway 37 turns into a national highway( and I mean literally ;-) ) speed more than 100 kmph can be maintained on that stretch and I took a halt after crossing Sikar only to observe that I had taken 2.5-3:00 hrs to cross the Kotputli - Sikar stretch. After crossing Sikar I was on National highway heading towards Bikaner and on this stretch one can also attain 120kmph at times. I managed to cover 90kms in 1/2hrs to reach my destinational Rajaldesar (15 Kms from Ratangarh). Would have loved to post some pics of the stretch but since posting through mobile app am not sure if I can post pics through it as they are more than 1 mb per photo. I would recommend to do it once if you have already tried other routes and would like to enjoy passing through some villages.

P.S: If one wants to take a break enroute Kotputli to Sikar then one of the good option is to stop over at Antariksh Hotel and resort and have some nice tea and Alu ka paranthas. It is located in neem ka thana and you would not miss it as its on the main state highway.
Old 8th March 2012, 22:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread and found it through google as i'm planning a trip on my bullet to Bikaner on 17th March.

The big question now is which route to take as we are about 8 - 10 bullets and have only 2 days in hand ( i.e 17th & 18th March) .Considering the distance and the limited time can someone suggest the best route to take considering the road conditions.

@ Saurabh - Is the route recommended by you OK for a bike trip? Also how long is this stretch? 450~ kms?

I tried looking through mapmyindia.com but did not find satisfactory results.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 00:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak
The big question now is which route to take as we are about 8 - 10 bullets and have only 2 days in hand ( i.e 17th & 18th March) .Considering the distance and the limited time can someone suggest the best route to take considering the road conditions.

@ Saurabh - Is the route recommended by you OK for a bike trip? Also how long is this stretch? 450~ kms?
Hey Harish, considering that you are going to be biking in a group and only 2 days at hand, the route chosen should be shortest and least tiring, I would recommend you taking Delhi - Kotputli - Sikar - Laxmangarh - Ratangarh - Sri Dungargarh - Bikaner ( distance should be 480+ ). As mentioned in my earlier post on same thread this route is in fairly good condition.

Other route is all National Highway drive through Delhi - Shahpura(near Jaipur) take a bypass from there towards Sikar and then head on National highway towards Bikaner. This will be longer( 50 + Kms) but good road condition is guaranteed.