Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th November 2011, 02:06   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Check Carz on Rent. I once availed a self drive vehicle (when they were a franchise of Hertz). They have an office in Ahmedabad.
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 11:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Self-drive car rentals in Ahmedabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Thanks ranjitp1 for the reference to autoriders. Unfortunately they have limited reach with respect to self-drive rentals -

From -||- Welcome to Autoriders International Limited -||- -
Maybe it would be a good idea to call them up and check,as I do not see Hyderabad in their list of cities and I for one am sure they have self drive vehicles in Hyd.Probably the website hasnt been updated?
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 19:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

this market is not developed well yet i guess. i have checked with autoriders - they seem to have not yet renewed their licence for self drive cars.

avis does not have an innova ( all they have is upto Fiesta ) but stragely their website has innova listed with rates and even has a payment gateway to pay all without having the service !!

orix website asks you to contact their local office. have sent them an email and still waiting

i guess there is still some time to wait before such services are available commonly - atleast in Chennai
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 19:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Avis rented me an Innova in Bangalore in this Aug. The deal was for a Fiesta but they were out so I got upgraded to an Innova.

Maybe they don't have them available in the city you tried.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 23:49   #50
BHPian

I rented Innova multiple times from Avis in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Also check with Budget for Innova rentals
sureshurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 03:28   #51

Hi, my 2 bucks here,

I am not sure if this info is well suited here. But, let me provide you a piece of information for anybody planning to make trips in and around mangalore.
( Like Coastal karnataka, agumbe ,hampi, chikmagalur, karwar, goa, wayanad, ooty, munnar etc. )

Car rent self drive cars available:-

Maruti alto @ INR 900/- per day
Maruti Ritz -D @ INR 1350/- per day
Maruti Ritz - P @ INR 1350/- per day

250 free Kms per day, and above which the cost is calculated as follows:-

extra cost =
((One day's Rent)/250)*(extra kilometers per day, above the alloted 250 kms)

No security deposit, but ID proof required, and Introduction from a previous customer. Thats all.

Trust me car's are extremely well maintained.

He gives Full tank fuel at the start, when returning we need to return by tanking up full. And, the car's are white board cars, so no jhanjhat of permits when going inter-state and all. You can use it as your own car.

As simple as that.

This might be of help to people.

Thanks and Regards
~TheRedPaladin a.k.a Karthik
TheRedPaladin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
Hi, my 2 bucks here,
Car rent self drive cars available:-
No security deposit, but ID proof required, and Introduction from a previous customer. Thats all.
Trust me car's are extremely well maintained.
He gives Full tank fuel at the start, when returning we need to return by tanking up full. And, the car's are white board cars, so no jhanjhat of permits when going inter-state and all. You can use it as your own car.
~TheRedPaladin a.k.a Karthik
What is the name and contact# of this agency?
vharihar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 11:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Default Hertz India is Orix now

Looks like Hertz has discontinued their customer referral program with Carzonrent.Hertz referrals in India are now being handled by Orix India which in all likelihood is going to be bought over by Hertz.ORIX India
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 15:11   #54
BHPian

Hi all,

We are on the lookout for a car which would comfortably accomodate 7 people, preferably an Innova. We want to drive down from Bangalore to Goa however there are hardly any agencies that would offer cars on self drive basis. I contacted Avis and Hertz, however all their Innovas are booked. We want the car from this coming monday for a week.
On the other hand, is there any bhpian in Bangalore who could lend me a car and we could sort out a deal?
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 17:07   #55
BHPian

I may be late in posting but i hope it will help. I had rented an innova from Avis in may last year. Avis in gurgaon has an office in Radisson Mahipalpur. We were 7 friends and we had booked the self drive rental for 3 days. The customer desk was very helpful and all the document work took around 45 minutes . This was at 1:00 am. They the gave a thorough detail of all the permits and licences which the car had and the company driver also told us where the state tax for rajasthan can be paid. We took the innova to bikaner via churu. Avis does not have a limit on the number of kilometers. Innova was very well maintained and it was a perfect ride for 7 people on rajasthan roads which i must admit are really nice. I dont remember the exact cost of the rental but it was around 10,000 for 3 days. The security deposit was 30,000 rs. I also paid extra 500 rs for the extra driver.This is because only the person in whose name the car rental is registered can drive. So i you have extra drivers you will have to pay. But the charges aren't much. Overall it was a nice experince. I had my doubts because ive never driver a big car as innova before. Also since such rentals are not very common in India so we tend to doubt such deals. But the experience at Avis left me impressed and I would definitely be going back to them whenever I need such rental. Also i must mention i had made the booking well in advance, around march I think.
vibhavraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 12:20   #56
BHPian

Avis for me anyday. Have availed their service quite a few times in Mumbai. Once we were upgraded to Honda City due to unavailabilty of Dezire.
In another trip Dezire broke down near Igatpuri and the sent a replacement vehicle. Unfortunatley the replacement vehicle had an accident on our return trip. We paid around 10k for the repairs. This was less than our estimates and the people out there are helpful.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 17:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPaladin View Post
250 free Kms per day, and above which the cost is calculated as follows:-

extra cost =
((One day's Rent)/250)*(extra kilometers per day, above the alloted 250 kms)

so if I rent the car for say 4 days, it will be a total of 1000 kms regardless of how much I drive each day. Correct?

Also, what happens in terms of insurance claims in case of any accident?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 18:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhavraghav View Post
I may be late in posting but i hope it will help. I had rented an innova from Avis in may last year......... But the experience at Avis left me impressed and I would definitely be going back to them whenever I need such rental. Also i must mention i had made the booking well in advance, around march I think.

Thanks for your reply, we are back from our trip last month and we had rented out an Innova from an aquaintance for 8 days and got it for a real deal
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:45   #59
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone tried availing self drive rentals from Girikand?

Girikand Cars | Self Drive

I am looking at renting an Innova for a week in September and here's the breakup of costs involved:

- Rent: Rs. 15,960/-
- Tax: 4.94%
- Maximum mileage for 6 days - 1800kms (300km/day)
- They will swipe in Rs. 50,000/- as a deposit. Or else I need to present a blank cheque
- The amount includes an accident insurance.
- Small dents and scratches are not covered by insurance.

(Rest of the details are as in the link above).

The other option I see is - http://www.selfdrive.in/fleet.php. But their prices are too high.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd July 2012 at 16:47.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 12:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
What is the name and contact# of this agency?
Do you have any contact details for this guy? I'm looking for self-drive rental during my stay in Goa in Sep 1 week. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nitin
nitinr30 is offline   Reply With Quote