Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 4th December 2011, 12:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Need help from Chennai BHPians - Places to stay/eat/shop/etc

Guys, any place in Chennai recommended for 5-7K range? Need suggestion for good hotels in Chennai (for guests coming from USA).

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 09:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Guys, any place in Chennai recommended for 5-7K range? Need suggestion for good hotels in Chennai (for guests coming from USA).

Spike
We usually use Hotel Esthell in Adyar - near the Avin circle. Clean and well appointed rooms with excellent service. We use for our European associates who, on occasions visit India with their families. Other than being a satisfied customer, I am not connected with this hotel. Will fit within your budget.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 11:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
Hi Guys, Need one small help. My wife has to visit US consulate for Visa interview on monday.I am planning to drive on sunday afternoon and i am searching for a good budget hotel near to US conulate.I checked in makemytrip and it has suggested few hotels. Could you please suggest some hotels ? Budget 2 K - 2.5 K .

The ideal place to stay would be the New woodlands hotel on the same lane where the US consulate is. It is in 1-2 KM distance from the consulate towards the beach.

This place in itself is a landmark and any one can guide you to the place.

It has excellent accomodation ( 800 Rs to 1500 Rs per day) with great veg food and service.

I would surely recommed this place.
aravind84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 13:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking out for a service apartment in Chennai for two families for 2 days during the last week of august. Any decent place near Anna Nagar? I checked Kings service apartment on the net and it looks good. Any personal experience anyone?
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 15:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

any good resorts on the chennai ECR stretch? want to take wifey away to a nice beachside place with a pool for our anniversary, but want someplace not too far away from chennai as she has been advised not to travel too much

considering green meadows right now (there are good deals online) , but open to places further south, if they are worth it

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th April 2016 at 15:45.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 16:39   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
any good resorts on the chennai ECR stretch? want to take wifey away to a nice beachside place with a pool for our anniversary, but want someplace not too far away from chennai as she has been advised not to travel too much

considering green meadows right now (there are good deals online) , but open to places further south, if they are worth it
MGM resort is decent, but could be crowded depending on the day. It's a few kms after Maayajal. If you are looking for a nice romantic dinner by the beach, Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay at Mahabalipuram is worth a visit. Pricey though, book ahead if on Friday night- weekend.
Dennis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:

I have not stayed in these resorts personally but heard good things about GRT radisson blue and Fisherman's cove. Expensive though I guess
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 17:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Another option is Ideal beach Resort just before Mahabalipuram. While not as pricey as Radisson and Vivanta (heard the service has gone down after the rebranding) they make it up in the service.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote