Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th February 2016, 17:04   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi, I am doing this route tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Kindly advise if there is any new information which can help.
My plan- YEW - > Kanpur - > Use the shortcut-> NH25.
Does anyone know why bikers, mostly young refuse to budge despite incessant honking and available space on these roads?
I had to brake hard, really hard from 120 twice (still not needing ABS) on Itawah - Akbarpur stretch.
I don't see ignorance but a strange belligerence here with these folks.
It happened on NH-25 to a Bolero as well. It was right in front of me but a biker did not yield despite being in mortal danger ( Without helmet). The Bolero was shaking vertically due to roll because it had to brake hard. The biker was fuss free and still did not yield. He was aware.
Before that, I had thought it was perhaps my bad judgement but with Bolero it dawned on me that it was deliberately done.
Last time I saw such things, I was on Shamli - Kairana stretch with 14 year old kids were doing this.
Make no mistakes, my moves were not aggressive. Incessant honking was done where merely a dipper would do on other roads.
atnyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 16:06   #32
BHPian

Default re: Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries

Hi, I am planning to drive down to Lucknow this coming Saturday from Gurgaon. Please suggest the best route
Arkanile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 12:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi, I am doing this route tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Kindly advise if there is any new information which can help.
My plan- YEW - > Kanpur - > Use the shortcut-> NH25.
Hey Atniya, Can you please share the route details and also times taken. I have heard the stretch is not advisable to do at night, although members experiences state otherwise, but please do share the details, may be going day after.
Arkanile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 16:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hey Atniya, Can you please share the route details and also times taken. I have heard the stretch is not advisable to do at night, although members experiences state otherwise, but please do share the details, may be going day after.
Hi Arkanile,

This is doable during night by car as confirmed by locals. This is one of the major highways.

Secondly, in a significant development, Ramadevi Flyover is functional now. So, no need to go to Shuklaganj bypass (NH91) anymore. Instead, directly go towards the Kanpur city.

Thirdly, only few eating options are there. Try stopping at places near Sirsagunj (two hours after getting off from YEW at Tundla/Agra). Ex. Hotel Gujan (good food but somewhat rude staff).
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2016, 13:28   #35
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries

Hi

I am driving from Gurgaon to Lucknow. Google maps tells me that the best way is to take Yamuna Expy till Agra and then NH2 till Lucknow.

Does not show me any issues in Kanpur? Can someone please confirm the road conditions - and also time it will take for the trip.

Thanks.
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 18:04   #36

Default Re: Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries

Hi Friends, I traveled 2-3 days back on this route beyond Lucknow. And everything turned out to be great. We did not face any issues at all with the roads. Some general observations:
  1. Yamuna express way is amazing and sort of a fantasy to drive.
  2. Agra till Shikohabad is a bit challenging with narrower roads (in comparison to expressway ) . I think it mainly happens because of mind being more accustomed to something like expressway.
    • This stretch passes through the town of Firozabad and Shikohabad with few intersections in-between so I assume may be witnessing jams on certain days.
    • I also observed the phenomenon reported by 'Atniya' that bikers are pretty dangerous in this area. They do not like to give a pass. So be careful.
  3. Beyond Shikohabad till Jaswantnagar is good.
  4. Then beyond that, starting Etwah till Kanpur is amazing. 8 lanes and no heavy traffic.
  5. Kanpur was amazing as the huge flyover helped us to avoid Kanpur completely and we directly landed on Lucknow highway.
  6. Kanpur-Lucknow again comes into fair to good category with heavier traffic (more people commute between these two cities) and 4 lane roads.
If one uses Taj Expressway then till Lucknow you pay close to INR 900 as toll. We did not see too many hotels on the route. We also did not see trees that normally are there around the roads or may be because of new road construction, they were cut. Some pics to give you an idea of roads.

Lucknow-Kanpur stretch
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-lucknowkanpur.jpg

Kanpur Flyover
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-kanpur-flyover.jpg

Kanpur-Etawah
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-kanpur-etawah-2.jpg

Etawah-Shikohabad
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-etawah-shikohabad.jpg

Shikohabad Town
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-shikohabad-town.jpg

Firozabad junction
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-firozabad.jpg