Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2009, 19:11   #1
BHPian

Default Mumbai To Manali via Udaipur

Dear Bhpians,
I am planning a trip from Mumbai to Manali in the first week of May. I have been through the travelogues and found the distance from Mumbai to Udaipur to be comfortable for a day's drive and hence also plan to have a day's stopover at Udaipur with some sight seeing. I am not very clear on the route from Udaipur to Manali and would therefore request your help on the same. Whether Udaipur to Manali can be done in a day? If not what/where would be an ideal stopover.
I will be travelling with my family.(wife and two kids aged 5 and 9.) My ride will be the Safari 2.2 VTT 4 x 2. I have as yet driven once to Goa and on another ocassion to my hometown Manipal, near Udupi and feel confident of covering 800 - 900 km in a days drive.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 21st April 2009, 19:30   #2
BHPian

Dddhruv , udaipur is 820kms from mumbai ,you can cover the distance in 12hours.Jaipur is 1200kms from mumbai , and the distance between jaipur and delhi is 260kms.
Old 21st April 2009, 22:02   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the info. Does one have to go via Jaipur and Delhi while travelling from Udaipur to Shimla? Also will Chandigarh be ideal for a nighthalt/stopover enroute.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Does one have to go via Jaipur and Delhi while travelling from Udaipur to Shimla? Also will Chandigarh be ideal for a nighthalt/stopover enroute.
Yes, Jaipur - Delhi - Chandigarh would be the route.
Udaipur to Delhi is 680 km and Chandigarh 930 km. Break where you are comfortable.

Delhi to Manali is around 550 km.

Instead of Udaipur if you stay in Chittaurgarh (another 120 km) on first night, you can comfortably reach till Chandigarh on the second day.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Also you dont have to pass Jaipur, please make sure to take the bypass (20kms short of Jaipur when you coming from Kishangarh), you will save atleast 2 hrs travelling time by taking this bypass.

From Udaipur there are 2 routes to Jaipur, both are equidistant and both are national highways. Make sure you take the one via Chittorgarh-Kisahngarh, is quicker and less traffic.
Old 22nd April 2009, 00:44   #6
BHPian

Yes deky the chittorgarh-kishangarh route is quicker and less traffic is there ,i have done jaipur to ahemdabad in 7hr30minutes and the road is toll road and well maintained
Closed Thread