Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th February 2012, 21:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Kanpur - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh : Route Queries

The road between Satna & Bandhavgarh is a smooth, beautiful single lane tar road except for the last few kilometers nearing Tala, Bandhavgarh.

I did not go through Satna but turned from Nagod to Unchahara to Maihar to Barhi to Tala.

Did not touch Katni & Umaria.

Read this particular post related to travel to B'garh from Khajuraho:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2337067 (Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

gd1418: What's the road condition between satna and Bandhavgarh? Which route did you follow? Was Katni on your way or did you take Malhar to Umaria?

Last edited by gd1418 : 27th February 2012 at 21:30.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2012, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
What's the road condition between satna and Bandhavgarh? Which route did you follow? Was Katni on your way or did you take Malhar to Umaria?
You could also take Rewa->Govindgarh->Beohari->Bandhavgarh (Tala). This is the SH9-SH10 route. All of it is two laned and not even a single bad patch. The topping on the cake is around 20 kms is on ghats where you cross two mountains. Even this part is in superb condition. I hardly could believe myself when I drove through this. Gave me a feeling I am driving somewhere in the US of A. Ask for the route to Shahdol in Rewa which takes you to SH9 and then take a right on SH10 to reach Bandhavgarh. You can continue to Umaria going further either to Jabalpur or Maihar. Except for 6/7 kms in Bandhavgarh which is left bad on purpose, rest of it is a dream to drive .
samarjitdhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 18:14   #18
BHPian

I know this thread hasn't seen any activity for long, but was hoping if somebody could give me some inputs on the road conditions from Kanpur to Mahoba.
We plan to fly to Lucknow and go to Mahoba by road, I know that Lucknow to Kanpur would be good as it is an expressway, any inputs on the best route from Kanpur to Mahoba and the condition of the roads would be of immense help.
ashbhat2 is offline   Reply With Quote