Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th March 2010, 12:14   #31
BHPian

I am planning a road trip to Dwaraka Tirumala (in West Godavari District) during Good Friday weekend, and hence came to this thread. My original plan was to drive via Hyd-Kodad-VJA-Eluru-Bhimadole. But, after going thru this thread Hyd-Suryapet-Khammam-Ashwaraopet-Jangareddigudem seems a better option.

I spoke to a friend about this, he confirmed the same, and offered an advice to beat the traffic on Hyd-Suryapet highway. This will be useful to folks living in Sainikpuri/A.S.Rao Nagar/ECIL area only. The plan is to reach Ghatkesar via ECIL X Rd and Nagaram, drive upto Bhongir/Bhuvanagiri, and take right towards Chityal. Suryapet is only ~45 KMs from Chityal. This route helps avoid dense traffic on Hyd-Chityal stretch.

Last edited by nagvasireddy : 24th March 2010 at 12:18.
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 12:50   #32
BHPian

The Volvos from Visakapatnam came through the route you suggested Bhuvanagiri-Chityal.I do not know the road conditions.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:37   #33
BHPian

Guys,
Just back from Vizag today morning.
Thanks to all so much for the all information you've provided, travelled by private bus on the Khamam-Ashwaraopet-Koyyalagudem-Devagiri-Rjy route to Vizag, should say that can't take risk on this route, particularly during night, since it was an heavy vehicle we could feel some of the hard surfaces, here and there potholes on a not so bad & not so great narrow state highway. Eventually decided against this route, since its going to be a lonely highway, though we could cut down on around 60-65 kms, decided going via GH NH5.

Started at 2:30pm on the outskirts, i.e. after NAD junction, there is Sheela Petrol bunk, just after you pass by Vizag airport on the left heading towards Tuni on GQ.

The mechanic with whom i serviced my vehicle (santro xing) said they have the best petrol in town, and suggested me to go for it. Filled it from empty tank to full 35 litres, off to Rajamundry on GQ NH5, stopped near outskirts of Ravulapalem for 30 minutes food break, at around 6:30pm. Vizag to Rjy outskirts was driven by my friend, still gaining highway experience, so we were short like by 30 minutes.

Started at 7pm, passed through Eluru bypass, this was an absolute breeze drive on GQ NH5(Ravveendrra was right, watch out for traffic at Tuni and Hanuman Junction, little bit crowded, bikes, cycles, people just cross the roads). It was a superb breeze drive, reached Vijayawada at around 9:20, got out of Vijayawada non-strop with so much traffic around. By the time we were out of Vja, it was around 10pm, reached Suryapet at 1:30am. Had a little bio and snacks break. Started from the dhaba at 2:15am(45mins break), (so much of truck menace on this VJA-HYD NH9, we lost some 15 minutes here, believe me if you are a thorough professional then you can drive in nights, however the highway was in great condition, so it'll be a great drive on Vja-Hyd early hours start. Cutting off tree is already in process all along the highway, guess it starts after Nandigama, till Nandigama, you got it all lightened up with radium stickers along the highway, by the way there were no diversions on Vja-Hyd).

Reached hyderabad 3:30am and Alwal at 4:05am, with odometer showing 670 kms on a full tank capacity of 35 litres, with breaks in between of 2 hours. So that shows total driving time is 10hours excluding 2 hours break, with an average speed of 70-75kmph and mileage of 19.2 km/litre.
scorpydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 20:19   #34
BHPian

Guys,

Apologies for a little miscalculation in Total driving time, which should be 11hours travelling time excluding 2 hours break.

Thanks and Regards.
scorpydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:06   #35
BHPian

Did the Hyd - Vizag stretch on 28th March in my 300km Old Ritz Zxi. Left Hyd - Liberty Junction at 5:50AM, reached APTDC resort Haritha in Vizag by 5:25pm . Took Hyd - Suriapet - VJA - Rajamhundry -Vizag route. Road surface is brilliant throughout. Only gripe is a bit too much truck traffic till suriapet. Here is the total travelogue - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-back-mba.html (Go on a Roadtrip, Come back with an MBA)
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote