Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th May 2009, 15:09   #31
BHPian

Default Little Devils :)

Here comes Chip.. seems he got camera conscious and was not willing to give a decent pose
Attached Thumbnails
Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-chip1.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-chip2.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-chip3.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-chip4.jpg  

AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 15:12   #32
BHPian

Default Sally

And here come oldest of the lot, Sally
Attached Thumbnails
Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-sally1.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-sally2.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-sally3.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-sally4.jpg  

Old 17th May 2009, 15:17   #33
BHPian

Default .. and Twinkle

Naughtiest of the lot..
Attached Thumbnails
Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-twinkle1.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-twinkle2.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-twinkle3.jpg  

Route info and Human companion needed from Bangalore to Gurgaon (with 3 dogs) :D-img00003200901071713.jpg  

Old 17th May 2009, 18:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

buddy - iam extremely sorry i lost sight of this thread completely
however going by later posts it appears you've sorted it more or less
am glad you are figuring the train out
and yes, it does help to keep some wads of medium denominations handy to cross the palms of the various baboons that make up our dear railway staff.
having said that they are not all bad and you will probably have more issues with silly co-passengers!
i hope youve got the 1st class coupe or 4 berther - that will be lovely for the dogs. just carry plenty of newspaper - a couple of medium carton loads and some old curtains etc ( make nice warm beds for them to sleep on).
bowls of water and of course on the journey largely just give them bread and milk - they ll be quite happy.
my experience is that I used to go direct to the booking counter and book the berths/ coupe - telling them then and there that I was travelling with my pet. but this was in the 80's and 90's - much less complicated times then.

what you've done looks pretty good to me from your post.
i wish you all the best and have a great trip - wish the pets the same from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Thanks folks, makes sense. Let me explore this option of travelling by train with pets.

Shankar, would it be possible for you to share your experience/process of making travel arrangements for pets? Does one need to visit station in person to get the bookings done? If not, how do I communicate to the railway reservation authority to specifically reserve an AC-1 coupe (of 2 berths) as I would be travelling with pets?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 19:42   #35
BHPian

Thanks Shankar and don't worry about a delayed response - all's well that progresses well

So this morning paid another visit to the railway station to meet the Commercial Manager. First went to the contact provided by Luggage Supervisor. I had spoken to this gentleman last week and he was the one who had provided me with the rule number. A nice person he turned out to be and he assured me there should not be a problem and that there was no prior permission required for pets' travel.

Nonetheless, I insisted on submitting an application for the same. He provided me with paper and carbon paper for writing the application too, and sent me to the ACM for getting the permission. The ACM was also a nice gentleman, he listened me out and then called for the same person who was helping me all this while and asked him to check the rules if there was something which could prevent 3 dogs from travelling. After referring to the rule book, it was identified that the rule says 'dogs' and not 'dog' - plural - yaaay!!

I was given a xerox of the rule to be carried during the journey in case some ignorant staff tried playing truant.. And it did not end there, the ACM gave me cell number of his subordinate to reach out if there was an issue at the station..

Finally, for booking of 4-berth cabin, it seems I still need to make an application one day prior to the journey - and I'm not complaining

PS - after everything was sorted out, the ACM spent 10 minutes talking about my pets and after having a look at them (on my cellphone) enquired if I was planning to let go of one of them!! Of course, no way..