Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th April 2009, 12:17   #1
BANNED

Default Getting to Mysore road from Kundalahalli (Bangalore)

Folks,

I have taken this route before, but this was based on a colleague's instruction about 6 months back. Want to know the latest.

The route I took then was:

Kundalahalli - Marathahalli - Silk Board - Kanakapura Road - Right turn into NICE - Entry into Mysore Road

Is Kundalahalli - Sarjapur Road - Naganathapura road (Jail road) - Electronic City - NICE road the shorter alternative?

Would be great if someone could throw some light with some instructions on the route too.

Am heading to Nagarhole on Sat early morning and need to get onto Mysore road without losing much time.

Warm regards,
Sandeep
sdmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 12:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Folks,

I have taken this route before, but this was based on a colleague's instruction about 6 months back. Want to know the latest.

The route I took then was:

Kundalahalli - Marathahalli - Silk Board - Kanakapura Road - Right turn into NICE - Entry into Mysore Road

Is Kundalahalli - Sarjapur Road - Naganathapura road (Jail road) - Electronic City - NICE road the shorter alternative?

Would be great if someone could throw some light with some instructions on the route too.

Am heading to Nagarhole on Sat early morning and need to get onto Mysore road without losing much time.

Warm regards,
Sandeep
Since you start early morning, just make it through the city.

Kundalalhalli - Airport Rd - Richmond rd - Corporation circle - Near KR Market take the Mysore road flyover.

Then continue on same road and you will be in Mysore

Last edited by mjothi : 9th April 2009 at 12:34.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 12:59   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
- Corporation circle - Near KR Market take the Mysore road flyover.
For the quoted part, can you tell me whether there are signs saying 'Mysore road' or something? I usually never take my car to these areas due to complicated one ways and heavy traffic.

Also, is this the shortest path?
Old 9th April 2009, 13:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the quoted part, can you tell me whether there are signs saying 'Mysore road' or something? I usually never take my car to these areas due to complicated one ways and heavy traffic.

Also, is this the shortest path?
Yes this is shorter. I usually take this route to Mysore. I too stay in Brookefield.

Going is very easy, you have signs till the Corporation circle - Follow K.R. Market sign. Then even if you want to go wrong, you cant The roads goes only one direction and you need to stay a little right to take the flyover.

Coming back, its a different story
Old 9th April 2009, 13:23   #5
BANNED

Thanks.

Last time when I returned from Innovative Film City, I ended up getting into Outer Ring road. While going I took Kanakapura road - NICE - Mysore road.

On the way back, when there is traffic, which route do you take?
Old 9th April 2009, 14:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Last time when I returned from Innovative Film City, I ended up getting into Outer Ring road. While going I took Kanakapura road - NICE - Mysore road.

On the way back, when there is traffic, which route do you take?
I always take this Mysore road flyover on return too.

Frankly, I have not reached home without getting lost in that traffic and one ways.

The last trip was much better. I took the straight - Kalinga rd - Mission Rd - Richmond road from there got into the Airport road.

Only once I tried this ORR when returning from Mysore. it was hell of a confusion. With those construction happening in there, I was not able to find my way out to reach Jayadev hospital / silkboard.
Old 9th April 2009, 15:57   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I always take this Mysore road flyover on return too.

Frankly, I have not reached home without getting lost in that traffic and one ways.

The last trip was much better. I took the straight - Kalinga rd - Mission Rd - Richmond road from there got into the Airport road.

Only once I tried this ORR when returning from Mysore. it was hell of a confusion. With those construction happening in there, I was not able to find my way out to reach Jayadev hospital / silkboard.
Thanks for the info!

Yes, that road dug up right in the middle caught me unawares in the night too! Some off roading skills were needed to get out of that!
Old 13th April 2009, 14:28   #8
BANNED

Had a good trip to Nagarhole and Irpu falls.

Took Kundalahalli > Marathahalli > Silk Board > Kanakapura Road > Nice Road > Mysore road route.

On the way back, where Mysore road ends, it is possible to get back into Nice road and get into Kanakapura road (I did not know how to before). Where Mysore road kind of ends, and you see a bridge to the left (to Kengeri) and an arch straight ahead leading straight into Bangalore, take a U turn (Yes, back to the Mysore direction). You will soon see the exit to your left that takes you back into Nice road. Then follow the signs for Kanakapura road, and you can take the same route back too!

Of course, once you are in Nice road, you can go to Electronic city or Bannerghata road too if that is your desination.

Trust this information helps others who needed it like I did!

Warm regards,
Sandeep

Last edited by sdmn : 13th April 2009 at 14:29.