Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th April 2009, 16:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
hi muralisk,
ya going through anakapalle - pendurthi road will bypass vizag and it will reduce around 30+ kms also. enjoy the drive ..

Thanks,
Srinivas
Thanks Srinivas, I shall keep this in mind.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:03   #17
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for the tips and it was quite helpful.

Here is the route I had taken for my journey.

Onward:
Bangalore -> Kolar ->Tirupati -> Naidupeta -> Gudur -> Nellore -> Kavali -> Ongole -> Guntur -> Vijayawada -> Eluru -> Rajahmundry -> Tuni -> Anakapalle -> Lankellapalem -> Sabbavaram -> Pendurthy -> Anandapuram -> Vizianagaram.

The reason we had taken Lankellapalem -> Sabbavaram is because the route between Anakapalle and Pendurty had a traffic jam at a railway crossing and it was a bad one. A truck broke down and we Indians being what we are, there was a huge traffic jam on the tracks and the train did stop for it to clear, before he could pass through. So, I had come back to Anakapalle, joined the NH5 and drove about 5 kms to reach Lankellapalem and took left there towards Sabbavaram (drove about 10 kms on a single road which was good), which then join the same road towards Pendurty.

Return:
Vizainagaram -> Bhmili -> Vizag -> Anakapalle -> Tuni -> Rajahmundry -> Eluru -> Vijayawada -> Guntur -> Ongole -> Kavali -> Nellore -> Gudur -> Naidupeta -> Tirupati -> Kolar -> Bangalore.

In this route, there is a small change. While going, at Naidupeta "T" junction, I had taken left and went through a railway gate and merged on to NH5. On the way back, I found that there was digging at the railway gate and the road was blocked at NH5. So, instead of turning right at this point, continue further down for about 4 kms and then turn right into Naidupeta.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote