Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 14th June 2016, 21:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I guess it should be fine. Because most traffic which starts by 4/5AM from Bangalore should be around here by 10-11 (on the ghats) and around 7/8 around Mysore. But again thats my rough assessment. So mostly you should be able to clear Ooty-Gudalur stretch easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
I think Ooty-Mysore stretch (whether via Gudalur or Masinagudi) shouldn't be too bad in the mornings because the tourist traffic from Ooty towards Bangalore typically starts only from around 12/1PM (No one would generally want to get up very early to start back after a vacation and the checkout times of most hotels / resorts is noon)

And the fact that you'd be travelling on a Friday would help as well. The high traffic day for the Ooty to Bangalore sector is Sunday.

Thanks ampere and kala. I will then try this route this Friday morning. I will be returning from Mysore on Sunday. So, maybe Sathyamangalam route would be a safe bet for the return journey.
graaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 21:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Coimbatore to Mysore - Via Chamraj nagar or Bandipur?

One last question before I leave tomorrow morning through Coimbatore - Gudalur - Bandipur - Mysore route. Is there any timing restrictions for Bandipur route? Google maps gives me a warning "This route has restricted usage".
Old 16th June 2016, 21:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
One last question before I leave tomorrow morning through Coimbatore - Gudalur - Bandipur - Mysore route. Is there any timing restrictions for Bandipur route? Google maps gives me a warning "This route has restricted usage".
Road through Bandipur is closed at night. Please ensure that you cross Theppekadu (forest entrance on the Mudumalai side) before sunset.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 21:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Road through Bandipur is closed at night. Please ensure that you cross Theppekadu (forest entrance on the Mudumalai side) before sunset.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. For the onward journey tomorrow, I am leaving Coimbatore at 4:30 in the morning. So I will be crossing Bandipur after 7AM. For return, as I will be leaving Mysore at around 4 in the evening, I think I will not be able to make it to Bandipur entrance before sunset. So, I will take the Ch.Nagar - Dimbam - Sathyamangalam route.
Old 16th June 2016, 22:07   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
For return, as I will be leaving Mysore at around 4 in the evening, I think I will not be able to make it to Bandipur entrance before sunset. So, I will take the Ch.Nagar - Dimbam - Sathyamangalam route.
Bandipur is closed from 9PM to 6AM. So if you leave at 4, you will be comfortably able to take the same route on the return (if you prefer to)
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote