Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th February 2016, 07:10   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Anyone has done a Europe trip via Kesari Tours in the recent past? Was planning a 14day Europe trip in the month of May, its costing us less than 3lakh per person. Seems slightly hectic, not sure how my Mom is going to cope with all the travelling. This would be the first time we'll be going through a tour, before this we've travelled on our own. Below is the link to the itinerary.

http://www.kesari.in/tourIti/Group-T...BEST-OF-EUROPE

I cant comment on Kessri tours as I don't know them. But it does seem a very hectic, heavy on travel, schedule. And of course, it is mostly the major towns you will be visiting. Nothing wrong with that, but Europe is much more than a couple of dozen major towns. You could easily spend a fortnight in any of the countries on the tour and enjoy yourself, see much more at a leisurely pace, but only in one country.

Enjoy
Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 17:44   #272
BHPian

Default Re: Travelling to Europe. Need Feedback.

I'm planning a backpacking trip to Europe with a couple of friends in Sept this year. The trip will be for ~20 days, and we plan to cover the following cities:

Amsterdam (3N)
Munich (3N) - Oktoberfest
Budapest (3N)
Prague (3N)
Warsaw (2N)
Riga (2N)
Tallinn (2N)
Berlin (2N)

Most of the travel will be by bus (except TLL - BER flight). I plan to apply for the visa through Germany. Any suggestions/pointers on the route?
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 18:28   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I'm planning a backpacking trip to Europe with a couple of friends in Sept this year. The trip will be for ~20 days, and we plan to cover the following cities:

Amsterdam (3N)
Munich (3N) - Oktoberfest
Budapest (3N)
Prague (3N)
Warsaw (2N)
Riga (2N)
Tallinn (2N)
Berlin (2N)

Most of the travel will be by bus (except TLL - BER flight). I plan to apply for the visa through Germany. Any suggestions/pointers on the route?
I think you are doing the correct thing by applying at the German embassy as you are going to stay 5 days in Germany. In the letter of application its better to mention this along with the itinerary. The folks at VFS may ask a few question on why applying at the German embassy.

Also its better to arrange the trip in a way that you are starting and ending at the same airport, this can help save some money. Its again depending on your entire plan and the cost of travelling between cities in Europe.
Using Megabus to book tickets can be cheap if booked well in advance. You may be suprised by some amazing deals.

Hope you will have a great time in Europe.
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 18:39   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
I think you are doing the correct thing by applying at the German embassy as you are going to stay 5 days in Germany. In the letter of application its better to mention this along with the itinerary. The folks at VFS may ask a few question on why applying at the German embassy.

Also its better to arrange the trip in a way that you are starting and ending at the same airport, this can help save some money. Its again depending on your entire plan and the cost of travelling between cities in Europe.
Using Megabus to book tickets can be cheap if booked well in advance. You may be suprised by some amazing deals.

Hope you will have a great time in Europe.
When applying for a visa, I'll show at least 8-10 days in Germany and change the plans once I get the visa. I haven't actually finalised the start and end point, but it will most probably be Amsterdam or Munich. Also, thanks for the Megabus tip, they only offer services in Netherlands and Germany (among the countries I'm planning to visit) and checkmybus.com (for Eastern Europe bus tickets).
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 16:37   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Anyone has done a Europe trip via Kesari Tours in the recent past? Was planning a 14day Europe trip in the month of May, its costing us less than 3lakh per person. Seems slightly hectic, not sure how my Mom is going to cope with all the travelling. This would be the first time we'll be going through a tour, before this we've travelled on our own. Below is the link to the itinerary.
Hi, I did a Europe trip through Cox & Kings in Sep 2015. Let me tell you whichever operator you choose,its gonna be very hectic since they will show you too many places in too short a time leading to you guys spending 10-11 hours daily in your coach. It will typically be a 6 7 8 where 6-wake up, 7-breakfast & 8-out on the roads!!! Also in some cities especially Rome & Venice, lot of walking so you need to be fit to take the stress.

One word of caution, May will be peak season because of Holidays and expect every tourist spot to be crammed with lots of Indian & Chinese groups leading to lot of traffic jams near your spot destination as well as standing in long queues to enter those spots. In my opinion plan towards end of August up to mid September which is mid season so lesser crowds.

Last edited by noopster : 20th April 2016 at 22:40. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Subroto Bhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016, 18:43   #276
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subroto Bhowmik View Post
It will typically be a 6 7 8 where 6-wake up, 7-breakfast & 8-out on the roads!!! Also in some cities especially Rome & Venice, lot of walking so you need to be fit to take the stress.
Already paid for it, going in the last week of May. I knew it would be hectic thats what i told my Mom. Will share my experience in the month of June.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 17:02   #277
Senior - BHPian

If we buy Skype Credit, is it possible to call Indian landlines and Indian cellphone via Skype when travelling in Europe? Has anyone tried this?
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 17:11   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If we buy Skype Credit, is it possible to call Indian landlines and Indian cellphone via Skype when travelling in Europe? Has anyone tried this?

Not from Europe, but I have tried the Skype calling from Japan. Basically Skype is one form of VOIP which can be used from any part of world if you have good connectivity to Internet with the same login.
nit787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 17:19   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Can't comment on Skype but try out the Nymgo app which is available in Android Market. Install the App and buy Nymgo credit, the calls are cheaper than skype/gtalk credits and you can call any landline/mobile. But ensure that your network (3G/ 4G/ WIFI) is good.

it works like charm.
SPEEDY_RACER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 18:11   #280
Senior - BHPian

^^ Second SpeedRacer.
Nymgo is (was) cheaper thank Skype. When I used their services, it was around 50 paise per minute.

They have a website too, I used to make calls from the same.
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 18:21   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit787 View Post
Basically Skype is one form of VOIP which can be used from any part of world if you have good connectivity to Internet with the same login.

India had some rules about VOIP calls terminating on POTS. And Skype had stopped some services in India - so just wanted to check if this was allowed.
Old 8th May 2016, 19:13   #282
Senior - BHPian

Just FYI - Skype credits work fine for making calls from Europe to Indian Landlines and Mobiles. Clarity is also decent.
Old 8th May 2016, 21:11   #283
BHPian

Many places and restaurants have free WiFi and are good enough for Whatsapp call too.

Yes -Skype Credits works just fine as well.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 16:48   #284
BHPian

Information to all travelers applying for Spain Visa.Even if VFS say Visa will be issued in 5-15 days. Never trust them.Attaching a screenshot which shows its been 20 days and 15 working days since i applied for the Visa. I had confirmed Air tickets for travelling on 11th and hotel bookings and all other necessary documents.Till now no other status update other than the documents has been received at the consulate.No calls or emails from VFS or consulate for further documents or inquiry. I have called VFS and the consulate since last 1 week and both of them doesn't have any genuine reason other " Its under Verification ". So posting here for all your knowledge.

1.Apply for Visa atleast 2 months before your travel date

2. They don't give any value for your earlier schengen/UK/USA visas ( I had Schengan &UK visas in my passport)

3.If possible ,Avoid Spain as first country of entry for Schengen visa

4.After 7 days Keep on calling VFS and the consulate of Spain ( they dont pick up after 1 pm) to know the status of your visa.
Attached Thumbnails
Travelling to Europe. Need Feedback.-spain-visa.jpg  

Mt.olympus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 23:38   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Many places and restaurants have free WiFi and are good enough for Whatsapp call too.
Yes, and free Skype-Skype calls also will work on that. The reason I bought Skype credits is for calling landlines & mobiles of people who do not use data.

Last edited by carboy : 11th May 2016 at 23:40.