Old 12th February 2014, 15:12   #106
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Car for hire in Goa

If you wish to try a professionaly run setup, give carzonrent a try: Link
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 15:53   #107
Senior - BHPian

I paid Rs 900 a day during peak season for an Alto K10. The car was good with all papers. I got it on the advice of the hotel security guy.

But it was a private vehicle and the owner gave me his number to call in case of need. I am sure the other rentals would have charged a lot more.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 16:05   #108
BHPian

I was in Goa in Feb first week last year. I remember paying 750/- for one day after negotiations. But I had to foot the fuel bill. I did not go through the hotel staff where I was staying. I guess that's why I got it cheap. The car was a Hyundai Getz.

Do remember to bargain a bit. Check 2-wheelers, too. A better option in Goa what with all those parking problems in Panjim and North Goa.

Last edited by travelwriter : 12th February 2014 at 16:06. Reason: More details
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 18:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Car for hire in Goa

I am geting a quote of 1000/- per day for Santro/Alto/Wagon R for a legal rental self drive board (black + yellow numbers). the same costs 800/- for a white board car.

I have some questions please help me with answers. I am travelling on 21st night and will reach Madgaon station by 7:30 am on 22nd feb by train. I would need to car from 22nd morning 7:00 am - 26th evening 5:00 pm (5 days).
  1. What is the difference between White board and Yellow+Black board (what are the legal implications). Will i be stopped by cops if i drive a white board car.
  2. help me choose between White board and Rental self drive legal car. I am with a one year old kid and my spouse so would like to avoid problems as far as i can. Money is not a problem. Private vehicles are 200-300/- cheaper than the legal self drive car.
  3. It seems economical to have the car vendor receive me @ Madgaon and also surrender the car @ Madgaon station. Any comments? Resort's own Taxi pickup costs me 900/- .
  4. What are the parking challenges i would face. Is it bad as any town/city or is parking avaialble easily near beaches/restaurants/Panjim boating/Agouda fort etc.
  5. I prefer a car rather than a 2-wheeler as i have a 15 month old infant.
  6. Anything i should know or any pointers or tips on Goan driving. I am a sedate driver travelling with familiy.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 12th February 2014 at 18:28.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 19:04   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I am geting a quote of 1000/- per day for Santro/Alto/Wagon R for a legal rental self drive board (black + yellow numbers). the same costs 800/- for a white board car.
[*][/list]
Quote:
What is the difference between White board and Yellow+Black board (what are the legal implications). Will i be stopped by cops if i drive a white board car.
The difference is simple one is legal and the other is illegal.Will you be stopped?,Now that's your luck,if you have a "touristy" kind of face,wearing a cowboy hat and a "I love Goa" tshirt then you might be stopped if you're out in a white board vehicle. The legal implications would be you get fined or depending on the connection of the person you get the car from,you might just be declared as a distant visiting cousin. When you get a legal yellow-black board vehicle,you will definitely be stopped once maybe, but wont be an issue if all papers are right which they are normally.Since you are a family you might get away with a white board vehicle but the risk is yours.My suggestion take the yellow-black board.

Quote:
It seems economical to have the car vendor receive me @ Madgaon and also surrender the car @ Madgaon station. Any comments? Resort's own Taxi pickup costs me 900/-
If you are going to take the car on rent anyways ,what you stated above will the best option and also economical.

Quote:
What are the parking challenges i would face. Is it bad as any town/city or is parking available easily near beaches/restaurants/Panjim boating/Aguada fort etc.
Parking is always a challenge when you go to the main tourist spot but the rush is low this time of the year so you will definitely get a spot to park.

Quote:
I prefer a car rather than a 2-wheeler as i have a 15 month old infant.
Anything i should know or any pointers or tips on Goan driving. I am a sedate driver travelling with family.
Driving is a breeze in Goa,very different from what you may be used to in Mumbai/Chennai,less noise pollution,less honking..Just be sure to buckle-up, don't drive fast and enjoy your trip.

P.S. There's a reliable legal car on rent operator close to my office,I'll try and get the rates for you along with the contact details so maybe you can decide from there on.I'll get you the rates for wagonr/alto/santro whichever available and maybe even a Thar if you're interested.PM me if you need any other help in Goa.

Last edited by richie4u : 12th February 2014 at 19:05.
richie4u is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 23:56   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
P.S. There's a reliable legal car on rent operator close to my office,I'll try and get the rates for you along with the contact details so maybe you can decide from there on.I'll get you the rates for wagonr/alto/santro whichever available and maybe even a Thar if you're interested.PM me if you need any other help in Goa.
This is going to be a informative thread with contacts. I was in Goa 2 weeks back and vendors were asking 400 for activa/dio - i like 2 wheeler ride in Goa so avoided car. Managed to pay 300 for New Dio (Weekend Rates are higher). These are vendors near Ginger hotel Panjim. Earlier i used to pay 150 for activa!!
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 21:56   #112
BHPian

Default Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Do any of you guys know which is the best self driven car rental service in Trivandrum? And what are the options?
avi@98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 01:18   #113
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning to rent a 8 seater in Chennai. Renters like Avis or Carzonrent only have 7 seater vehicles. I suppose I could get from getz or annai cars (I've had rented form them earlier), however, I'm not sure of their policy in case of any accidents since they use private board(white). Can someone advice?

P.S. the trip is a return travel to Goa.
Thanks
satheesh1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 00:12   #114
BHPian

Question Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

I could not find any option to pay the Other state entry tax online. Is there any way Carzonrent or Zoom can pay the tax in advance, so we do not have to stop at the RTO checkpost and waste time in a queue of trucks and cabs.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 17:08   #115
BHPian

This year i took a chance and booked a self-driven Ertiga for Travel to Himachal from Carzonrent.

It came as a surprise that the whole thing went off without a hitch. Though the initial take over of the car took sometime (which nearly offset timings), but rest all was like a breeze.

A few points

Make sure u carry all the documents before you take a handover.
Make sure you carefully inspect the vehicle before taking the delivery. (we had to wait for 30 mins to get the RC of the Car)
Take a photocopy of all the papers they make you fill up.
Make sure you know the road tax for taxi's for the state you are going to. (entry to harayana was about 2100 for that particular vehicle which you would need to spend).
EasyR1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 23:43   #116
BHPian

Guys, I need some info. Any Automatic transmission self driven car is available in Bangalore for say a fortnight or two? Compact car like santro/i10 etc preferred (I don't know which compact cars come with Automatic transmission)
What is the rental rate with the rental cos? Which are the best / reputed car rentals that I can speak to?
Alternatively If some fellow TBhpian with a compact car (Auto transmission) is willing to offer the car for a fortnight or more, I will be more than willing to take it.
Tnx. Ashok
ashkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 05:42   #117
BHPian

Arrow Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys, I need some info. Any Automatic transmission self driven car is available in Bangalore for say a fortnight or two? Compact car like santro/i10 etc preferred (I don't know which compact cars come with Automatic transmission)
What is the rental rate with the rental cos? Which are the best / reputed car rentals that I can speak to?
Alternatively If some fellow TBhpian with a compact car (Auto transmission) is willing to offer the car for a fortnight or more, I will be more than willing to take it.
Tnx. Ashok
Hi Ashok,

IMHO Zoomcar.in is the best self driven car rental in Bangalore. They offer two Automatic Hatchbacks namely Mahindra Reva E2O - Rs. 54/hour or 540/day and Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Rs. 390/hr or 3900/day(if price is not a concern), if you are not so particular about Automatics then they have Ford Figo - Rs. 150/hr or 1500/day. Hourly trip includes 25kms and Daily trip includes 225 kms.

Have a look at this thread discussion on them Link.
They offer the best and hassle free service.

Hope it helps!!
Regards.
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 13:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Tnx. Ashok
Zoomcar is the best.They dont have any automatics in the budget/economy section,you would have to opt for the high end cars for automatic options.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 22:18   #119
BHPian

Hi Guys...any suggestions for a good recommended self drive car agency in Cochin.. Visiting with family later this year...Zoom/ Carz on rent etc don't provide service there. I would be landing in Kochi Airport & would be there in Kerala for around 8-9 days. Anyone who had any personal experience ?
Or would it be best to hire a car with a driver ? What kind of rental costs are we looking at for a Dzire/ Indigo / Verito type sedan ?
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 23:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Hi Guys...any suggestions for a good recommended self drive car agency in Cochin.. Visiting with family later this year...Zoom/ Carz on rent etc don't provide service there. I would be landing in Kochi Airport & would be there in Kerala for around 8-9 days. Anyone who had any personal experience ?
Or would it be best to hire a car with a driver ? What kind of rental costs are we looking at for a Dzire/ Indigo / Verito type sedan ?
Kochi or for that matter whole of Kerala does not have any licensed self drive operators.There are private owners renting out their cars to known people etc but all that is a big hassle plus no protection in case of any eventuality.

My suggestion would be to hire a normal cab from the airport or get in touch with the upteen tours and travels guys and hire a car from them.The Indigo kind of cars are now at INR 10-12rs a km and the cab would charge you for to and fro distance.If its a sight seeing trip,then I would suggest that you retain the same car for the entire duration of the trip as that would work out economical and plus saves you the hassle of hiring separately at each location.You could get in touch with Eldose whose services I have used and have referred to a couple more of people.You could get in touch with him on 09447523493.Language could be an issue in the state as everyone understands Hindi and English but conversing back is a little tricky.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 16th July 2014 at 23:48.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote