Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 18th February 2014, 21:56   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Do any of you guys know which is the best self driven car rental service in Trivandrum? And what are the options?
avi@98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 01:18   #107
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning to rent a 8 seater in Chennai. Renters like Avis or Carzonrent only have 7 seater vehicles. I suppose I could get from getz or annai cars (I've had rented form them earlier), however, I'm not sure of their policy in case of any accidents since they use private board(white). Can someone advice?

P.S. the trip is a return travel to Goa.
Thanks
satheesh1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 00:12   #108
BHPian

Question Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

I could not find any option to pay the Other state entry tax online. Is there any way Carzonrent or Zoom can pay the tax in advance, so we do not have to stop at the RTO checkpost and waste time in a queue of trucks and cabs.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 17:08   #109
BHPian

This year i took a chance and booked a self-driven Ertiga for Travel to Himachal from Carzonrent.

It came as a surprise that the whole thing went off without a hitch. Though the initial take over of the car took sometime (which nearly offset timings), but rest all was like a breeze.

A few points

Make sure u carry all the documents before you take a handover.
Make sure you carefully inspect the vehicle before taking the delivery. (we had to wait for 30 mins to get the RC of the Car)
Take a photocopy of all the papers they make you fill up.
Make sure you know the road tax for taxi's for the state you are going to. (entry to harayana was about 2100 for that particular vehicle which you would need to spend).
EasyR1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 23:43   #110
BHPian

Guys, I need some info. Any Automatic transmission self driven car is available in Bangalore for say a fortnight or two? Compact car like santro/i10 etc preferred (I don't know which compact cars come with Automatic transmission)
What is the rental rate with the rental cos? Which are the best / reputed car rentals that I can speak to?
Alternatively If some fellow TBhpian with a compact car (Auto transmission) is willing to offer the car for a fortnight or more, I will be more than willing to take it.
Tnx. Ashok
ashkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 05:42   #111
BHPian

Arrow Re: Feedback on different Self Drive rental agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys, I need some info. Any Automatic transmission self driven car is available in Bangalore for say a fortnight or two? Compact car like santro/i10 etc preferred (I don't know which compact cars come with Automatic transmission)
What is the rental rate with the rental cos? Which are the best / reputed car rentals that I can speak to?
Alternatively If some fellow TBhpian with a compact car (Auto transmission) is willing to offer the car for a fortnight or more, I will be more than willing to take it.
Tnx. Ashok
Hi Ashok,

IMHO Zoomcar.in is the best self driven car rental in Bangalore. They offer two Automatic Hatchbacks namely Mahindra Reva E2O - Rs. 54/hour or 540/day and Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Rs. 390/hr or 3900/day(if price is not a concern), if you are not so particular about Automatics then they have Ford Figo - Rs. 150/hr or 1500/day. Hourly trip includes 25kms and Daily trip includes 225 kms.

Have a look at this thread discussion on them Link.
They offer the best and hassle free service.

Hope it helps!!
Regards.
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 13:38   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Tnx. Ashok
Zoomcar is the best.They dont have any automatics in the budget/economy section,you would have to opt for the high end cars for automatic options.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 22:18   #113
BHPian

Hi Guys...any suggestions for a good recommended self drive car agency in Cochin.. Visiting with family later this year...Zoom/ Carz on rent etc don't provide service there. I would be landing in Kochi Airport & would be there in Kerala for around 8-9 days. Anyone who had any personal experience ?
Or would it be best to hire a car with a driver ? What kind of rental costs are we looking at for a Dzire/ Indigo / Verito type sedan ?
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 23:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Hi Guys...any suggestions for a good recommended self drive car agency in Cochin.. Visiting with family later this year...Zoom/ Carz on rent etc don't provide service there. I would be landing in Kochi Airport & would be there in Kerala for around 8-9 days. Anyone who had any personal experience ?
Or would it be best to hire a car with a driver ? What kind of rental costs are we looking at for a Dzire/ Indigo / Verito type sedan ?
Kochi or for that matter whole of Kerala does not have any licensed self drive operators.There are private owners renting out their cars to known people etc but all that is a big hassle plus no protection in case of any eventuality.

My suggestion would be to hire a normal cab from the airport or get in touch with the upteen tours and travels guys and hire a car from them.The Indigo kind of cars are now at INR 10-12rs a km and the cab would charge you for to and fro distance.If its a sight seeing trip,then I would suggest that you retain the same car for the entire duration of the trip as that would work out economical and plus saves you the hassle of hiring separately at each location.You could get in touch with Eldose whose services I have used and have referred to a couple more of people.You could get in touch with him on 09447523493.Language could be an issue in the state as everyone understands Hindi and English but conversing back is a little tricky.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 16th July 2014 at 23:48.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 00:09   #115
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I am looking to rent a seven to eight seater for 2 weeks. I have narrowed down on the Ertiga and Innova. We will be 5 adults and one toddler of 2 years, who will be having her own toddler car seat. We plan to travel out of station for nearly 5 days (Delhi to Punjab), thus we'd be needing good amount of luggage space for the a stroller, knocked down crib, bags, etc., keeping that in mind, the Ertiga doesn't seem like a wise choice even though it has a better mileage.

Which one would be a better car to go for? Ertiga or the Innova?

I am thinking of booking via Carzonrent and getting a toddler seat from them too. Though I have a few questions -

1. Are there any worthy competitors in self drive industry worth looking at?
2. I will need to make a blocked security deposit of Rs.50,000/- on my CC. Do they only accept credit cards? As my credit card has a limit of Rs.25,000/- only. Though I can arrange a cash deposit.
3. Can I request for a newer model of the car?
4. Do they have a luggage carrier on the roof of the car?

Thanks in advance!
sibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 09:04   #116
BHPian

Guys where should I rent from in Bangalore? Please suggest a place with no/low deposit that will rent to a youngster (I'm 23). Does Zoom car charge anything more than Rs.5000 deposit that they mention on their site?
Evil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 12:30   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Guys where should I rent from in Bangalore? Please suggest a place with no/low deposit that will rent to a youngster (I'm 23). Does Zoom car charge anything more than Rs.5000 deposit that they mention on their site?
Other than their per day charges-nothing else.Zoom is your best bet.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014, 11:40   #118
BHPian

Folks,
I am planning a trip in Himachal ex Chandigarh was considering hiring a self drive car, does anybody know of a self drive agency in Chandigarh?
I will land on the 2nd of Oct and leave on the 8th.
ssingri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 21:15   #119
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a self-drive from Chandigarh from 27th Sept returning on 5th Oct. Carzonrent is all booked. Can anyone of you suggest an alternative.

Cheers,
PP.
PVPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 12:59   #120
BHPian

There's a new service in the NCR region by the name of MiCar! Check em out http://www.micar.co.in/

Currently they have Polo, Vento and Nissan Terrano on offer. But the per day rental and security deposit is way lower than Carzonrent. I am getting Terrano for 1,700/day rent with a 10,000 security deposit for a period of 14 days. I think it's an excellent deal. It's best to call their customer care # and get a quote since I got a Terrano quote 200 Rs. less than what's quoted on their website.
sibot is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote