Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th December 2016, 13:59   #61

Default Re: Delhi - Bikaner : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Too late !

Following is the route I undertook last week >

Route Taken >
NCR > Bhiwadi > Neemrana > Kotputli > Shahpura > Sikar > Laxmangarh > Fatehpur > Ratangarh > Bikaner - approx 550kms
Toll on this route - 408rs

Bikaner > Ratangarh > Fatehpur > Laxmangarh > Sikar > Chomu > Jaipur HW > Shahpura > Kotputli > Bhiwadi > NCR - approx 535kms
Toll on this route - 439rs
I'm also planning to go to Jaisalmer via Bikaner. I would appreciate which is the better route out of the above two in terms of good roads. BTW I will be driving a sedan (Octavia).

I have already decided against the route via Delhi-Jhunjhunu-Mandwa-Fatehpur due to extremely bad roads unless somebody has travelled recently.

Thanks
polestar2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2016, 15:16   #62
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polestar2016 View Post
I'm also planning to go to Jaisalmer via Bikaner. I would appreciate which is the better route out of the above two in terms of good roads. BTW I will be driving a sedan (Octavia).

I have already decided against the route via Delhi-Jhunjhunu-Mandwa-Fatehpur due to extremely bad roads unless somebody has travelled recently.

Thanks
First one was a little better - that too by not too big margin. Just a small stretch of 2 kms was horrible in second route.

But otherwise, either routes are doable and good enough.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 13:06   #63
BHPian

Hi,
Just wondering if I can reach Delhi T1 Airport by 3 PM if I left Bikaner @ 6 AM on Aug 15th?
Mine would be a old Wagon R..
If that is a touch and go, where would be a good place to stay over night the previous night starting from Bikaner that evening?
vu2pmc is offline   Reply With Quote