Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 4th June 2017, 23:01   #166
BHPian

I too got a white board car from selfdrive.in Pune. Had opted for pickup and drop. Got a call at around 3am on the day of booking telling me that the Creta I has booked had an accident damage and only a Honda City automatic was available. Had no option but to agree. Car was delivered on time though and was in good condition. The return pickup was not so good since I had to keep calling them and remind about the pickup and almost risked missing my flight.
Honda city's rent was lower than that of Creta but they seemed reluctant to return the difference. Had they been forthcoming about their mistake and automatically given back the extra money, I'd give them a higher rating.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 10:40   #167
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Default Panda Riders, Guwahati

My experience with with Panda riders, Guwahati.
In NE region, none of the established players like Zoom, Myles etc operate. After searching the net finally found out two guys Awe rides and Panda rides. Awe rides offered one day free for 10 day booking. Panda rides did not offer any. I was planning to go to Tawang, Kazhiranga, Sibsagar from Guwahati. Bangalore to Guwahati by flight.
My trip was due during dussera holidays. About 10 days before trip checked with Awe rides, they have Hyundai Xecent , brand new one. Rate quoted was Rs 3000/ day. But I was skeptical about the GC. So checked with Panda rides guy. He offered me Scorpio @ 2500/day. Fuel not included. Same with Awe rides also.

He wanted advance. But i was not sure about paying advance. Finally he has agreed for spot payment. 25K +5K deposit. He has agreed to take the deposit by check.

I had sent my DL copy, address proof etc by mail in advance. I had requested for airport drop. He as agreed for an additional charge of Rs 500/-

one of my friend working in Shillong arranged for my Arunachal ILP's and arranged them to be picked up from someone at Khanapara in Guwahati. I had requested Panda rides about the possibility of picking them up for me. He has readily obliged. In addition as per my request he has stocked the car with two crates of water bottles also.

My flight was delayed by more than three hours ( Indian Airlines). He has waited for two hours and then left the car with an employee at Airport. I had picked the car, signed a single sheet. They have taken my PAN card. The car was in good condition and it is white board. It seems it is his personal car.
At the end of the trip, car was again picked up from Airport and 5 K deposit returned.

All in all good experience
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 18:50   #168
srh
BHPian

Default Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Sharing two experience with Myles:

Experience 1

Booking
Had booked a Swift from Chandigadh airport. Booking was done online a couple of months in advance and was fairly easy. Paid full amount upfront along with a deposit. Had called their call center in advance to reconfirm one day before actual pick up date. Received the contact person phone number on SMS

Pickup
After landing at CG airport, called the number provided - was asked to call another person. Then called the other person. He claimed to be just around the corner and promised to arrive in 10 minutes. Showed up only after an hour - before that, he claimed that the Swift had met an accident and he would be arranging another vehicle. Finally got possession of an Etios for the same price but a couple of hours late.

Vehicle condition
Was fairly decent. Traveled a fair bit around Punjab and Himachal hills without any issues

Handover
Was uneventful

Experience 2
Booking
Had booked a XUV in Bangalore for 4 day long weekend starting Saturday. Booked online about a couple of months in advance. Got requisite confirmation. Paid entire amount in advance along with a deposit. Fairly easy. Called call center one week in advance for reconfirmation - also recced the pick up spot (as I wasn't familiar with the same). Talked to the local representative as well. Was assured that everything would be fine.

The horror story
Got a call from Delhi one day in advance to the pick up date. Was informed that the vehicle had met with an accident and that Myles would be canceling the booking and would do a refund of the advance and the charges. The person calling hardly seemed apologetic - no good will gesture - his tone was as if they were doing me a favour by providing "100%" refund! I was disappointed and even angry at their casual attitude - my holiday in danger. I suggested if they could arrange an alternate vehicle - which they flatly refused. I threatened that I would go to a consumer court - I was told I am free to do whatever I like.

In a nut shell - my conclusion is that Myles is highly unreliable. There is no guarantee that you WILL get the vehicle that you booked by paying 100% of the amount. Considering that their vehicles always have an accident - I doubt that they are highly unethical and dishonest. Given this experience, it is unlikely that I will again be booking a car with them.
srh is offline   Reply With Quote