Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th April 2009, 13:12   #31

So I think I got the answer.. Devikulam hills (Munnar), Kemmanagundi (Chikmagalur) are the suggestions so far.

Net says that K.Gudi never crosses 28C in summer and I think its pretty decent comparing the 36C in blr and it was the summer retreat of Mysore wodeyars. So it is should be a decent bet. Did anyone here vist K.Gudi recently?

Devikulam hills is 16km from Munnar but is it at a higher altitude.. if so this should be decent as well if I can find a resort.

Thanks for all the help.

*i didn't know mysore is hotter than blore in summer. With all the construction and the pollution in blore and mysore being closer to western ghats than blore i was thinking it will be cooler.. and it did feel so when i visited sometime ago..
GenuineOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 13:37   #32

Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
We are planning to drive to some hill-station around Bangalore for the May-1 long weekend, to beat the heat. So here are the decisions:-

Tks in advance,
Why dont you check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...great-hol.html (Hills,Thrills/Leach,Beach and Discovering godesses of Arts & learning-Wow a great Hol)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ling-trip.html (Boodipadaga Discovered-Thrilling Trip)
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 17:46   #33

Just got back from an absolutely lovely trip to Wellington....a small army cantonement town just before Coonoor. In my opinion, OOTY is too crowded and really has nothing to do. Coonoor or Wellington on the other hand a lovely little towns where one can base oneself and do several hikes in the lovely hills surrounding that area.

Dont have any suggestions on where to stay since we stayed at Wellington Club (private club) in wellington. But I am sure there must be tons of nice places to stay. It felt great to cool off and actually sleep under a thick blanket at night....have had enough of bangalore this summer.

Enjoy your trip!
mmurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 17:17   #34

[quote=rjstyles69;1265317]Make it 280 kms.

Thanks Sir! I tried hard (very hard) to recollect Bandipur but my left/right brain gave up on me. Thanks for making my contributions complete
DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 17:54   #35

Munnar is not hot now and there are occasional rains as per yesterday's update, but finding a room might not be easy for the long weekend. There are some homestays in Devikulam (16 Kms from Munnar) and the place is lot better than Munnar if you are looking to be away from the crowd
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote