Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd June 2016, 07:49   #46
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Coimbatore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Ampere. If I take this route and start by 8.30 in the morn from Coimbatore can I reach karwar by 22.00? Does it involve ghat section drives as well?
Yes that should be possible. Its about 700km of 2-lane roads all the way with ghat sections at: Dimbam and Honnavar. So even if you assume 50km/h as a average, it translates to about 14 hours of drive (You also need to account for breaks).
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:21   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Ampere. If I take this route and start by 8.30 in the morn from Coimbatore can I reach karwar by 22.00? Does it involve ghat section drives as well?
If you start at 8.30, you will reach Jog falls around 8 pm. (with breaks). Considering this is a rainy season, it may be tricky(visibility, road block due to tree fall) to take the ghat section at that time. I would suggest you to stay at Sagar and start early in the morning and reach Goa by noon. You can also visit Jog falls on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Coimbatore-Sathy-Chamarajanagar-T Narasipur-Srirangapatna-KR Peter - CR Patna-Arsikere - Shimoga-Honnavar-Karwar-Goa.

A green and scenic route but with much less traffic.
Google Maps suggests to take the Sagar-Sirsi-Kumta route instead of the usual Sagar-Honnavar-Kumta route. I remember reading in the Bangalore-Goa thread that the Haveri-Sirsi-Kumta route in very good condition. Also it looks like the Sirsi kumta road is less winding compared to the Jog falls-Honnavar road. Any thoughts on this route?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd June 2016 at 16:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Landkruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:36   #48
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Coimbatore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Google Maps suggests to take the Sagar-Sirsi-Kumta route instead of the usual Sagar-Honnavar-Kumta route. I remember reading in the Bangalore-Goa thread that the Haveri-Sirsi-Kumta route in very good condition. Also it looks like the Sirsi kumta road is less winding compared to the Jog falls-Honnavar road. Any thoughts on this route?
I dont have a quantifiable impact. But yes in general traffic is lower. If he plans to break his journey at Sagar then this makes sense to explore. If not I would still vote for the conventional NH206/NH17.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote