Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th April 2015, 18:40   #61
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default re: Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Vehicle: A tavera or xylo would suit you although with 10 avg. builds it is best to have 2 vehicles for comfort esp. with winding ghat sections. If only one vehicle then go for Winger. Not sure if it would be too big for a group of 10.

Route: Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - Mandgaon - Diveagar. Some time back when I came through Tamhini, new layer was being laid on some sections of the road. So road condition should be better now. Enjoy your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Dear Engine_Roars,

I had been to Diveagar last to last weekend.
We stayed at Maitreya Beach resort - it ranked in the top 3 in trip advisor. We had a fabulous stay and the manager Mr. Subodh , runs a wonderful team of people who will make you comfortable.
We also saw a group (Lupin, most probably), check in to that place.

Please note, that this hotel (like ALL others), is a 5 min walk from the beach. We did not see any porpoerty ON the beach.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
If you want to stay right next to the beach....
Shortest route to take would be Pune->Tamhini->Nizampur->Mangaon->Mhasala->Dive Agar. There is Orchard Resort at the end of Tamhini Ghat (just before Vile MIDC) where you can break and have tea/lunch etc. They serve buffet lunch which is quite good. Nice clean restrooms etc.

The longer route would be to take Pune->Express Way->Khopoli->Pali->Wakan (NH17)->Mangaon->Dive Agar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Recently we had been to diveagar. The route which we took was
Pune->Express Way->Khopoli->Pali->Wakan (NH17)->Mangaon->Dive Agar.

We were put up in hotel Pearl beach resort. Resort is just 5 mins walk from the beach. The resort was neat and clean. Their food was just awesome specially Nonveg. The Manager Mr. Kadam took care of us really well, whatever we asked he made it available. He himself is a good cook. If you go to Divegagar there are couple of things that you should visit, there is one resto which is famous for it's Fish thali it's just 3-4 mins walk from resort and another place which is famous for Veg food, these guys serves awesome Modaks. right now not able to recollect the names of the resto but, diveagar is a small town so anyone should be able to help you out with actual names.
Thanks for all the information guys, all of this is surely going to help us plan the trip well. As of now, things have gone under discussion again due to non-availability of some team members on the 2nd. Will update this thread if at all this trip materialize.
Engine_Roars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 11:01   #62
BHPian

Did a short trip to Diveagar from 1st May to 3rd May 2015.
Went via Tamhini ghat, Mangaon ,Mhasala. Abosolute delight to drive on these roads. Only 2-3 Kms of what we can call bad roads, Otherwise the roads are just super.

I took my Polo Tdi this time and boy... It was a very satisfying drive indeed.
I returned yesterday with a big

P.S:
There is a roadside restaurant named ' Saumili' at left side after crossing into Pune district from Raigad district. Had lunch there yesterday while returning.
Had awsome 'Tandul Bhakri with Zunka. It was excellent.

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 17:40   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Did a short trip to Diveagar from 1st May to 3rd May 2015.
Went via Tamhini ghat, Mangaon ,Mhasala. Abosolute delight to drive on these roads. Only 2-3 Kms of what we can call bad roads, Otherwise the roads are just super.

Cheers,
AB
How much time did it take you to reach there from Pune? And did you take the route from Mangaon to Lonere to Mhasala or directly from Mangaon to Mhasala?
sankdadevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 21:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdadevil View Post
How much time did it take you to reach there from Pune? And did you take the route from Mangaon to Lonere to Mhasala or directly from Mangaon to Mhasala?
I went from Mangaon to Mhasala directly. Roads are awesome barring a few places. Took Mhasala bypass. Roads are not in great shape here but advisable if you are at evening rush hours near Mhasala which has some narrow roads.
It took me 2.5 hrs from Kothrud.

Cheers
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 01:04   #65
BHPian

Updates on pune-mangaon-shrivardhan road. The only bad patches are before you each tamhini ghat. Those too are being repaired. However watch out for the odd crater. Roads in tamhini ghat are smooth which is a suprise. Roads after that are good as usual. Infact they have removed all speed breakers on the short new MIDC road near POSCO. A drivers delight to cross those straight 4-5 kms after the twists n turns.
bigwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 15:04   #66
BHPian

Did a Pune Diveagar drive over the independence day weekend in my Storme. There are some bad patches before Tamhini ghat starts and some after we take a right turn towards Diveagar at Mangaon. A little careful driving primarily due to intermittent potholes in these stretches is required. Overall a pleasant experience and the entire stretch is so beautiful with umpteen waterfalls enroute.
DragonRider is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 15:42   #67
BHPian

Folks, has anyone traveled to Diveagar from Mumbai recently? Would be great if you can let me know.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote